• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK PM Rishi Sunak: "A man is a man, and a woman is a woman, that's just common sense"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Soon to be irrelevant, Sunak will be gone as soon as the tories lose the general election. Being married to a billionaire heiress will soften the blow.
He has struck me as remarkably unremarkable. BoJo was at least good for some jokes, inlcuding how his nickname sounds like a slang term for oral sex, lol.

RestlessSoul

The UK Conservative Party has been in power for thirteen years. Public services are underfunded, the economy is moribund, the housing market is broken, and while a very few very wealthy people are better off, the rest of us are all experiencing varying levels of economic pain. If the polls are to be believed, Sunak's government is due to drubbing in next year's general election. This culture war nonsense is literally all they have left; expect the appeal to prejudice and demonising of minorities to ramp up, in the name of the War on Woke. If the British people don't sling these unscrupulous spivs and liars into the bin via the ballot box, I officially give up on my country.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
So far it seems like the responses have been that what Sunak said is transphobic. Is that a fair summary?

So what I genuinely want to understand is why anyone here thinks what he said is transphobic. Is anyone will to explain that? To be fair, I might well have questions about your explanations, I'm hoping to have an actual conversation and dig into why Sunak's comments are viewed as transphobic.

thanks!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So far it seems like the responses have been that what Sunak said is transphobic. Is that a fair summary?

So what I genuinely want to understand is why anyone here thinks what he said is transphobic. Is anyone will to explain that? To be fair, I might well have questions about your explanations, I'm hoping to have an actual conversation and dig into why Sunak's comments are viewed as transphobic.

thanks!
Promise nit to keep asking hiw counterpoints are relevant and to start using a dictionary rather than asking what so many words mean?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

thanks!

You at least grasp that his comments are related to trans political controversies, yes? He said what he said for a political reason. You know this, right?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I take it you disagree with Sunak? Can you explain your thinking?
I did not say that at all! I asked what are his credentials, that would make it worth my while to listen to his opinion. As a matter of fact, what are my credentials? I'll tell you -- none. And in that case, why would you be interested in my opinion, either?

Bthoth

Talk amongst yourselves:

Tough topic. No matter what side of the issue you take, you will lose. I gave a thumbs up for your guts to even bring it up.

My position will always be grounded to 'life' and the living process intending to continue living.

RestlessSoul

In what way(s) have I been disingenuous?

I don’t know if you’re being disingenuous. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, but I won’t extend that to Rishi Sunak. I doubt he has much in the way of an informed opinion on trans issues, nor any strong feelings of his own either way. Most people don’t btw, most people are worried about paying their bills; but it’s not informed opinion he’s appealing to - it’s prejudice, plain and simple. In case you weren’t aware, his government (which has quite a few sons and daughters of immigrants among it’s number) has also ramped up the rhetoric about immigration; we hear endless talk about an ‘invasion’ of refugees. This is dog whistle politics, real nasty gutter scraping stuff.