• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Now your nit picking, were talking about very young children here being forced by the Nazi establishment, children who are too young to make their own minds up, Oh no, I'm using the emotional tactic myself lol.
Nazi establishment? Do you allow children to make all their decisions? Do you not force them to do anything? Of course not.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Yea I have done a lot of checking and I am satisfied with my conclusion, also based on my own experience with the downside of the polio vaccine, I am in total agreement that vaccines can be dangerous.
Please don't lie: you have done no checking whatsoever to do with the studies which show no harm caused by vaccines, all you have done is assert fraud by the authors.

The "dangers" of vaccines are infinitesimally small compared ot the dangers of not having the vaccines - your coming up with one, or even a thousand actual stories of harm would still pale into insignificance beside the many millions of people who have been harmed by the diseases that vaccines protect against. The polio vaccines is an excellent case in point: without the vaccine, millions caught the disease, many thousands died and hundreds of thousands were left permanently disfigured. The polio vaccine is probably the most dangerous vaccine because of a one-in-less-than-a-million chance that the vaccine contains a live virus: according to wiki, there were 60 cases of vaccine-derived polio infection, three quarters of which were in Pakistan because they have the lowest vaccination rates & it probably only took one live vaccine to infect the rest.

But even with the polio vaccine, the risk benefit balance is evident: before vaccination, it was a global killer, affecting hundreds of thousands every year. Now it's less than 1% of that.

Yea tell that to all autistic children.
But autism is categorically not caused by vaccination. The amount of time and money wasted doing study after study because blinkered idiots refuse to accept cast-iron solid data is ridiculous. This isn't a matter of opinion - there are no studies to choose which do show a causative relationship, only anecdotes where correlation is assumed to be the same as causation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yea tell that to all autistic children.
Tell me what? Vaccinations did not cause me to be autistic.
You are also assuming that everyone with autism sees it as being a problem. With forms of high-functioning autism, such as Asperger's, many of us do not see it as a problem of its own, and we don't want to be neurotypical.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It doesn't mean they don't work just because its not tested by the big money makers, after all they can't make big dollars from herbs or anything that they cannot own the rights for.
So you'd rather go with "herbal remedies" that are untested? Seriously?

They can't make big money from herbs? Last time I looked the "alternative medicine industry" generates tens of billions of dollars. There goes that theory.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes I know that there are some fish that have a high level of mercury, and that most fish have very low levels of mercury, I myself will very rarely eat fish because I am a vegetarian, the thing is because we know there is mercury in fish we don't eat a lot of it or if any, again we have to make our own minds up, and when you think of it, maybe little children shouldn't eat fish, at least until their immune system is fully developed, we have to take our life into our own hands and not just let someone else decide for us.
What fish are you eating that doesn't contain mercury?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Now your nit picking, were talking about very young children here being forced by the Nazi establishment, children who are too young to make their own minds up, Oh no, I'm using the emotional tactic myself lol.
Children who are too young to make their minds up are being driven around in dangerous automobiles every single day. 1.24 Million people die worldwide in traffic accidents every year.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Children who are too young to make their minds up are being driven around in dangerous automobiles every single day. 1.24 Million people die worldwide in traffic accidents every year.
isn't it interesting that we are required to make sure kids ae buckled in or face a ticket.... UNLESS you drive a school bus?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Please don't lie: you have done no checking whatsoever to do with the studies which show no harm caused by vaccines, all you have done is assert fraud by the authors.

The "dangers" of vaccines are infinitesimally small compared ot the dangers of not having the vaccines - your coming up with one, or even a thousand actual stories of harm would still pale into insignificance beside the many millions of people who have been harmed by the diseases that vaccines protect against. The polio vaccines is an excellent case in point: without the vaccine, millions caught the disease, many thousands died and hundreds of thousands were left permanently disfigured. The polio vaccine is probably the most dangerous vaccine because of a one-in-less-than-a-million chance that the vaccine contains a live virus: according to wiki, there were 60 cases of vaccine-derived polio infection, three quarters of which were in Pakistan because they have the lowest vaccination rates & it probably only took one live vaccine to infect the rest.

But even with the polio vaccine, the risk benefit balance is evident: before vaccination, it was a global killer, affecting hundreds of thousands every year. Now it's less than 1% of that.

But autism is categorically not caused by vaccination. The amount of time and money wasted doing study after study because blinkered idiots refuse to accept cast-iron solid data is ridiculous. This isn't a matter of opinion - there are no studies to choose which do show a causative relationship, only anecdotes where correlation is assumed to be the same as causation.
Well if you believe all that crap that's up to you, that's just how they want you to think, so yea, your doing a good job for them, keep it up.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Tell me what? Vaccinations did not cause me to be autistic.
You are also assuming that everyone with autism sees it as being a problem. With forms of high-functioning autism, such as Asperger's, many of us do not see it as a problem of its own, and we don't want to be neurotypical.
Denial.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So you'd rather go with "herbal remedies" that are untested? Seriously?

They can't make big money from herbs? Last time I looked the "alternative medicine industry" generates tens of billions of dollars. There goes that theory.
Your the one with the theories, I'm the one with the facts.