• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccination and Religious Beliefs

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Do your research, its everywhere.
No, you do your research when you make all these claims. I can't find any apology from the CDC about the flu vaccine. Anyone can say they made a claim, I want to actually see it. Don't you?

Maybe ask yourself why NaturalNews.com didn't provide any links to this supposed apology.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Please link us to more websites that have no sources for their claims. :rolleyes:

Where do I find this "apology" from the CDC where they "openly admitted this year's flu shot probably doesn't work?"
Interesting that the author of the alternative medicine site cites his own site as a source...

Ironic the author has the gull to call any one else a quack.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I notice you have STILL not shown where the CDC has made any such statement.

I understand you stop looking as soon as you find what you want, but some people have their standards set much higher.
The problem is that your standards are so high you cannot see the truth, hello up there lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Now Miss Lisa Simpson, you know what I mean.
No, I don't. You keep saying "tell that to parents of autistic children," but I myself am autistic.
You are the one who is approaching autism as if it is an inherent problem, even though many autistic people don't want it any other way. Actually, those with Asperger's are known for having many desirable characteristics, being more fair, and having a very strong sense of right and wrong. You use autism like it is automatically a bad thing. Those with low-functioning autism may have it a lot harder than those with high-functioning, but with many cases, provided early intervention happens and there is help and support, even those with low-functioning autism can work towards being high-functioning.
And you still haven't addressed the fact doctors can typically diagnose autism before a child is old enough for the vaccines. Myself, I displayed several symptoms before I was old enough, such as hand-flapping and difficulties in motor-development.

The problem is that your standards are so high you cannot see the truth, hello up there lol.
If the CDC has made this apology, then why can you not provide us with an official statement from the CDC? It's not having standards that are too high, it's expecting to hear it straight from the source.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No, I don't. You keep saying "tell that to parents of autistic children," but I myself am autistic.
You are the one who is approaching autism as if it is an inherent problem, even though many autistic people don't want it any other way. Actually, those with Asperger's are known for having many desirable characteristics, being more fair, and having a very strong sense of right and wrong. You use autism like it is automatically a bad thing. Those with low-functioning autism may have it a lot harder than those with high-functioning, but with many cases, provided early intervention happens and there is help and support, even those with low-functioning autism can work towards being high-functioning.
And you still haven't addressed the fact doctors can typically diagnose autism before a child is old enough for the vaccines. Myself, I displayed several symptoms before I was old enough, such as hand-flapping and difficulties in motor-development.

If the CDC has made this apology, then why can you not provide us with an official statement from the CDC? It's not having standards that are too high, it's expecting to hear it straight from the source.
Just because you are autistic, doesn't mean you know all about it, I'm schizophrenic and I know I don't know everything about it,na, that wont work with me, Lisa.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
Na, your just being silly now, your trying an emotion tactic, (sexual abuse of children), your on your own there, I wont play your game.

I could have used anything in my example. I could have used belief in God, Dharma, Karma, Santa Clause, extraterrestrial life, what the future holds for mankind, possibility of faster than light travel. The point is, that belief in a certain thing does not make that certain thing a certainty. The point is, believing a given thing in spite of objective evidence to the contrary is sad.

A thousand likes for this!

Thank you.

and of course yours is right.

Not necessarily. His is cooberated by meeting the burden of reasonable evidence. Yours is not. Any skeptical mind would therefore find his claim to be more plausible than your claim.

It doesn't mean they don't work just because its not tested by the big money makers, after all they can't make big dollars from herbs or anything that they cannot own the rights for.

Except, as has been pointed out, there is a lot of money to be made in holistic remedies.

Well in many parts of the world the water can be dangerous, such as the sodium fluoride, its up to each one of us to make sure we drink clean water without these additives.

It's incredible that you are more concerned about an additive, such as sodium fluoride in our water rather than common contaminates, such as heavy metals.

Your the one with the theories, I'm the one with the facts.

This is a cute statement as it is so blatantly false.

(NaturalNews) You gotta love it when arrogant science devotees defiantly claim they alone have a monopoly on the "settled facts" of our reality. Throughout much of the 20th century, it turns out, these same sort of arrogant scientists claimed smoking was awesome for your health, too.

"More doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette" was the headline of a full-page ad carried by the Journal of the American Medical Association. Doctors were paid by Big Tobacco to tout the amazing health benefits of smoking cigarettes, and any doctor who dared point out that smoking might be linked to cancer was subjected to the same industry blackballing, scientific censorship and verbal abuse that's leveled today against honest researchers questioning the safety of GMOs or mercury in vaccines.

Learn more: Infographic: Vaccine industry science lies are nothing more than recycled Big Tobacco science lies - NaturalNews.com

Please link us to more websites that have no sources for their claims. :rolleyes:

Where do I find this "apology" from the CDC where they "openly admitted this year's flu shot probably doesn't work?"

But it was doctors, including the Surgeon General and the National Academy of Sciences who comdemned smoking. Taking a few doctors who promoted smoking and pretending that it reflects the whole is silly.

To be sure, the flue vaccine has been controversial since its inception. It is a new vaccine where its benefits and risks, to my knowledge, have yet to be clearly established. But let's not pretend that the findings of one vaccine reflects the effectiveness or dangers of all vaccines. That is like saying that if it is shown that cow's milk is detrimental to human health (and there are movements out there to that effect), then all milk, including human breast milk, is detrimental to human health. The logic does not follow.

Do your research, its everywhere.

Just because it is "everywhere" doesn't make it true. Before a given thing can be called good evidence, it must pass scrutiny. Your "evidence" does not.

And make no mistake - the Pro-Vaxxer movement is a fundamentalist movement. What else could you call a position founded entirely on a base of emotional decrees, false science and logical fallacies? Pro-Vaxxers are as much in the grip of religious hysteria as any given Pro-Lifer. The big difference here is that the "Pro-Vaxxers" are not some fringe group of religious fundamentalists. They come from all walks of life, all casts, racial groups and religions. They don't gather on Sundays in a church and listen to sermons designed to bolster their group identification and demonize the non-believers.

Yes, and that is a terrifying thought.

Just because we have seen few, if any cases of whooping cough and diptheria does not mean that these viruses have ceased to exist in our ecosystem. Vaccines protect us from these diseases by giving our immune system a controlled amount of that disease so that our biology "learns" to protect us from them. Without vaccination programs, an individual would be subjected to uncontrolled amounts of that virus, and fall prey to its effect; which could well start a pandemic. But, be sure, that should such a pandemic threaten, those who were vaccinated would stand the greater chance of survival.

It is true that the standard of evidence is a high standard. But it is high for a reason.

Just because you are autistic, doesn't mean you know all about it, I'm schizophrenic and I know I don't know everything about it,na, that wont work with me, Lisa.

What arrogance to assume that you know more about the condition another bears than they know themselves. That's tantamount to me pretending to be an authority on schizophrenia.

Shadow Wolf

First, my name isn't Lisa. Just because I use the Lisa Borg Queen doesn't mean I go by Lisa. You may call me SW, Shadow Wolf, Shadow, or just Wolf. How would you like it I refereed to you as "Crazy Bug-Eyed Dude" since that is what your avatar is?
Second, I never claimed to know all about autism. I can, and did, provide certain insights, such as you shouldn't be surprised when someone appreciates having autism. But I never claimed to know all about it.
I do know, however, doctors are more able to identify and diagnose it before a child is old enough for the vaccines.
But, when I can find the link again (I do have this printed on paper so I'll have it posted by tomorrow), there is a list of positive characteristic traits that are generally displayed by those with Asperger's Syndrome. Again, you need to be able to demonstrate it's even a problem to begin with.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What truth?
Surely you do not think you have presented any?
A real legend in your own mind are you?

So, were you able to find where the CDC apologized?
I mean, it should be really easy for you seeing as they are, how did you say, "it's everywhere"...

Do you still think clever remarks will hide the fact you have not supported the "CDC apologizes" claim?

Shadow Wolf

What arrogance to assume that you know more about the condition another bears than they know themselves. That's tantamount to me pretending to be an authority on schizophrenia.
Out of all the stuff I have read on Asperger's, none have mentioned vaccines. Not a single source. While I have read some wild ideas as to why their is such a high comorbidity between Asperger's and Gender Dysphoria, that do contradict what science has been able to show about the potential causes of gender dysphoria, there is no mention of vaccines.
Actually, if anything has hurt me, it was my mom insisting I don't need help. The vaccines themselves did not do any harm.

InChrist

Free4ever
There really is an incredible amount of corruption and cover-up with regard to the safety of vaccines by the manufacturers and a huge conflict if interest between the CDC and pharmaceutical companies. Read the in depth research into this subject done by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. by following the link below to his website.

"Public health may not be the sole driver of CDC decisions to mandate new vaccines. Four scathing federal studies, including two by Congress, one by the US Senate, and one by the HHS Inspector General, paint CDC as a cesspool of corruption, mismanagement, and dysfunction with alarming conflicts of interest suborning its research, regulatory, and policymaking functions. CDC rules allow vaccine industry profiteers like Dr. Offit to serve on advisory boards that add new vaccines to the schedule. In a typical example, Offit in 1999 sat on the CDC’s vaccine advisory committee and voted to add the rotavirus vaccine to CDC’s schedule, paving the way for him to make a fortune on his own rotavirus vaccine. Offit and his business partners sold the royalties to his rotavirus vaccine patent to Merck in 2006 for $182 million. Offit told Newsweek, “It was like winning the lottery!” A 2009 HHS Inspector General’s report found that the CDC certified financial disclosure forms with at least one omission for 97% of committee members—and most forms had more than one type of omission. The same report stated that as many as 64% of committee members had potential conflicts of interest that CDC did not identify or resolve before certifying their forms. In addition to lucrative business partnerships with Merck, Offit holds a $1.5 million research chair, funded by Merck, at Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia. From this industry sinecure, he broadcasts vaccine industry propaganda and annually publishes books urging unlimited vaccinations and vilifying safe-vaccine advocates.

The corruption has also poisoned CDC’s immunization safety office, the research arm that tests vaccines for safety and efficacy. In August 2014, seventeen-year CDC veteran, Dr. William Thompson, who is author of the principal study cited by CDC to exculpate mercury- preserved vaccines from the autism link, invoked whistleblower protection, and turned extensive agency files over to Congress. Thompson, who is still employed at CDC, says that for the past decade his superiors have pressured him and his fellow scientists to lie and manipulate data about the safety of the mercury-based preservative thimerosal to conceal its causative link to a suite of brain injuries, including autism."
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I could have used anything in my example. I could have used belief in God, Dharma, Karma, Santa Clause, extraterrestrial life, what the future holds for mankind, possibility of faster than light travel. The point is, that belief in a certain thing does not make that certain thing a certainty. The point is, believing a given thing in spite of objective evidence to the contrary is sad.

Thank you.

Not necessarily. His is cooberated by meeting the burden of reasonable evidence. Yours is not. Any skeptical mind would therefore find his claim to be more plausible than your claim.

Except, as has been pointed out, there is a lot of money to be made in holistic remedies.

It's incredible that you are more concerned about an additive, such as sodium fluoride in our water rather than common contaminates, such as heavy metals.

This is a cute statement as it is so blatantly false.

But it was doctors, including the Surgeon General and the National Academy of Sciences who comdemned smoking. Taking a few doctors who promoted smoking and pretending that it reflects the whole is silly.

To be sure, the flue vaccine has been controversial since its inception. It is a new vaccine where its benefits and risks, to my knowledge, have yet to be clearly established. But let's not pretend that the findings of one vaccine reflects the effectiveness or dangers of all vaccines. That is like saying that if it is shown that cow's milk is detrimental to human health (and there are movements out there to that effect), then all milk, including human breast milk, is detrimental to human health. The logic does not follow.

Just because it is "everywhere" doesn't make it true. Before a given thing can be called good evidence, it must pass scrutiny. Your "evidence" does not.

Yes, and that is a terrifying thought.

Just because we have seen few, if any cases of whooping cough and diptheria does not mean that these viruses have ceased to exist in our ecosystem. Vaccines protect us from these diseases by giving our immune system a controlled amount of that disease so that our biology "learns" to protect us from them. Without vaccination programs, an individual would be subjected to uncontrolled amounts of that virus, and fall prey to its effect; which could well start a pandemic. But, be sure, that should such a pandemic threaten, those who were vaccinated would stand the greater chance of survival.

It is true that the standard of evidence is a high standard. But it is high for a reason.

You are wrong and I feel that you know that, its just your pride that keeps you in the darkness.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What truth?
Surely you do not think you have presented any?
A real legend in your own mind are you?

So, were you able to find where the CDC apologized?
I mean, it should be really easy for you seeing as they are, how did you say, "it's everywhere"...

Do you still think clever remarks will hide the fact you have not supported the "CDC apologizes" claim?
I don't know, your the one who knows everything.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
First, my name isn't Lisa. Just because I use the Lisa Borg Queen doesn't mean I go by Lisa. You may call me SW, Shadow Wolf, Shadow, or just Wolf. How would you like it I refereed to you as "Crazy Bug-Eyed Dude" since that is what your avatar is?
Second, I never claimed to know all about autism. I can, and did, provide certain insights, such as you shouldn't be surprised when someone appreciates having autism. But I never claimed to know all about it.
I do know, however, doctors are more able to identify and diagnose it before a child is old enough for the vaccines.
But, when I can find the link again (I do have this printed on paper so I'll have it posted by tomorrow), there is a list of positive characteristic traits that are generally displayed by those with Asperger's Syndrome. Again, you need to be able to demonstrate it's even a problem to begin with.
Yes your right, you don't know nothing.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/psychoslice/the-truth-will-set-you-free-but-first-it-will-****-you-off-2_zps5hehmbgi.jpg

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Well if you believe all that crap that's up to you, that's just how they want you to think, so yea, your doing a good job for them, keep it up.
No answer or explanation, then. So how else would you explain the numbers?

Are you pretending to yourself that there weren't millions of cases of polio before the vaccine?

Or are you pretending to yourself that nowadays the numbers of polio cases are still in the millions, but are being covered up?

Or are you following the same utterly stupid lie that says it's all to do with cleanliness and lifestyle, ignoring that there are plenty of unclean yet vaccinated areas that have no polio; and it's pure coincidence that polio is only endemic where vaccination doesn't happen?

It must be a very strange place in your mind: ignoring everything that's going on in the world, just so that you can maintain that "I'm right and everyone who thinks they know anything about the subject is wrong". viewpoint.

Shadow Wolf

Yes your right, you don't know nothing.
I don't normally nit-pick at grammar, but since you are putting yourself on such a high horse, it would help to know the basics of grammar before telling someone they don't know anything, because, according to this last statement, I do in fact know things.

There really is an incredible amount of corruption and cover-up with regard to the safety of vaccines by the manufacturers and a huge conflict if interest between the CDC and pharmaceutical companies. Read the in depth research into this subject done by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. by following the link below to his website.
I can start citing Art Bell. It wouldn't make me correct or make my source correct.
Now, can anyone post just one single credible source that supports the hypothesis that vaccines cause autism?
Can anyone post, from an official source, this apology that was issued by the CDC? If they really did, I don't think it should be too hard to find.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't know, your the one who knows everything.
Funny, if I knew everything like you claim, I would know where to find this apology you claim exists but cannot produce despite it "being everywhere".

Still thinking your diversions hide your incompetence?