• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

Blastcat

I shall have wine

and you shall have the empty cup when I'm done

Some people turn to drink when they have lost.
my God doesn't have a problem.
psssst!.....( that's part of what makes Him.....God)

If you think that not being able to falsify a hypothesis makes it more likely true, you are wrong.

If you can't allow that anything can disconfirm your belief, this is evidence of a closed mind, not that your belief is in any way real.

:)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some people turn to drink when they have lost.

If you think that not being able to falsify a hypothesis makes it more likely true, you are wrong.

If you can't allow that anything can disconfirm your belief, this is evidence of a closed mind, not that your belief is in any way real.

you cannot 'falsify' my belief

Blastcat

you cannot 'falsify' my belief

For once, I find myself in perfect agreement with you. I most certainly cannot "falsify" your belief. Maybe I could if I had a mind reading machine...
The only thing that we CAN falsify are truth claims that we can verify with facts.

For that, we would have to look at the facts, not a person's belief about them. What you offer us in here is your belief about the facts, but the facts that you present are most often just wrong or completely made up. You might be able to convince yourself that way, and I would say that you have, but you shouldn't expect to convince anyone else.

Your beliefs about facts, one way or the other just aren't facts.

The real PROBLEM here is your willful intransigence. Confirmation bias like that is NOT good thinking.
Sorry.

gnostic

The Lost One
But I suppose other kinds of anthropormophisms are.
I don't think of God as 'Human'....
Ok, fair enough, but do you ascribe to it any human characteristics?
thought and feeling

Sure.

1. Create humans with his image - pettiness, vanity.
  2. Punishing Adam and Eve for disobedience, even though he plant the tree there - illogical, stupidity, wrath.
  3. Demanding Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac, as test of faith - more pettiness.
  4. Ten Commandments: "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God...", more pettiness, jealousy.
  5. Ten Commandments, same verse: "...punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me" - wrathful, hold grudges.
  6. Abel, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David - like to play favourite-tism.
  7. Demanding genocide of the Amakelites, from Saul - again, hold grudges, more pettiness, murderous.
  8. Accepting Satan's wagers, and test Job - egotistic jerk, arrogance, pettiness.
  9. JOB 38 - 41 - ranting and sprouting all sort of superstitions and ignorance.