• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
This is a typo: your instead of you're.

This is not: the book was correct in naming 11 planets in which science JUST figured out and then changing it to: the book named 11 planets based on a dream.

You can't have a debate with someone who stumbles and edits comments much less someone who contradicts themself. Have a good rest of the day/night! :)
Haha. The fact that you are about to leave shows the exposure you are being given. Just because i typed something wrong does not mean anything, you clearly know what i was implying as i fixed it. Humans make mistakes. However, you still have not answered me when i said you made the false claim saying Qur'an has 7 planets. You refuse to answer because of the fact that you got exposed. Before making claims, especially false ones, research first because your knowledge in religion, specifically on scriptures is very limited. I never contradicted myself, i have proved you wrong in every aspect and you have no argument.

Jabar

I clearly said there were multiple mentions of 7 heavens, 11 planets, etc. You either cannot read or you ignored it. And....

This is a typo: your instead of you're.

This is not: the book was correct in naming 11 planets in which science JUST figured out and then changing it to: the book named 11 planets based on a dream.

You can't have a debate with someone who stumbles and edits comments much less someone who contradicts themself. Have a good rest of the day/night! :)
Haha, so now i edit my comments? You yourself just did. Of course i am not showing arrogance like you so i do not find that to be relevant. Anyhow, the Qur'an never mentions 7 planets. So, you are not proving anything.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Haha. The fact that you are about to leave shows the exposure you are being given. Just because i typed something wrong does not mean anything, you clearly know what i was implying as i fixed it. Humans make mistakes. However, you still have not answered me when i said you made the false claim saying Qur'an has 7 planets. You refuse to answer because of the fact that you got exposed. Before making claims, especially false ones, research first because your knowledge in religion, specifically on scriptures is very limited. I never contradicted myself, i have proved you wrong in every aspect and you have no argument.

No - I am leaving because you changed your comment to non-contradictory (and its entire meaning) after I pointed out that you were contradicting yourself when you started to stumble. And again, that is NOT a typo. Should I provide the definition of typo before I leave?

Finally, for the third time - I said 7 heavens which is commonly referred to as planets or universes (both of which are wrong) and 11 planets (also wrong) although you said it was correct but later said it wasn't and was according to a dream. Weird that such an accurate holy text would still share incorrect information, isn't it?

No one that reads any of this will say you are right. They will just say that you get out in a corner and try to edit comments to fit your next attempt at an argument. Now, let's see what your pathetic attempt of a response is to that. I'll read it but won't answer. Hell, I may even go edit my comments and make it look like I've been agreeing with you this whole time and I'll just call it a typo ;)

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Haha, so now i edit my comments? You yourself just did. Of course i am not showing arrogance like you so i do not find that to be relevant. Anyhow, the Qur'an never mentions 7 planets. So, you are not proving anything.
I edited my comment to correct spelling on my iPhone (a true typo) not to save my *** because I got put in a corner during a debate (which I exposed you of via my screenshot). Nice try though! :)

Jabar

I edited my comment to correct spelling on my iPhone (a true typo) not to save my *** because I got put in a corner during a debate (which I exposed you of via my screenshot). Nice try though! :)
Nice try? I explained it is not relevant. You should just stop. Making a mistake on a comment and fixing it to what i meant does not prove anything once again. To see what the heavens are used in the Qur'an, you have to look at the context. Specifically, i think you are talking about

It is Allah who has created seven heavens and of the earth, the like of them. [His] command descends among them so you may know that Allah is over all things competent and that Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge.

Before the verses speak about hell and punishment and the gardens which is paradise. Allah is obviously referring to the heavens, there are 7 divisions of heavens. So, look at the context of it and it is easy to find that it is talking about heaven.

The Qur'an gives no error at all, it is the humans that make the error.

Parsimony

Why are you stating these claims?
Well, Muslims weren't talking about black holes a thousand years ago were they? Why not? If the Quran is so obviously making reference to them, then there should be evidence that these ancient Muslims knew about black holes.
Check my other evidences.
The thing about the Earth being egg-shaped has been addressed by others. The Earth being round was known before the Quran was written. Heavenly objects travelling along paths through the sky has been observable for all time.
Anyhow, i think it does portray the Rosetta Nebula. It looks just like a rose as described by scientists.
The Quran says "rose red", not "red rose". One is a color and the other is a plant. To say that they both mean the same thing is the equivocation fallacy.

Jabar

Well, Muslims weren't talking about black holes a thousand years ago were they? Why not? If the Quran is so obviously making reference to them, then there should be evidence that these ancient Muslims knew about black holes.

The thing about the Earth being egg-shaped has been addressed by others. The Earth being round was known before the Quran was written. Heavenly objects travelling along paths through the sky has been observable for all time.

The Quran says "rose red", not "red rose". One is a color and the other is a plant. To say that they both mean the same thing is the equivocation fallacy.
What about the universe is expanding? Look you are just denying the fact that it has scientific evidences.

Raahim

مكتوب
Isn't the Big bang theory which is quite accepted in science proof of creationism? Or is "out of nothing became everything" more logical?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
1) The BBT is not "quite" accepted in science, it's just in the running.
2) Even if it were it would not be proof of creationism.
3) The BBT does not suggest nothing became everything.
4) None of cosmology seems quite logical.
5) The introduction of a creator/god only complicates the not quite logical into the absurd.

Jabar

Sorry, that is not possible and is not happening. Why do you keep making it up as you go?
Making it up? The Big Bang theory led to the expansion of the universe at that accelerated rate. Now today it is expanding at a rate of 74.3 plus or minus 2.1 kilometers per second per megaparsec. (which is roughly 3 million light-years) according to science.

Parsimony

What about the universe is expanding? Look you are just denying the fact that it has scientific evidences.
Expansion has more than one meaning. A country expanding its borders or collector expanding his/her collection isn't the same thing as a balloon expanding, for example. In a balloon, expansion refers to the different parts becoming more distant from one another. This is not the case with an expanding city or expanding collection (the distance between landmarks or collectible objects isn't expanding, but rather more land and objects are being added to already existing land and objects). The Quran could just as easily be making reference to that definition as any other (that is, the idea of God continually making new objects in the universe). If the Quran was really making reference to the Universe expanding like a balloon, were Muslims a thousand years ago proposing that such a thing was happening? It would be interesting to see if such was the case.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Making it up? The Big Bang theory led to the expansion of the universe at that accelerated rate. Now today it is expanding at a rate of 74.3 plus or minus 2.1 kilometers per second per megaparsec. (which is roughly 3 million light-years) according to science.
Expansion is the speed at which things depart the region of the singularity, not the same (possibly half) the speed at which they travel away from each other.

Jabar

Expansion has more than one meaning. A country expanding its borders or collector expanding his/her collection isn't the same thing as a balloon expanding, for example. In a balloon, expansion refers to the different parts becoming more distant from one another. This is not the case with an expanding city or expanding collection (the distance between landmarks or collectible objects isn't expanding, but rather more land and objects are being added to already existing land and objects). The Quran could just as easily be making reference to that definition as any other (that is, the idea of God continually making new objects in the universe). If the Quran was really making reference to the Universe expanding like a balloon, were Muslims a thousand years ago proposing that such a thing was happening? It would be interesting to see if such was the case.
I do not really refer to it like that,because it does not specifically talk about objects. I believe it is saying universe is expanding like the size. Either way, both definitions fit into modern science.

Shad

Veteran Member
Give me one error, there is no error in the Qur'an.

An example is the Qur'an says universe is expanding. We have discovered this in modern times. Qur'an revealed 1400 years.
[Quran 51.47] And the heaven, We built it with craftsmanship and We are still expanding.

Too bad that isn't what the verse means. It says it was Allah that made it big not that Allah was expanding it now. More modern distortions to make the Quran fit science.