• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So is energy spirit?
it seems to me....Spirit is energy

science offers....energy cannot be destroyed

so.....I lean to say....
energy always was....is....and shall always be

believers tend to say the same of God
and have been doing so long before science became a discipline

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Yes but through evidence, we can prove things. Islam has things that have been approved by modern science. Bible contains many errors and i can pick them out.

And you could reverse that statement and it would be equally as true. The Bible has many things that can be proven by science to be true and the Islam faith is full of many inconsistencies and errors. That doesn't make either one of them any more plausible than the other.

And just because there is evidence for something doesn't mean we can prove it.

Give us all an example if you don't mind.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
And you could reverse that statement and it would be equally as true. The Bible has many things that can be proven by science to be true and the Islam faith is full of many inconsistencies and errors. That doesn't make either one of them any more plausible than the other.

And just because there is evidence for something doesn't mean we can prove it.

Give us all an example if you don't mind.
Give me one error, there is no error in the Qur'an.

An example is the Qur'an says universe is expanding. We have discovered this in modern times. Qur'an revealed 1400 years.
[Quran 51.47] And the heaven, We built it with craftsmanship and We are still expanding.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Give me one error, there is no error in the Qur'an.

An example is the Qur'an says universe is expanding. We have discovered this in modern times. Qur'an revealed 1400 years.
[Quran 51.47] And the heaven, We built it with craftsmanship and We are still expanding.

No errors in the Qur'an?

Sheesh! I guess the moon really does make its own light, has been split in two (and later been put back together), and we can visit the resting place of the sun in a muddy spring although it doesn't have a resting place. Ya learn something new every single day...

Jabar

No errors in the Qur'an?

Sheesh! I guess the moon really does make its own light, has been split in two (and later been put back together), and we can visit the resting place of the sun in a muddy spring although it doesn't have a resting place. Ya learn something new every single day...
Those are not errors, they are misconceptions. Common misconceptions i deal with every day. Firstly, Qur'an never says moon makes its own light, but that it is reflected light. "Blessed is He Who made Constellations the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving Light." [Quran, 25:61]

"See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, And made the moon a (reflecting) light in their midst, and made the sun as a Glorious Lamp?" [Quran, 71:15-16]

"Did you see how Allah created seven heavens, and and above the other, and made in them the moon a light and the sun a Lamp?" [Quran, 78:12-13]

The Quran distinguishes between them by the use of different terms: Light (Noor) for the Moon, and Lamp (Siraaj) for the Sun.

In Arabic word Noor mean: "[be revealed], [TO RECEIVE LIGHT], [to be lighted]"

This is clearly mean reflecting to light, because it RECEIVES LIGHT FROM SUN and it is lighted and revealed by it.

"It is He who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon be a light (of beauty)." [Quran, 10:5 from Yushuf Ali]

The moon splitting is on the hour of day of judgement that is what it says in Qur'an

The muddy spring was from the perspective of Zul-Qarnain. It looked like that in what HE saw. Allah never says that sun sets there. There are no errors in the Qur'an, they are misconceptions made by yourself.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Those are not errors, they are misconceptions. Common misconceptions i deal with every day. Firstly, Qur'an never says moon makes its own light, but that it is reflected light. "Blessed is He Who made Constellations the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving Light." [Quran, 25:61]

"See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, And made the moon a (reflecting) light in their midst, and made the sun as a Glorious Lamp?" [Quran, 71:15-16]

"Did you see how Allah created seven heavens, and and above the other, and made in them the moon a light and the sun a Lamp?" [Quran, 78:12-13]

The Quran distinguishes between them by the use of different terms: Light (Noor) for the Moon, and Lamp (Siraaj) for the Sun.

In Arabic word Noor mean: "[be revealed], [TO RECEIVE LIGHT], [to be lighted]"

This is clearly mean reflecting to light, because it RECEIVES LIGHT FROM SUN and it is lighted and revealed by it.

"It is He who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon be a light (of beauty)." [Quran, 10:5 from Yushuf Ali]

The moon splitting is on the hour of day of judgement that is what it says in Qur'an

The muddy spring was from the perspective of Zul-Qarnain. It looked like that in what HE saw. Allah never says that sun sets there. There are no errors in the Qur'an, they are misconceptions made by yourself.

Just because you conceive something differently than it actually reads and you like to play patty cake with what you take literally and what you don't - doesn't mean your text of choice is error free. Now, tell me this....

What about your beloved text claiming there are only 7 planets in the universe or is that a misconception too? Go ahead and hop on Google - I'll wait.

Jabar

Just because you conceive something differently than it actually reads and you like to play patty cake with what you take literally and what you don't - doesn't mean your text of choice is error free. Now, tell me this....

What about your beloved text claiming there are only 7 planets in the universe or is that a misconception too? Go ahead and hop on Google - I'll wait.
Firstly, that is not how i conceive something. It is what the Qur'an is telling us itself. Just people do not know how to comprehend the Qur'an. Many Muslims would answer that question easily. You say Qur'an said there are 7 planets, give me the verse brother. Stop making false claims.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Firstly, that is not how i conceive something. It is what the Qur'an is telling us itself. Just people do not know how to comprehend the Qur'an. Many Muslims would answer that question easily. You say Qur'an has 7 planets, give me the verse brother. Stop making false claims.

You've read it - you have Internet. Find it yourself - I promise it's in there.

And I dont know how to read a book? When something says the moon emits light (not reflects), I take it as the moon emits light. Ya know...kinda like if I tell you to turn off my car but later tell you by turn off I meant leave it alone....

Not very plausible is it wise guy?

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Firstly, that is not how i conceive something. It is what the Qur'an is telling us itself. Just people do not know how to comprehend the Qur'an. Many Muslims would answer that question easily. You say Qur'an said there are 7 planets, give me the verse brother. Stop making false claims.

And before you say 7 Heavens doesn't mean 7 planets, we will refer to another verse that claims there are 11 planets....

Jabar

You've read it - you have Internet. Find it yourself - I promise it's in there.

And I dont know how to read a book? When something says the moon emits light (not reflects), I take it as the moon emits light. Ya know...kinda like if I tell you to turn off my car but later tell you by turn off I meant leave it alone....

Not very plausible is it wise guy?
I am sorry to say but your very limited in knowledge. You promise it is in there? There is not one verse where Qur'an says there are 7 planets, stop making false claims once again brother. In fact, the Qur'an categorized 11 planets according to Yusuf dream.

Last edited:

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
I am sorry to say but your very limited in knowledge. You promise it is in there? There is not one verse where Qur'an says there are 7 planets, stop making false claims once again brother. In fact, the Qur'an correctly categorized 11 planets, science just caught up.
11 planets? And what planets are those 11 planets? And "your" is possessive so it sounds like *you're* the one who is very limited on knowledge my feeble friend.

Jabar

11 planets? And what planets are those 11 planets? And "your" is possessive so it sounds like *you're* the one who is very limited on knowledge my feeble friend.
You once again are not comprehending, this was in Yusuf dream. Does Qur'an say there are 11 planets, no! Read the Qur'an because you're knowledge is very limited once again.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
You once again are not comprehending, this was in Yusuf dream. Does Qur'an say there are 11 planets, no! Read the Qur'an because you're knowledge is very limited once again.
You just said that your sacred book correctly categorized 11 planets and that science had just now caught up. Now, you refute that statement? What a joke.

Jabar

You just said that your sacred book correctly categorized 11 planets and that science had just now caught up. Now, you refute that statement? What a joke.
No, i said it categorized 11 planets in YUSUF dream. Do not jump to conclusions. Besides you made a FALSE CLAIM by saying it mentioned that there are 7 planets when it never did. Good Grief.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
I am sorry to say but your very limited in knowledge. You promise it is in there? There is not one verse where Qur'an says there are 7 planets, stop making false claims once again brother. In fact, the Qur'an categorized 11 planets according to Yusuf dream.
See - you said THE QUR'AN correctly categorized 11 planets according to a dream. So, that makes the Qur'an an unreliable source as it feeds information to the masses based on a dream? And it makes you an equally unreliable source because YOU just said it was correct but change your statement and get defensive when I ask you to name those 11 planets that YOU said were correct.....

Jabar

See - you said THE QUR'AN correctly categorized 11 planets according to a dream. So, that makes the Qur'an an unreliable source as it feeds information to the masses based on a dream? And it makes you an equally unreliable source because YOU just said it was correct but change your statement and get defensive when I ask you to name those 11 planets that YOU said were correct.....
It was telling a story, it is not a unreliable source. Joseph had a dream about seeing 11 stars and the sun and moon prostrating to him, he told this to his father. The father responded saying do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive a plan against you. I had a typo and changed the statement? This does not prove anything in turn. You made a FALSE CLAIM and i proved it wrong. Qur'an has no errors, this was a story of Yusuf. You are not proving anything because you stated a false claim and i proved you wrong. You have a very limited intellect in terms of religion.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
And you went back and edited your comment so it no longer says correctly. Good thing I saved it, huh? I will never take any argument that you make serious again. Stumble - that's all you do
It was telling a story, it is not a unreliable source. Joseph had a dream about seeing 11 stars and the sun and moon prostrating to him, he told this to his father. The father responded saying do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive a plan against you. I had a typo and changed the statement? This does not prove anything in turn. You made a FALSE CLAIM and i proved it wrong. Qur'an has no errors, this was a story of Yusuf. You are not proving anything because you stated a false claim and i proved you wrong. You are very limited in knowledge in terms of religion.
image.png

And you made a false claim by saying the book was correct in publishing that there were 11 planets and THEN said that science caught up which further proves you believe it to be true. And the fact that you went back and edited your comment to remove "correctly" and THEN add mention of a dream which is clearly shown in the above image - eliminates the little bit of credibility you may have had. You lose, pal.

Jabar

And you went back and edited your comment so it no longer says correctly. Good thing I saved it, huh? I will never take any argument that you make serious again. Stumble - that's all you do

image.png

And you made a false claim by saying the book was correct in publishing that there were 11 planets and THEN said that science caught up which further proves you believe it to be true. And the fact that you went back and edited your comment to remove "correctly" which is clearly shown in the above image - eliminates the little bit of credibility you may have had. You lose, pal.
Haha, do you know what a typo is? It does not matter what i had before. I still proved you wrong, you made a false claim saying that Qur'an mentions 7 planets but then never talk on that due to the exposure you were given. You are not proving anything. I just showed you that this is in Yusuf dream.

I think you yourself is losing. I am proving you wrong when you pick all these so called ''errors'' and you have nothing else to say but state your offensive beliefs.

Last edited:

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Haha, do you know what a typo is? It does not matter what i had before. I still proved you wrong, you made a false claim saying that Qur'an mentions 7 planets but then never talk on that due to the exposure you were given. You are not proving anything. I just showed you that this is in Yusuf dream.

I think you yourself is losing. I am proving you wrong when you pick all these so called ''errors'' and you have nothing else to say but state your offensive beliefs.

I clearly said there were multiple mentions of 7 heavens, 11 planets, etc. You either cannot read or you ignored it. And....

This is a typo: your instead of you're.

This is not: the book was correct in naming 11 planets in which science JUST figured out and then changing it to: the book named 11 planets based on a dream.

You can't have a debate with someone who stumbles and edits comments much less someone who contradicts themself. Have a good rest of the day/night! :)