• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waltz family members are supporting Trump.

Pogo

And Trump is not in jail. Don't forget that.
So if Marchan puts him in jail for the 34 felonies that he has duly been convicted of waiting only for the actual sentencing, that will suddenly change your understanding of who he is?

How about he shot your mother on national TV on 5th Ave. as he claimed he could, would you wait till he was actually in jail till you considered him responsible? Just how far are you willing to go in supporting him?

Pogo

And Trump is not in jail. Don't forget that.
So if Marchan puts him in jail for the 34 felonies that he has duly been convicted of waiting only for the actual sentencing, that will suddenly change your understanding of who he is?

How about he shot your mother on national TV on 5th Ave. as he claimed he could, would you wait till he was actually in jail till you considered him responsible? Just how far are you willing to go in supporting him?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What that means is that you don’t use reputable media.

I am an advocate for reproductive freedom for women . I want voting to be easier for all citizens. I want representative districts of every state to be drawn by AI that is instructed to be fair. I want the president to be decided by popular vote. I want the wealthy to pay more in taxes mainly by eliminating loopholes. I want there to be universal healthcare with prestige access for the rich. I want critical thinking skills taught in all schools as a requirement. I want higher science standards for public schools. I want a national sport and fitness program for all kids, mostly for the poor.

I can go on. I don’t have a label to define myself.
That’s sounds anti-Constitution - Popular vote means that if enough people want slavery, you got it!

That being said, I love critical thinking position and higher science

Pogo

Trump has an economics degree and your clairvoyance into what people are thinking is quite impressive, and maybe you should go on George Noory and demonstrate your obviously spectacular gift of clairvoyance to the world.
A bachelors degree which is barely the entry level to becoming an economist and at that he has demonstrated his education by declaring bankruptcy 6 times not counting the businesses that were closed for fraud. As to his latest venture, it has lost 75% of its value since he brought into existence and has revenues of about 3.5 million per year versus expenditures of about 40 million.

Even you should be able to realize that after 2 years only taking in 10% of what you pay out with declining sales is not a good business proposition.

Oh, he sells gold painted sneakers on the side to people who buy them hoping some sucker will come along later and buy them for more than they paid Donald. I saw a pair of size 11's on sale for $7000 dollars. This money doesn't even go to Trump, it goes to the speculator who found a Trump believing sucker.

Have you ever been warned against scams? well go find the paperwork that explains the warning signs,

Pogo

That’s sounds anti-Constitution - Popular vote means that if enough people want slavery, you got it!

Which is why we have a constitution and a government of laws, but yes that is democracy and it is also possible in a republic, it has absolutely nothing to do with Marxism, We only don't have slavery because there was a popular vote against it seconded by the Republican consent of the government. IE the states agreed by popular vote and the Congress agreed by 2/3 majority to amend the constitution.

You really need to go back and get a basic civics, US government, education. This was all taught in junior and senior high school to public school kids.

Oh, I just realized this all happened while Marx was alive, maybe he is the reason we don't have slavery?
Should we bring it back because he was against it?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

You really need to go back and get a basic civics, US government, education. This was all taught in junior and senior high school to public school kids.

Oh, I just realized this all happened while Marx was alive, maybe he is the reason we don't have slavery?
You're the one who actually needs Civic classes. Why don't you go take a look, educate yourself, and find the fact that slavery still exists in this country.

Twilight Hue

This says a lot about Waltz.

And this says a lot about the direction of the Party in general:

I believe that The Republican party will be the new Democratic Party.
Well the Republicans do act a little bit more like blue dogs and the Democrats obviously are going toward the Marxist communist end of the spectrum at full steam. I suppose you could call the Democrats the new Reds with the addition of the hammer and sickle.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You're the one who actually needs Civic classes. Why don't you go take a look, educate yourself, and find the fact that slavery still exists in this country.
Oh, please! @Pogo meant -- as any rational person could see -- that there is no longer LEGAL slavery. And that is an immense contrast to the country's past, when you did have exactly that.

The slavery that exists now is illegal, wrong, against the law -- do you get that? So are lots of other things -- hell, school shootings exist in your country (sorry, not "exist" but "abound"), but I'm sure you are aware that they are against the law.

It's a little quirk of human social existence that being "against the law" does not mean "doesn't exist." Sometimes, the best that can be done is to punish them, when they are found out.

Twilight Hue

Oh, please! @Pogo meant -- as any rational person could see -- that there is no longer LEGAL slavery. And that is an immense contrast to the country's past, when you did have exactly that.

The slavery that exists now is illegal, wrong, against the law -- do you get that? So are lots of other things -- hell, school shootings exist in your country (sorry, not "exist" but "abound"), but I'm sure you are aware that they are against the law.

It's a little quirk of human social existence that being "against the law" does not mean "doesn't exist." Sometimes, the best that can be done is to punish them, when they are found out.
I doubt being from Canada, you're not even aware that slavery is still legal in this country.

I would suggest correcting that clear ignorance of yours and I'll even help you.

It's called the exception clause in the 13th Amendment. I would suggest reading it and educating yourself on the matter.

Your welcome.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I doubt being from Canada, you're not even aware that slavery is still legal in this country.

I would suggest correcting that clear ignorance of yours and I'll even help you.

It's called the exception clause in the 13th Amendment. I would suggest reading it and educating yourself on the matter.

Your welcome.
Oh, thank you, great Sage!

I had forgotten that Americans are free to move about their nation as they wish -- except when they are incarcerated after having been duly convicted of a felony! Then they lose that privilege.

(As to that, let's not forget that Republicans all over the nation are trying to apply that same impairment to Americans who happen to be female and fertile or potentially pregnant -- also a great crime.}

Yes, the 13th Amendment permits exacting labor from people who have been incarcerated after having been duly convicted of a crime. Got any more words of wisdom for which I must thank you?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Trump's family member goes against him. To the left that's a big deal.
And it's the right that's a "so what".
Walz's family member goes against him. To the left that's a so what.
And to the right that's a big deal.
Some republicans support Harris. To the left that's a big deal.
And to the right that's a "so what".
Some democrats support Trump. To the left that's a so what.
And to the right that's a big deal.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Which is why we have a constitution and a government of laws, but yes that is democracy and it is also possible in a republic, it has absolutely nothing to do with Marxism, We only don't have slavery because there was a popular vote against it seconded by the Republican consent of the government. IE the states agreed by popular vote and the Congress agreed by 2/3 majority to amend the constitution.

Get back to me when you have something worth addressing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Democrats obviously are going toward the Marxist communist end of the spectrum at full steam.
conpanic.jpg

F1fan

Veteran Member
That’s sounds anti-Constitution -
The constitution can be changed. Didn't you take a civics class?

And still no retraction of your assertion that a popular vote is Marxist? Do you still believe that?
Popular vote means that if enough people want slavery, you got it!
Sorry, no. There are civil rights. You Christian conservatives might want slavery back, but ALL humans have rights, including migrants. Interesting you bring up wanting slavery as it is condoned by your God. DDo you oppose slavery even though your God condones it? Or do you think slavery is OK?
When? Do you accept evolution? Climate change being contributed by human behavior?

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.

I think someone should assemble a chart--could be any kind: pie, bar, matrix, whatever--and four names at the top: Trump, Vance, Harris, Walz. Then collect data on which have relatives who oppose or plan to vote against them weighted by how distantly related they are. We could start building the chart with the material in the OP, but we certainly have some Trump family members--e.g. his niece, Mary L Trump, and nephew, Fred Trump III. I don't know about Vance's or Harris's family, but I can see that this kind of thing is all very important to people. So it would help to have some way to keep score. :rolleyes:

Pogo

I think someone should assemble a chart--could be any kind: pie, bar, matrix, whatever--and four names at the top: Trump, Vance, Harris, Walz. Then collect data on which have relatives who oppose or plan to vote against them weighted by how distantly related they are. We could start building the chart with the material in the OP, but we certainly have some Trump family members--e.g. his niece, Mary L Trump, and nephew, Fred Trump III. I don't know about Vance's or Harris's family, but I can see that this kind of thing is all very important to people. So it would help to have some way to keep score. :rolleyes:
A bipartisan congressional commission is called for with hearings on each addition for veracity.
What the heck, they aren't doing anything else.