• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Thanks for appreciating that Islam started at Mecca and many people from Mecca accepted him; all peacefully, with free will and without force and use of sword.

I give the account of the first converts to Islam who followed Muhammad in Mecca from a scholar:

First Converts of Muhammad​

“Waraqa evidently referred to the prophecy in Deuteronomy18 : 18. When the news reached Zaid, the Prophet's freed slave, now about thirty years of age, and his cousin 'Ali, about eleven, they both declared their faith in him.

Abu Bakr, friend of his childhood, was out of town. As he returned he began to hear of this new experience which the Prophet had had.
He was told that his friend had gone mad and had begun to say that angels brought him messages from God. Abu Bakr trusted the Prophet completely. He did not doubt for a minute that the Prophet must be right-he had known him to be both sane and sincere.

He knocked at the Prophet's door and on admission into his company asked him what had happened. The Prophet, fearing lest Abu Bakr should misunderstand, began a long explanation. Abu Bakr stopped the Prophet from doing so, and insisted that all he wanted to know was whether an angel had really descended upon him from God and had given him a Message. The Prophet wanted to explain again, but Abu Bakr said he wanted to hear no explanation.
He wanted only an answer to the question whether he had had a Message from God. The Prophet said, "Yes" and Abu Bakr at once declared his faith. Having declared his faith, he said, argument would have detracted from the value of his faith. He had known the Prophet long and intimately.

He could not doubt him, and he wanted no argument to be convinced of his truth. This small group of the Faithful then were the first believers of Islam : a woman full of years, an eleven-year-old boy, a freed slave living among strangers, a young friend and the Prophet himself. This was the party which made the silent resolve to spread the light of God all over the world.

When the people and their leaders heard of this, they laughed and declared that these men had gone mad. There was nothing to fear and nothing to worry about. But as time went on, the truth began to dawn and as the Prophet Isaiah (28 : 13) said long ago, precept upon precept, precept upon precept ; line upon line, line upon line ; here a little, and there a little ; began to descend upon the Prophet.” Unquote

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Introduction-Study-Holy-Quran.pdf

One could see that there was no force or sword used for the conversion to Islam of all these. and many others also accepted Islam.

Was there any force or sword used? Please

Regards

please-continue.jpg

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hey friend, a Muslim
Turning to the second point
Yes, in Mecca, Muhammad was a peaceful Djuh
Did not believe in it but few people
Ali bin them Abitalb cousin
And Abu Bakr friend who married two of the daughters of Muhammad
He is also the Abu Aisha, Muhammad's wife
Yes, I know this information
And Oaaraf that states differ from states Mecca Medina
Turning to the second part which is the subject of dialogue
Even the dialogue be useful
Tell the truth wherever it

Hey friend, a Muslim
Turning to the second point
Yes, in Mecca, Muhammad was a peaceful

The second point is that the Meccans did not allow Muhammad and his followers to practice freely Islam- the Revealed Religion of their choice:

THE FAITHFUL PERSECUTED​

God began to talk to Muhammad in "another tongue". The youth of the country began to wonder. Those in search of truth became excited. Out of scorn and derision began to grow approval and admiration. Slaves, young men, and hapless women began to collect around the Prophet. In his Message and in his teaching there was hope for the degraded, the depressed and the young.

Women thought the time for the restoration of their rights was near. Slaves thought the day of their liberation had come and young men thought the avenues of progress were going to be thrown open to them.
When derision began to change into approval and indifference into attachment, the chiefs of Mecca and the officials began to take fright.

They assembled and took counsel. They decided that derision was no method to deal with this menace. A more serious remedy had to be applied. The new influence had to be put down by force. It was decided that persecution and some form of boycott must be instituted. Practical steps were soon taken, and Mecca was pitched against Islam in a serious conflict.

Page 145

Those unbiased persons who speak for freedom of religion and freedom of speech;must take notice of this.

There was absolutely no planning for violence or to use force or sword on the side of Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

Why should the Meccans be allowed to do it?

Regards

Sees

Dragonslayer
I don't get you exactly. Please express yourself fully even if you disagree with me.

Regards

Focus on times and places where violence/use or threat of force (aka "the sword") wasn't used to spread/grow Islam just dances around the issue.

Would Islam have dominated the Arabian peninsula without it?

The only history of Islam or biography of Muhammad books I've read were written by Muslims for Muslims - they always let the cat out the bag no matter how massaged the message.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Focus on times and places where violence/use or threat of force (aka "the sword") wasn't used to spread/grow Islam just dances around the issue.

The only history of Islam or biography of Muhammad books I've read were written by Muslims for Muslims - they always let the cat out the bag no matter how massaged the message.

Surely Islam would have dominated without it.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Just read Quran intently;it is a live narrative of the events that befell Muhammad. Please

Regards

mahasn ebn sawresho

The second point is that the Meccans did not allow Muhammad and his followers to practice freely Islam- the Revealed Religion of their choice:

THE FAITHFUL PERSECUTED​

God began to talk to Muhammad in "another tongue". The youth of the country began to wonder. Those in search of truth became excited. Out of scorn and derision began to grow approval and admiration. Slaves, young men, and hapless women began to collect around the Prophet. In his Message and in his teaching there was hope for the degraded, the depressed and the young.

Women thought the time for the restoration of their rights was near. Slaves thought the day of their liberation had come and young men thought the avenues of progress were going to be thrown open to them.
When derision began to change into approval and indifference into attachment, the chiefs of Mecca and the officials began to take fright.

They assembled and took counsel. They decided that derision was no method to deal with this menace. A more serious remedy had to be applied. The new influence had to be put down by force. It was decided that persecution and some form of boycott must be instituted. Practical steps were soon taken, and Mecca was pitched against Islam in a serious conflict.

Page 145

Those unbiased persons who speak for freedom of religion and freedom of speech;must take notice of this.

There was absolutely no planning for violence or to use force or sword on the side of Islam/Quran/Muhammad.

Why should the Meccans be allowed to do it?

Regards

Dear Muslim friend
You confuse the beginning of Islam and the spread of Islam
At the beginning of the call of Muhammad did not announce that he Messenger
If Qrat Meccan verses you'll see a recipe that Muhammad was a harbinger and warner
And not the messenger
Muhammad was in Mecca peacefully
He could not prove his prophecy
Because the words that he was saying he knew the Arabs in Mecca
Because he was in them pastor <nasrane>
there defrenent between< nasrane and christ >
al -nasara --isIs a wide spread in the Arabian Peninsula
The belief in the faith of Christ not same with the faith of the Church, as announced by the Council of Chalcedon
It does not believe in the divinity of Christ
This band merged with Islam in two ways
The first sword
The second eviction
Muhammad knew
al -nasara
But Christians who know Mohammed were folks Ngeranotojd two soorahs Tlcalsorten is in the Koran Mohammed dialogue with Christians from the people of Najran
The expulsion of Mohammed c

That is why some Muslims migrated to Abyssinia and which returned to Medina
That call did not spread
But Badahjrth to Medina changed policies
He moved to the sword
Medina landed in the first fight Lite
Including the spread of Islam
And also in the beginning of Christianity is Christianity from Palestine
But it was the spread of Christianity through the apostles of Christ
Those committed to the commandment of Christ

mahasn ebn sawresho

So the second period is the use of force
The use of the sword
And also spoils
And women
Starting the descent of states fighting
It is wonderful that our friend, a Muslim, said that the Koran is the life of Muhammad
Yes to read the life of Muhammad sexual find in the Koran
And a special issue of Aisha in the incident Alivk
I think you know well
And also the marriage of Mohammed wife of his adopted son
And how God commanded him to marry her
I think that the function of God in the Koran is to facilitate the sexual pleasures of Muhammad
Excuse me I hope that extrapolation of the Koran in both incidents
The incident Alivk
The marriage of the wife of his adopted son Zaid

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Hi everyone. Some people say that Islam was spread by the sword. Others say that it was not. The Koran says that there is to be no compulsion in religion so it would seem that Islam's sacred text would condone religious freedom. But was this really the case historically? Here is the reference from the Koran which I am referring to.

I believe we must move past this paradigm. The question we must ask is: how can we find peace between the religions ?

mahasn ebn sawresho

I believe we must move past this paradigm. The question we must ask is: how can we find peace between the religions ?

Siddiqui
Send this question to Muslims
Is that Muslims could live with the Jewish -
Do you think my friend the Jewish
A book that Jews call it considers our ugliest qualities -
It is said N. Islam says to coercion in religion
No, my friend, Jews
If you are from researchers
Read the reasons disembark writer is the author of Old Alnisabure reason for the revelation of this verse has a link with the Jews also
There is a deep problem
It
Texts that he believes in the Muslim
Are you able to cancel all of the Muslim states of hatred for Jews and Christians and humanity
This is an important question
Loving unilateral incompleteSince Islam came to our
Christian believes in love and did not change his faith
To today
The Jewish homeland looking for ancestors
Wants stability
They were tired of immigration
And leave
But see what did us Islam
We Displaced
And you are threatened
So the problem goes deeper than loving words
When he announced my love for the Muslim word and deed
Fannie Ajban received from a mutual love
Is that Muslims could say a word derived from the love of an honest book, the Koran

mahasn ebn sawresho

Do you think that ordered the killing of 500 Jews in a single day
Was representing himself
Or that he was declaring states of God against the Jews
Ordered the killing of these
Is it God or Mohammed Mohammed
Whether those who ordered the killing of God is the God of Mohammed permission for him Antvq
God commands the killing of Jews do not believe it
I believe that the Jewish mind says brother
And also Muslim, but on one condition that eliminates the states fighting and hatred from the Koran
Van did not do it, I am in no doubt of it
He said that the God of the Pious Halal
* After this introduction, do you think
Islam was spread by the sword or peace

Avi1001

I am sorry mahasn, but I do not understand your words. Please speak simply and in your own words so we can communicate.

I hope you are speaking words of peace.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I'm also sorry I do not speak English well
Yes, I believe in peace -
I believe in the love of man -
But in interfaith dialogue must be honest
When I speak with tell his Jewish brother
Jew also tells me my brother
Because the text has not prevented him from saying so
But there is a difference with the Muslim
For a Muslim to Aeetmkn from my brother to say a word to the Jewish honestly
Because he has texts from the Koran and prevent him from saying so

mahasn ebn sawresho

And if you speak Arabic
I will write you my idea even in Arabic also be clear
Today peace is the goal of humanity
It is necessary to remove obstacles that prevent this peace
It is humanity that you cancel any invitation to the hatred of man
Jews carried the first message to the world unite
And we knew we Sephardic Jews also Christ
But this is not the hatred of humans Fikamosna
But with Muslims
We gave them our sincerity
And we give them our love
But
Where are we in the present
That is why I say love unilateral incomplete
This idea is from the Torah

Avi1001

I'm also sorry I do not speak English well.....
.....But there is a difference with the Muslim
For a Muslim to Aeetmkn from my brother to say a word to the Jewish honestly
Because he has texts from the Koran and prevent him from saying so

No worries about your English, I will try to understand.

But it seems you cannot speak openly about what is in the Koran, is this true ?

Then how can people have interfaith dialogue if they cannot speak openly and honestly about their sacred texts ?

Perhaps others will help me to understand your posts.

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

I am sorry mahasn, but I do not understand your words. Please speak simply and in your own words so we can communicate.

I hope you are speaking words of peace.
Sorry my brother -
Love is what we have learned from Christianity
And also from the Torah -
Because the first commandment in the Torah is God's love
But do you find this love in the Koran
From my studies and my knowledge
The problem goes deeper than words -
To this must face the truth
Muslim and you and I

Sees

Dragonslayer

Then how can people have interfaith dialogue if they cannot speak openly and honestly about their sacred texts ?

I think he/she is saying only so much peace is possible between Islam and other religions - and that it has been like this from the beginning of Islam.

Avi1001

Sorry my brother -
Love is what we have learned from Christianity
And also from the Torah -
Because the first commandment in the Torah is God's love
But do you find this love in the Koran
From my studies and my knowledge
The problem goes deeper than words -
To this must face the truth
Muslim and you and I

Do you think because I am a Jew I believe every word in the Torah ? No, far from it.

If you disagree with parts of the Koran you should be able to say so. I hope you feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Avi1001

I think he/she is saying only so much peace is possible between Islam and other religions - and that it has been like this from the beginning of Islam.

If this is true, how can it be overcome? It seems only through interfaith dialogue.

mahasn ebn sawresho

No, my brother?
I speak frankly and Koran
If you mean to refer to the number of verse and Sura
And also the name of the book and the writer
That I am here to Aavolh
For various reasons
Type of knowledge during my studies and also
I left all my books
Due to migration
And I could no Muslim guidance to all the words that I write
For example -
The issue of the killing of Mohammed 500 Jews in one day