• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was there anyone before Adam & Eve ?

footprints

Were there any people before Adam & Eve ?

Possibly yes, possibly no. Depending on how you want to relate and associate this passage of the bible.

Certainly we can conclude of the Adam and Eve scenario, that it pertained to a time in life when the human population wasn't as dense as it is today. This may pertain to a time either directly after evolution, or at any period of time thereafter where human life was stripped to a bear minimum, such as during a severe climate change.

Many ancient cultures from around the world have legends which tell of intelligent beings before us.

joea

Oshoyoi
Possibly yes, possibly no. Depending on how you want to relate and associate this passage of the bible.

Certainly we can conclude of the Adam and Eve scenario, that it pertained to a time in life when the human population wasn't as dense as it is today. This may pertain to a time either directly after evolution, or at any period of time thereafter where human life was stripped to a bear minimum, such as during a severe climate change.

Many ancient cultures from around the world have legends which tell of intelligent beings before us.

Honestly..I do not know, thus the question. I heard there is a particular tribe in Africa where there blood line does not go back to Adam & Eve.....

footprints

Honestly..I do not know, thus the question. I heard there is a particular tribe in Africa where there blood line does not go back to Adam & Eve.....

That you don't know, makes you the same as any other reasoned person on the planet. Without knowledge and evidence, we rationally and logically, cannot know anything. We can only ever have a belief and a faith in that belief that it is correct.

Even down the lines of biological Eve, to think or imply that there was only one genetic Eve, would require a great deal of faith and belief as it attached to a power of suggestion. It may turn out there was only one genetic Eve, then again there could be multiple. Even the "Out of Africa theory," is highly speculative, though appears the most plausible, given our knowledge to date.

The bible itself, from the best of my knowledge and memory doesn't say Adam and Eve were alone, it doesn't even say they were the first, it merely says in the beginning. Many associations can be drawn from this.

Last edited:

Beta

Man is free to draw whatever conclusions he likes from scripture but going off into the unknown will take us into the wilderness.
There is no mention of any other humans before Adam and Eve so why can we not take what GOD says as truth and as a starting-point ?
IF there was anything of importance before the beginning God would give us knowledge of it. And if it is not relevant to our development it would only clutter our mind.
Even without assuming and surmising additional unimportant knowledge man is already deceived and confused. If anything we have to get rid of excess baggage.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

IOV, many!

We see Adam not as the first man ever, but as the first Divine Messenger of what we call the Prophetic Era (which ended about a century and a half ago).

And Eve is a metaphor, as explained in our scriptures.

Best regards, :)

Bruce

logician

Adam and Eve are just part of a ficional tale of the OT. They never existed.
Homo sapien ancestors, of course, existed millions of years ago, or since all animals evolved from the same beginnings of life, back to the beginning of life on earth.

Beta

Adam and Eve are just part of a ficional tale of the OT. They never existed.
Homo sapien ancestors, of course, existed millions of years ago, or since all animals evolved from the same beginnings of life, back to the beginning of life on earth.

The OP is about PEOPLE - not animals. People with whom God could communicate and have a relationship with.
It would seem that A & E were the first such people.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Is this suppose to be a trick question? As Adam and Eve never really existed and their story is just allegory at best, one cannot possibly answer the question in regards to reality.

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata

I've thought about this as well. There is evidence that we as Homo sapiens are only the last surviving members of a large Hominid group of primates, and that there were once many different beings that stood upright, used tools and generally behaved as we do. Homo neandertalensis was the last hominid group that died out, possibly due to the spread of our species. I am not convinced that they at least did not have souls like us.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that the story of Adam and Even is allegorical.
Whoever the first humans were they lived much earlier than 6thousand years...

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Who did Adam and Eve's children marry? I can't remember if there was a lot of incest or if they married people from other villages (which would indicate that other people were around at the same time!).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As opposed to all those other groups whose blood lines have been traced back to Adam and Eve? :sarcastic

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

Firstly, your scripture claims no.

Secondly, there is the matter of Minimal Population Viability. ANY animal, including Human Beings, will die out within generations if there are less than a certain number of mating couples. This number is usually around 50.