• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We should make Canada the 51st State!

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Why do your police keep executing black teenagers then?

Its a loooong story but the short answer is that instead of taking slaves under the "I'm stronger than you so you do what I say." kind of thinking like the ancient empires(Examples Persians and the Romans) Europe used a brand new "They're our inferior in every way" philosophy which seems to be attached to America and many other parts of the world like herpes:(

Alceste

Vagabond
Its a loooong story but the short answer is that instead of taking slaves under the "I'm stronger than you so you do what I say." kind of thinking like the ancient empires(Examples Persians and the Romans) Europe used a brand new "They're our inferior in every way" philosophy which seems to be attached to America and many other parts of the world like herpes:(

Somebody has to do all that discounted private, for profit prison labour. Why not black jaywalkers? If they give you any lip, shooting them is completely reasonable. The economy comes first.:sarcastic

Huey09

Somebody has to do all that discounted private, for profit prison labour. Why not black jaywalkers? If they give you any lip, shooting them is completely reasonable. The economy comes first.:sarcastic

That too its amazing that the 13th amendment had such an evil exception to its ruling. Namely,

'Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That too its amazing that the 13th amendment had such an evil exception to its ruling. Namely,

'Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
And that is problematic because...?

Huey09

Its a loophole that allows prisons to use prisoners legally in slave labor.

"According to Noah Zatz at UCLA Law , "well over 600,000, and probably close to a million, inmates are working full time in jails and prisons throughout the United States. Perhaps some of them built your desk chair: office furniture, especially in state universities and the federal government, is a major prison labor product. Inmates also take hotel reservations at corporate call centers, make body armor for the U.S. military, and manufacture prison chic fashion accessories, in addition to the iconic
task of stamping license plates." We have a word for work without pay—slavery—and we know of a work of fiction that depicts a large powerful nation that used large pools of unpaid labor to produce things: The Gulag Archipelago. Think that's hyperbole? Perhaps you should consider visiting your local state prison..."

One of my sources: Prison Labor - How it is used to eliminate the Middle Class and provide Slave Labor for Corporations

Alceste

Vagabond

Because the US incarcerates people for minor offences to pad the profit margins of private prisons. A disproportionate number of those people are black or Hispanic. It's slavery with a new haircut.

Huey09

Because the US incarcerates people for minor offences to pad the profit margins of private prisons. A disproportionate number of those people are black or Hispanic. It's slavery with a new haircut.
Exactly:clap

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exactly:clap
Conspiracy theories are attractive because they provide an easily hated boogeyman.
But when we (not including me) vote in politicians who promise "law & order",
"get tough on crime" & "3 strikes & you're out" agendas, then what do you expect?
Change'm all back to non-profit prisons (with good ole fashioned government run
corruption & incompetence) & you'll see no change until we address the fundamental
problems, eg, the drug war, over-reliance on incarceration, lack of accountability for
those who run & work in prisons. Look before voting...where does your candidate
stand on these issues?

Huey09

Conspiracy theories are attractive because they provide an easily hated boogeyman.
I'm not sure if your calling my statement of prison being the new slave labor a conspiracy sooo no comment yet.
But when we (not including me) vote in politicians who promise "law & order",
"get tough on crime" & "3 strikes & you're out" agendas, then what do you expect?
Change'm all back to non-profit prisons (with good ole fashioned government run
corruption & incompetence) & you'll see no change until we address the fundamental
problems, eg, the drug war, over-reliance on incarceration, lack of accountability for
those who run & work in prisons. Look before voting...where does your candidate
stand on this issue?
One of the main problems you're correct about is the "Drug War" when carry an ounce of marijuana lands you in jail you can go from punk stoner to cold blooded killer in under six months. Another issue I'm wondering is when did the prison stop being about reforming the criminals. Now like you stated its just incarceration and punishment. What does that do but create a revolving door for ex-cons to go right back.And if you ask about my representatives Ga is a "Kill'em and be done with it" state. We just aren't as hardcore as Texas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure if your calling my statement of prison being the new slave labor a conspiracy sooo no comment yet.
No. I was addressing your concurrence with the private prison conspiracy.
As for the source of slave labor, prisoners are not so productive that it pays to
incarcerate them for that purpose....except perhaps in The Shawshank Redemption.

One of the main problems you're correct about is the "Drug War" when carry an ounce of marijuana lands you in jail you can go from punk stoner to cold blooded killer in under six months. Another issue I'm wondering is when did the prison stop being about reforming the criminals.
I wonder when it will start being about reformation.

Now like you stated its just incarceration and punishment. What does that do but create a revolving door for ex-cons to go right back.And if you ask about my representatives Ga is a "Kill'em and be done with it" state. We just aren't as hardcore as Texas.
Aye, it seems the whole country has been & still is headed in a less than optimum direction.

Huey09

No. I was addressing your concurrence with the private prison conspiracy.
As for the source of slave labor, prisoners are not so productive that it pays to
incarcerate them for that purpose....except perhaps in The Shawshank Redemption.
Its less about the prison making money and more of have an at home legal low priced workforce.

I wonder when it will start being about reformation.
That's true :(

Aye, it seems the whole country has been & still is headed in a less than optimum direction.
And yet there was so much hope for change:p

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Its a loophole that allows prisons to use prisoners legally in slave labor.

"According to Noah Zatz at UCLA Law , "well over 600,000, and probably close to a million, inmates are working full time in jails and prisons throughout the United States. Perhaps some of them built your desk chair: office furniture, especially in state universities and the federal government, is a major prison labor product. Inmates also take hotel reservations at corporate call centers, make body armor for the U.S. military, and manufacture prison chic fashion accessories, in addition to the iconic
task of stamping license plates." We have a word for work without pay—slavery—and we know of a work of fiction that depicts a large powerful nation that used large pools of unpaid labor to produce things: The Gulag Archipelago. Think that's hyperbole? Perhaps you should consider visiting your local state prison..."

One of my sources: Prison Labor - How it is used to eliminate the Middle Class and provide Slave Labor for Corporations
Surely you have something more substantial than the relatively inane DailyKos.

I had no idea that is WHY they were arrested. You really do learn something new each day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Surely you have something more substantial than the relatively inane DailyKos.

I had no idea that is WHY they were arrested. You really do learn something new each day.
Here....put this on, & you'll see things more clearly.

5249707050_tin_foil_hat_xlarge.jpeg

Once you've donned this smartnin cap, you'll see that Americastan's problems aren't caused
by voting in Dem & Pub politicians who pursue the bad policies which they promised.

The real evil lurks in the shadows, pulling Obama's strings, writing the laws, ......
- The Illlumaniti
- Jewish bankers
- God hating atheists
- The Koch Brothers
- Private prison companies
- Big Oil
- The powerful juggernaut known as The Tea Party
- Bush

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I only want the non-French provinces, such ss B.C.. We don't want that kind of trouble. That would be SUPER if B.C. became a US State. We can start to just overrun the border and out populate and then vote. This could be a possible remote section of the future nation of Greater Texas, rather than US. We could call B.C. North Greater Texas and Texas as South Greater Texas, but I am not sure what we would call Alberta but we got to get that oil. I also love First Nations, they would have a lot more freedom, independence and prosperity under Greater Texas liberation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"As of 2014, Puerto Rico remains a U.S. territory, even though this territorial status was asked to be eliminated by a majority vote (54% of the electorate) on the island's last plebiscite in 2012."
Seems pretty even, unless I'm misunderstanding here.
That's cuz they wanted to go from territorial status to statehood!
That's what I meant by "stay", ie, remain part of Americastan.

dust1n

Zindīq
Psh, if anyone claims that private corporations either a.) don't profit off increased incarcerations and b.) don't consistently lobby to maintain vigilant laws is desperate not to acknowledge it.

That's not to say government profits aren't brutal, or corrupt, etc. But their isn't anyone you can point to who profits off of it.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
That's cuz they wanted to go from territorial status to statehood!
That's what I meant by "stay", ie, remain part of Americastan.

Oh ok, cool. I wasn't sure if it meant go from territorial status to state, or territorial status to not being occupied by America.

Huey09

Here....put this on, & you'll see things more clearly.

5249707050_tin_foil_hat_xlarge.jpeg

Once you've donned this smartnin cap, you'll see that Americastan's problems aren't caused
by voting in Dem & Pub politicians who pursue the bad policies which they promised.

The real evil lurks in the shadows, pulling Obama's strings, writing the laws, ......
- The Illlumaniti
- Jewish bankers
- God hating atheists
- The Koch Brothers
- Private prison companies
- Big Oil
- The powerful juggernaut known as The Tea Party
- Bush
Here I thought we were getting along so well! I was even gonna name one of my children after you, the grumpy one;)