• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about the 7-day creation story?

look3467

Premium Member
Today as in the first century, the basic work of Jesus simple to understand is the same commission that Jesus gave his followers to do at Matthew 29vs18,19 and Matthew 24v14 to let the whole world know that God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus is the only solution to mankind's problems. Only Jesus, as Prince of Peace, can usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
He did usher peace; His having made peace with God for us.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
When did Isaiah 11v4 take place?
When did Revelation 19vs11,14,15,18 take place?
When did Psalm 92 v7 take place?
When did Jeremiah 25vs31-33 take place?

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

At the cross.

God is an all consuming fire as like the potter's furnace, where all vessels are tried pure.

The consuming fire is the love of god.

At the cross.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

At the cross

Psa 92:7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

At the cross

Jer 25:31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.
Jer 25:32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
Jer 25:33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

The reason I say at the cross is because Jesus is the conqueror that conquered all sin, death and hell, leaving no stone unturned for us, yet while in sin.

"While in sin " tells us that there is none righteous, only God is righteous.

God commanded His love towards us as life in a gift by jesus Christ.

So, all vessels both good and evil are cast into the lake of God's love (Lake of fire) and which will be tried and purified to make them fit for the glory of god.

Blessings, AJ

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If all the wicked are already destroyed then why do we still have jails?__________

Lake of fire is: second death according to the definition of the lake at Rev 20v14.
Death does not purify. Only Jesus blood according to 1st John 1v7.
Not all accept Jesus sacrifice that is why Matthew 20v28 says Jesus ransom sacrifice covers 'many' and not all.

look3467

Premium Member
If all the wicked are already destroyed then why do we still have jails?__________

Lake of fire is: second death according to the definition of the lake at Rev 20v14.
Death does not purify. Only Jesus blood according to 1st John 1v7.
Not all accept Jesus sacrifice that is why Matthew 20v28 says Jesus ransom sacrifice covers 'many' and not all.

What is in this world remains in this world.

The bible states that the wages of sin is death, thereby, after death there is no longer sin, for sin is paid in full.

What Jesus came to save is the soul that was lost in the making.

If in the making, according to the following verse quote, Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, we had no choice in making us subject to vanity.

In other words, in our subjection we became lost.

That being the case, all humanity became lost and not one of any of them could become righteous enough to meet the standard of God.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Does that not include those who deem themselves worthy in there own righteousness to go to heaven?

How about this verse: Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Are they not all lumped together under the word "still"?

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rewards as blessings, punishment as cursing, we shall receive in the flesh what we sow.

Blessings, AJ

idea

Question Everything
I like numbers in the scriptures.

I won't argue anybody's view on what they believe what each number represent.

I do know that the number 7 is quite extensively repeated, giving reason to research it out.

1 = Father
2. Son
3. Holy Spirit
4. the number of the earth

mother earth :)

5. Grace
6. The number of a man
7. Completeness
8. A new beginning as in the first day of a new week
9. The number for Judgment
10. Heaven ordinal number
11. Number between heaven and earth as in believers
12. The earthly organizational number.

Most of them fit, but are not necessarily things to place complete confidence in.

Jesus yes, full confidence.

Blessings, AJ

:)

look3467

Premium Member
REV 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

A lamb is a beast, and the sacrificial lamb of God is as a lamb, (a beast) sacrificed for the sins of the people.

Jesus, (was) as the lamb of God, is sacrificed (and is not).

..." he is the eighth"...meaning resurrected on the first day of the week, being the 8th day.

..."
and is of the seven"... is Jesus responsible for all humanity as in the seven day week creation story.

Hence, the 7-day creation story being a week in number, does Jesus fulfill that week and opens up a new week with the eight day.

Can you see it?

Blessings, AJ

blane

To be honest, I guess 7-day creation story is a childish made-up drivel that can hardly be used to convince todays little kids with

look3467

Premium Member
To be honest, I guess 7-day creation story is a childish made-up drivel that can hardly be used to convince todays little kids with

I had no problem with it as a child, did you?

I mean, it sufficed while I was a child.

Ref: 1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.

But I don't think as a child now, but have greater understandings of the word of God.

Blessings, AJ

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Where in Genesis is it talking about a literal 7-day creation story?

First of all, how long is the 7th day?
According to Scriptures even in the apostle Paul's day the 7th day was still ongoing. -Hebrews 4 vs4-10.

Second, all 6 of the creative days are summed up as a 'day' at Gen 2v4.
So 'day' in Scripture has various shades of meaning.

There is no mention in Scripture either of how long each creative day was.
We do not know if each creative day was of the same length of time.

So why say made-up drivel? Isn't it rather a lack of Bible knowledge that is made-up drivel?

look3467

Premium Member

You don't think that a child could believe in the seven day creation story?

I mean what other knowledge would the child have to contrast that with to find the seven day story objectionable?

You see, a child's mind is as innocent as an angels, and yet polluted with our rendition of things to the point where Jesus pointed out, "such is the kingdom of heaven made up of".Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

When you and I grow up in our spiritual training and walk, we should no longer see things as a child but as adult spiritual living beings.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Where in Genesis is it talking about a literal 7-day creation story?

First of all, how long is the 7th day?
According to Scriptures even in the apostle Paul's day the 7th day was still ongoing. -Hebrews 4 vs4-10.

Second, all 6 of the creative days are summed up as a 'day' at Gen 2v4.
So 'day' in Scripture has various shades of meaning.

There is no mention in Scripture either of how long each creative day was.
We do not know if each creative day was of the same length of time.

So why say made-up drivel? Isn't it rather a lack of Bible knowledge that is made-up drivel?

You are somewhat close but not there yet.

Here are two verses in bold which seem to oppose each other.

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. Negatively worded?

Job 3:4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

Is the day a 24 hour period? Or a day meaning a time of darkness and not light?

So what's in it for you? (to what end is it for you?) Can we do anything about it?

Verses:

Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Positively worded?

How can we than rejoice and be glad in a day of darkness and not light?

Perhaps the word day is all together hidden or taken away to where we might rejoice and be glad in it?

Glad in it (day) or glad that it was taken away?

Job 3:4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

Job 3:6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

As in......hidden, cast away, taken out of time?

So, if "the day" as the night (as darkness upon the earth = knowledge)be not numbered with the days of the year, (as in the earth lacking the light of the knowledge of God in Jesus?) be a more correct reference to the word "day"?

Can we say then that the event that took place is greater than the word meaning of the word day?

If one wants to argue days as to time period in hours and not as to an event of time as a day, then one be hard pressed to understand it's full meaning.

Blessings, AJ

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You are somewhat close but not there yet.
Here are two verses in bold which seem to oppose each other.

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. Negatively worded?
Is the day a 24 hour period? Or a day meaning a time of darkness and not light?
So what's in it for you? (to what end is it for you?) Can we do anything about it?
Verses:
Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Positively worded?
How can we than rejoice and be glad in a day of darkness and not light?
Perhaps the word day is all together hidden or taken away to where we might rejoice and be glad in it?
Glad in it (day) or glad that it was taken away?
Job 3:6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.
As in......hidden, cast away, taken out of time?
So, if "the day" as the night (as darkness upon the earth = knowledge)be not numbered with the days of the year, (as in the earth lacking the light of the knowledge of God in Jesus?) be a more correct reference to the word "day"?
Can we say then that the event that took place is greater than the word meaning of the word day?
If one wants to argue days as to time period in hours and not as to an event of time as a day, then one be hard pressed to understand it's full meaning.
Blessings, AJ

Who are the 'people' of Amos [5v18; 4v12]?

Jeremiah [30 vs 1-8] mentions those ancient people of Israel and Judah.
Verses 7 and 8 use the word 'day' as in a period of time as we might say in grandfather's day or Noah's day not being a literal 24 hour day.

'Day' is used in connection to destruction time at Joel [1v15; 2vs31,32]

Zephaniah [1vs 14-18] also is a time period and not a literal 24-hr day in connection to the great tribulation of Matthew [24v21]; Rev. [7v14]

That 'day' is 'negative' only for the wicked. There is something we can do about it now. There are 'positive conditions' to be met according to Zephaniah [2v3] in order to come out of that great tribulation.
-Isaiah 26v20
Notice who remain according to Proverbs 2v21.

The 'it' of Job [3 vs4,6] appears to be Job cursing 'his day' in verse one.
Kind of like Jeremiah [20v14] cursed be the day 'he' was born.
They are talking about personal days.

Whereas the 'day' of Psalm [118v24] is the acceptable time of Psalm [69v13] and the acceptable time of 2nd Cor 6v2.
Rejoicing 'day' - Zechariah [3vs9,10]; Micah [4vs3,4]
One the 8th day of 1st Kings [8v9] the people were merry of heart on that day. And there is a 'good day' mentioned at Ester [8vs15-17].

Psalm [118v24] is too in connection to Jesus messianic [1000-year] day,
or millennial-long day, when Jesus will make hearts rejoice.
-John 16 vs22,23; 2nd Cor 6v2.

look3467

Premium Member
Who are the 'people' of Amos [5v18; 4v12]?>>>URAVIP2ME

The best way for me to explain that verse is to relate it to a road map.

There is this road map detailing the correct and right path to the works of God.

Now, let me emphasize "works of God".

For it is in the works of God that we can see the value of that verse, and others like it, though the verse may apply totally to a different happening or a story.

What is key is understanding those verses and others in light of the "works of God".

I have been accused of cherry picking in order to arrive at my conclusions.

Well, getting back to the road map we can say that there are many intersecting roads along the main path that may hold sites to see, placed to go and or of a historical value.

If we cannot see the main path despite all those intersecting roads, then we can only see what each road holds and adjustr our beliefs to what those roads seem to portray.

Hidden in all those stories, and events are snippets of truths as like pieces of a larger puzzle which are spiritual truths which give us a view of the whole picture, or path.

When we are able to see the structure of how God worked His work out in simple logic, then we are able to see those snippets more clearly.

One good example is the story of Jonah and the whale. Yes, it has its application to a prophet who was unwilling to follow through as instructed.

Yet it is also a spiritual picture of Christ and His travail.

And the latter view or application is the more meaningful one than the former.

Another one is the story of Job, Moses, Abraham, Joseph, Cain, Jacob, the ram in the ticket, the serpent on the pole, etc, etc.

So the Day simple means an event that affected the whole as the seven day creation period being as one day in the life of Jesus when He re-created the whole 7 day creation in one day.(event)

So, what you have is the Father's creation which is the creation of the physical and the Son's recreation which is of the spiritual but using the same affected physical components.

In that work you have players.
The chosen = nation of Israel = the vehicle that carries out the work of the Father
The Levitical priesthood = the ones entrusted to offer sacrifices and the ones who offered up Jesus
Moses = the establishment of the law giving mankind no hope for it's extreme impossibility making God the Father the only one who could fulfill it in Jesus.
What that means is that God is the only one who gets the credit for righteousness.
Ours, will not do it.
You have Judas who initiates the start of the day.(event)
You have the Roman government involved in the sacrifice as a component in the salvation work of God in Jesus. Meaning, they to are included.
Then you have Jesus, God incarnate carrying out and finishing His work.

After the work of God the Father, is finished by Jesus, then the Apostles are entrusted to spread the good news.

We have to take into consideration the laws that were, the traditions that were, the devotion that was given to the Father only, that the apostles had to address in order to help convince all of us the change that took place that day, the day of the lord, which affected all souls, both dead and alive.

That is what is important here. More so than what a 24 hr day means or whether the seven day creation story was literal or not, doesn't matter.

The 'it' of Job [3 vs4,6] appears to be Job cursing 'his day' in verse one.

Again, the spiritual application is that of Jesus as Job.

The day Jesus was born, meaning the day the new creation was ushered in by it, that day is what is referred to as a day of darkness lacking light.

Up and until Jesus, the world was in darkness for lack of Jesus, the light of the world.

But that day no longer exists, for there is no more darkness, because the light of the world has illuminated/s it.

One problem. Mankind as a whole has not all embraced it, thus technically, still in the dark.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
The Bible is meant to be taken literally.

With all due respect to your beliefs, literally can not happen. Somethings yes, but many others times no.

The book of Revelation is one such book where all is figuratively portrayed as the very first verse states, chapter one, quote "Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ"....

It is the day Jesus fought for all we could not, and that was overcoming the flesh.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Matthew [13v34] and Mark [4v34] makes clear that Jesus would only speak to the crowds in parables [illustrations].

An illustration [parable] was Not to be taken as a literal happening but to teach a lesson.

Faith in God was/is the key to unlocked understandings of parables.

Illustrations is correct about parables, so are many other things in the bible.

There were literal happenings from which to draw from, which are also key in understanding.

The difference being is one grounded in the law while the other in grace.

The former, was the reason why Israel could not accept Jesus, while the latter placed their faith in Him, thus given to understand parables, or the secrets of the kingdom.

Blessings, AJ

Protester

You don't think that a child could believe in the seven day creation story?

I mean what other knowledge would the child have to contrast that with to find the seven day story objectionable?

You see, a child's mind is as innocent as an angels, and yet polluted with our rendition of things to the point where Jesus pointed out, "such is the kingdom of heaven made up of".Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

When you and I grow up in our spiritual training and walk, we should no longer see things as a child but as adult spiritual living beings.

Blessings, AJ

My a couple of things, you seemed to ignored the Federal headship of Adam? Now 19th Century dictionaries are well aware of this, and so are modern conservative preachers. Few of them would have a problem with this excerpt for the 19th century Easton Dictionary

Original sin. "Our first parents being the root of all mankind, the guilt of their sin was imputed, and the same death in sin and corrupted nature were conveyed to all their posterity, descending from them by ordinary generation." Adam was constituted by God the federal head and representative of all his posterity, as he was also their natural head, and therefore when he fell they fell with him (Rom. 5:12-21; 1 Cor. 15:22-45). His probation was their probation, and his fall their fall. Because of Adam's first sin all his posterity came into the world in a state of sin and condemnation, i.e., (1) a state of moral corruption, and (2) of guilt, as having judicially imputed to them the guilt of Adam's first sin. "Original sin" is frequently and properly used to denote only the moral corruption of their whole nature inherited by all men from Adam. This inherited moral corruption consists in, (1) the loss of original righteousness; and (2) the presence of a constant proneness to evil, which is the root and origin of all actual sin. It is called "sin" (Rom. 6:12, 14, 17; 7:5-17), the "flesh" (Gal. 5:17, 24), "lust" (James 1:14, 15), the "body of sin" (Rom. 6:6), "ignorance," "blindness of heart," "alienation from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18, 19). It influences and depraves the whole man, and its tendency is still downward to deeper and deeper corruption, there remaining no recuperative element in the soul. It is a total depravity, and it is also universally inherited by all the natural descendants of Adam (Rom. 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 8:7). Pelagians deny original sin, and regard man as by nature morally and spiritually well; semi-Pelagians regard him as morally sick; Augustinians, or, as they are also called, Calvinists, regard man as described above, spiritually dead (Eph. 2:1; 1 John 3:14). The doctrine of original sin is proved, (1.) From the fact of the universal sinfulness of men. "There is no man that sinneth not" (1 Kings 8:46; Isa. 53:6; Ps. 130:3; Rom. 3:19, 22, 23; Gal. 3:22). (2.) From the total depravity of man. All men are declared to be destitute of any principle of spiritual life; man's apostasy from God is total and complete (Job 15:14-16; Gen. 6:5,6). (3.) From its early manifestation (Ps. 58:3; Prov. 22:15). (4.) It is proved also from the necessity, absolutely and universally, of regeneration (John 3:3; 2 Cor. 5:17). (5.) From the universality of death (Rom. 5:12-20). . . .

So, the little darlings no matter how cute they are, are not innocent. You ask what (hmm sorry John M., this is what happens when you move your stuff around!:thud:Destiny Baby ) . This is a thoughtful look at what happens to infants who die -- no limbo, by the way.

I go with the 6 day 24 hours to the day creation belief, What is the biblical Creation story? But yes, some people seem to have a problem with the 24 hour day, though that might be somewhat explained by, There are of course just like when Bill Clinton ask what "is," is. People don't seem to know how many hours there are in a day, here's on explanation of it. How 6 days looks like 16 billion years, was looked by Dr. Gerald Schroeder on Zola Levitt program some years back. unfortunately the Levitt site use to have Internet video of various programs, but apparently not any more, but there are problems with that as well, CreationEvolutionDesign: Re: Schroeder Science The best thing is to take the Bible in a literal/historical way, i.e., Proper Biblical Interpretation where these words aren't pointed out but certainly mentioned, What is the difference between exegesis and eisegesis?

Last edited: