• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Argentbear

I tried reading this but had a very hard time getting past the "racist fearmongering" terminology they used. It's a hot spot for me so I immediately clicked on it but did not see any racist fearmongering going on on the site it took me to. I clicked on other links as well, to find nothing alarming. I mean, thank you for the links, I guess.But eventually I just gave up on reading through it.
Could you please quote the link showing the "racist fearmongering"?

GoodAttention

That all sounds good in theory (although the DSM is a bit suspect).

I enjoy Tom Cruise movies also.

But again, WPATH has been seen to admit that they often do NOT have informed consent, and there is no good evidence that these hormones improve mental health outcomes.

Informed consent needs to be obtained by the practitioner, and mental health outcomes should be set before treatment is started, being specific to the patient.

Puberty blockers aim to reduce distress in the years to come, so to have a good understanding of benefit you need to follow up these patients for at least 5-10 years, gathering good data. Authorities are only looking at groups over a short time span and coming to the conclusion there is no benefit, ignoring why that could be the case.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Here you go, on the first page about 1/2 way down:

Environmental Progress, which hosts the “report”, is a misleadingly named organisation that actually dabbles in quite a bit of climate denialism, pro-nuclear activism, and racist fearmongering. Environmental Progress, much like founder Shellenberger, applies a “two-truths-and-a-lie” technique (except with a LOT more lies) to spread disinformation, stating partial truth, and then spinning it out of context and arriving at terribly wrong conclusions, all while positioning themselves as the “moral do-gooders”.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Environmental Progress, which hosts the “report”, is a misleadingly named organisation that actually dabbles in quite a bit of climate denialism, pro-nuclear activism, and racist fearmongering. Environmental Progress, much like founder Shellenberger, applies a “two-truths-and-a-lie” technique (except with a LOT more lies) to spread disinformation, stating partial truth, and then spinning it out of context and arriving at terribly wrong conclusions, all while positioning themselves as the “moral do-gooders”.​

Kfox

they don't identify as either a man or a woman they aren't saying they are different from either a man or a woman

What does it mean to identify as something? Because the idea of a human who is neither male nor female does not exist. So if you are non binary, you are a person who is identifying as something that doesn’t exist; is this correct?
Is feeling happy imaginary?

Happiness is a feeling. Like imagination; it exists in your head, but imagination is usually reserved for thoughts rather than feelings.
Swyer syndrome is an intersex condition that causes people with XY chromosomes to develop female external genitalia, a uterus, and fallopian tubes, and ovaries though the ovaries are often under developed.
Swyer Syndrome is an anomaly meaning something went wrong in the birthing process. To say not all men have XY is like saying not all people have 5 fingers. Due to anomaly’s there are some born with 7 fingers, 2 fingers, etc. but that’s the exception not the rule. As a basic rule human males are born with XY and human females are born with XX

GoodAttention

What does it mean to identify as something? Because the idea of a human who is neither male nor female does not exist. So if you are non binary, you are a person who is identifying as something that doesn’t exist; is this correct?

They identify as a human being, nothing more, which is all you need to qualify for human rights.

Kfox

There are people who disagree because of their political and/or prejudicial views. That isn't going to change the meaning of the word
I disagree. Let's say I said "God" did it. God is one of those words that mean diferent things to different people. I could be talking about Allah, Yehwah, Vinishu, and countless others; so it would behove you to say the name of the God rather than just God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Wrong.

Most people – including most transgender people – are either male or female. But some people don't neatly fit into the categories of "man" or "woman," or “male” or “female.” For example, some people have a gender that blends elements of being a man or a woman, or a gender that is different than either male or female. Some people don't identify with any gender. Some people's gender changes over time.​
People whose gender is not male or female use many different terms to describe themselves, with nonbinary being one of the most common (sometimes spelled with a hyphen, as “non-binary”). Other terms include genderqueer, agender, bigender, genderfluid, and more. None of these terms mean exactly the same thing – but all speak to an experience of gender that is not simply male or female. If you’re not sure what a word means, you can usually just ask politely.​

Argentbear

Play your word games with someone else

Kathryn

They identify as a human being, nothing more, which is all you need to qualify for human rights.
I don't believe that everyone identifies as a human being.

Who's to say these people are wrong? Or that they're even human for that matter? People who don't even know what gender they are today?

Kfox

And you subjectively decide when it is the case for all humans.
NO; I subjectively decide when this is the case for ME. I explained why I prefer talking to people rather than reading links. If others like links, thats their business not mine.

Kfox

We are all more than just human beings, and in order to function in the real world, some of those other aspects of who we are need to be acknowledged.

GoodAttention

I don't believe that everyone identifies as a human being.

Who's to say these people are wrong? Or that they're even human for that matter? People who don't even know what gender they are today?
It says they don’t think they are “wholly human” so there’s that.

Who’s to say these people are wrong is an excellent question if they aren’t living in an authoritarian regime.

GoodAttention

We are all more than just human beings, and in order to function in the real world, some of those other aspects of who we are need to be acknowledged.

If the law is asking, fine I’m obliged, but it shouldn’t matter in any other context.

Kfox

Wrong.

Most people – including most transgender people – are either male or female. But some people don't neatly fit into the categories of "man" or "woman," or “male” or “female.” For example, some people have a gender that blends elements of being a man or a woman, or a gender that is different than either male or female. Some people don't identify with any gender. Some people's gender changes over time.​
Can you list some categories of man vs categories of woman?

Kathryn

It says they don’t think they are “wholly human” so there’s that.

Who’s to say these people are wrong is an excellent question if they aren’t living in an authoritarian regime.
It also says this:

They might be wearing a human body, but that doesn’t make their soul human, for an analogy, it does not matter what clothing you wear, you are the same person.
Who even knows? I would HATE to be a teacher these days.

Kathryn

I would have thought it would be more rewarding to have so many different personalities.
Maybe but whatever. I don't know about other people but as for me, I'd rather deal with just myself. So no, I'd hate to be a teacher.

Every teacher I know (which for some weird reason is a lot) says that it's not the kids who are so different these days, it's the parents.