• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Argentbear

Okay; the reason I don't like getting those kind of answers from a link, is because the link will (for example) define a non-binary person as someone who doesn't identify as either man nor woman. But when I ask how are they different from a man or a woman, I can't get such an answer from a link, but if I am talking to an individual, they can give me an answer.
they don't identify as either a man or a woman they aren't saying they are different from either a man or a woman

Argentbear

What did I mention that is not?
Swyer syndrome is an intersex condition that causes people with XY chromosomes to develop female external genitalia, a uterus, and fallopian tubes, and ovaries though the ovaries are often under developed.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Swyer syndrome is an intersex condition that causes people with XY chromosomes to develop female external genitalia, a uterus, and fallopian tubes, and ovaries though the ovaries are often under developed.
They often (usually) have "streak gonads" which cannot produce eggs of course, or estrogen, or androgens. Their pubic hair is often sparse. They usually do not have ovaries.

Argentbear

If the details of the word were agreed upon by everyone, justification would not be necessary. With this word, I don't think the details of the word are agreed upon
There are people who disagree because of their political and/or prejudicial views. That isn't going to change the meaning of the word

Kfox

I don't accept that you don't like. That is subjective, not real, not objective and not empircal. Only objective facts and science. Nothing subjective that can't be known as a fact with science
I’m explaining why I prefer one method over the other; of course the choice is subjective; I never said it wasn’t.
That is irrelavent is not objective, real and empirical. Now you are subjective again. Only facts, not your subjective thoughts. When will you learn that to be objective???
In this case, objectivity is not necessary.
By that standard non-binary is correct as it doesn't matter if it's imaginary, as long as it sounds reasonable to the people involved in the conversation.
But when I am involved in the conversation, the only way it can sound reasonable is if I can ask for clarification and get answers. Getting information from a link does not allow for this type of clarification.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I’m explaining why I prefer one method over the other; of course the choice is subjective; I never said it wasn’t.

In this case, objectivity is not necessary.

But when I am involved in the conversation, the only way it can sound reasonable is if I can ask for clarification and get answers. Getting information from a link does not allow for this type of clarification.

And you subjectively decide when it is the case for all humans. You think that your subjectivity is relevant for all humans and that it allows you to delcare other humans' subjectivity irrelavant, when it is a case of different subjectivity and not objectivity,

For the one below the bold, there you are subjective again because it suits you. You are really big on your double standard of only your subjecitvity counts as relevent.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
go do a search on "WPATH files"
On March 4th 2024, right-wing activist and author Michael Shellenberger released what he calls “the WPATH Files” – a series of heavily decontextualised screenshots of chats from the internal forums of the WPATH – the World Professional Association for Transgender Health.​
The report is hosted on the website of Environmental Progress as an analysis by Mia Hughes, where the screenshots are preceded by over 35,000 words of what can only be politely described as an editorial rant from Shellenberger. Overcome by an inflated sense of self-importance, the report terms itself a “groundbreaking medical scandal”. Perusing through the report makes it clear that there is no “scandal” – the actual screenshots are medical professions discussing edge cases in gender-affirming healthcare concerning fertility, libido, and fatality risks – as is common in ALL fields of medicine.​

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
@McBell - instead of taking someone else's word for it, why don't you look at these documents and videos for yourself.

I have, and it's clear to me, thinking on my own, that WPATH does bad medicine and bad science.

PureX

Veteran Member
Even with the overwhelming evidence of improved mental health and long term life satisfaction shown to be granted by puberty blockers?
Yes, even with. Because children and adolescents are not mature enough to make these decisions yet. They may be very happy with it as youngsters and then dearly regret it when they are older and wiser. Even young adults are still prone to this, but we have to set them free at some point.

Kathryn

On March 4th 2024, right-wing activist and author Michael Shellenberger released what he calls “the WPATH Files” – a series of heavily decontextualised screenshots of chats from the internal forums of the WPATH – the World Professional Association for Transgender Health.​
The report is hosted on the website of Environmental Progress as an analysis by Mia Hughes, where the screenshots are preceded by over 35,000 words of what can only be politely described as an editorial rant from Shellenberger. Overcome by an inflated sense of self-importance, the report terms itself a “groundbreaking medical scandal”. Perusing through the report makes it clear that there is no “scandal” – the actual screenshots are medical professions discussing edge cases in gender-affirming healthcare concerning fertility, libido, and fatality risks – as is common in ALL fields of medicine.​

I tried reading this but had a very hard time getting past the "racist fearmongering" terminology they used. It's a hot spot for me so I immediately clicked on it but did not see any racist fearmongering going on on the site it took me to. I clicked on other links as well, to find nothing alarming. I mean, thank you for the links, I guess.But eventually I just gave up on reading through it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
@McBell - instead of taking someone else's word for it, why don't you look at these documents and videos for yourself.

I have, and it's clear to me, thinking on my own, that WPATH does bad medicine and bad science.
I did.
Back when it and the debunked CASS report were your go to "ace in the hole" in the other thread.

Wasn't impressed with it then either.

Argentbear

go do a search on "WPATH files"
Been there done that.

Right-wing activist Michael Shellenberger released what he " “the WPATH Files” – a series of heavily decontextualised screenshots of chats from the internal forums of the WPATH – the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. The chats were discussion of edge cases in gender-affirming healthcare concerning fertility, libido, and fatality risks . In medicine is a hypothetical scenario of something, that should not be considered when forming an opinion about it. Shellenberger falsely claimed that these hypotheticals were actual cases. The screen shots are preceded by over 35,000 words of what can only be politely described as an editorial rant from Shellenberger

so basically these WPATH files are nothing more than risk assessment and training scenarios that Shellenberger lies about.

Kathryn

Been there done that.

Right-wing activist Michael Shellenberger released what he " “the WPATH Files” – a series of heavily decontextualised screenshots of chats from the internal forums of the WPATH – the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. The chats were discussion of edge cases in gender-affirming healthcare concerning fertility, libido, and fatality risks . In medicine is a hypothetical scenario of something, that should not be considered when forming an opinion about it. Shellenberger falsely claimed that these hypotheticals were actual cases. The screen shots are preceded by over 35,000 words of what can only be politely described as an editorial rant from Shellenberger

so basically these WPATH files are nothing more than risk assessment and training scenarios that Shellenberger lies about.
Read what I said about trying to research the WPATH files.

Argentbear

Yes, even with. Because children and adolescents are not mature enough to make these decisions yet. They may be very happy with it as youngsters and then dearly regret it when they are older and wiser. Even young adults are still prone to this, but we have to set them free at some point.
part of that evidence is that there is no long term regret.