• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was heading to become a female gender wise, I would wear bracelets, color my nails, wear girly stuff and one day I was even thinking it was cool to like same sex and pinched a guy's butt in grade 3. My parents gave me a big talk, I trusted them, left that mood, and didn't pursue it.

If it was during these dark times, I probably would've argued with my parents and school would've supported me against parents.

Sad reality we live when kids don't trust parents advice anymore. I'm glad I'm a straight and identify with the same gender as my body.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I just think young people should wait a little bit regarding big decisions
That doesn't answer my question.
What makes you think you know better than medical researchers and healthcare providers?
To go a steo further, how do you know better than the individual being treated?
Amd do you have any idea how many big decisions we thrust on kids amd expect them to know before they graduate high school? Quite a few things, actually.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
That doesn't answer my question.
What makes you think you know better than medical researchers and healthcare providers?
To go a steo further, how do you know better than the individual being treated?
My opinion is that kids and young adults should wait a little bit in regards to big decisions.

Shadow Wolf

My opinion is that kids and young adults should wait a little bit in regards to big decisions.
Young adults?
We already let them make big decisions. Military. College. Career path. Marriage. Driving. It's a norm to let them do big decisions. Even before they graduate highschool.
So to add to the questions, why single out a decision that requires time and medical guidance and supervision? After all, if Little Johnny wants to go kill people and get his body ripped apart by an explosive device we tell him were proud and it requires no counseling. But if Little Johnny says he identifies as a girl and wants to be called Joan, something that will require counseling for medical treatment, then you have a problem?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Young adults?
We already let them make big decisions. Military. College. Career path. Marriage. Driving. It's a norm to let them do big decisions. Even before they graduate highschool.
So to add to the questions, why single out a decision that requires time and medical guidance and supervision? After all, if Little Johnny wants to go kill people and get his body ripped apart by an explosive device we tell him were proud and it requires no counseling. But if Little Johnny says he identifies as a girl and wants to be called Joan, something that will require counseling for medical treatment, then you have a problem?
My opinion remains

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Young adults?
So to add to the questions, why single out a decision that requires time and medical guidance and supervision? After all, if Little Johnny wants to go kill people and get his body ripped apart by an explosive device we tell him we’re proud and it requires no counseling. But if Little Johnny says he identifies as a girl and wants to be called Joan, something that will require counseling for medical treatment, then you have a problem?
All these things you mention should be thought out carefully as well.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, again, what makes you think you know better than the experts and those being treated?

And yet they get a pass.
You can always change your mind about those decisions or alternate the path. You can get divorced, change career, etc, but with sex change, at a young age if done you are stuck with it.

rocala

I am sure that in some regards (looking at my own life), that there is wisdom in what you say King Phenomenon. The divorce rates, crime statistics, numerous suicides and data on messed up career paths show this. But, will they listen, and how often will the original wish be correct?

Nobody is claiming a perfect answer, but I truly believe that our best option is to be there with good non-judgemental advice and to see that people get first-rate information and support so that they can work through the issues and make a balanced decision.

Shadow Wolf

You can always change your mind about those decisions or alternate the path. You can get divorced, change career, etc, but with sex change, at a young age if done you are stuck with it.
So what makes you think you know better than the experts you're telling water is wet?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And?

How do YOU define the two terms?

I don't think there are any solid, useful definitions. I think these terms were popularized by activists and now lots of people use them without really understanding how slippery they are.

For example, I think that often when people use the term, they'd be better off using the word "personality". For example, a tomboy is a sort of personality type, because you can't really tie a tomboy down to a gender.

Kfox

The sad truth is, it isn't up to the individual who is just trying to express themselves and be who they are. Instead, other humans around you will put upon labels whether they fit you or not or whether you want them or not. That's very hurtful to deal with and go through.
But if the labels they put upon you are factually correct, why can't you just accept people are gonna see you for who you truly are?