• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Age Is Acceptable To Identify As The Opposite Sex?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't think there are any solid, useful definitions. I think these terms were popularized by activists and now lots of people use them without really understanding how slippery they are.

For example, I think that often when people use the term, they'd be better off using the word "personality". For example, a tomboy is a sort of personality type, because you can't really tie a tomboy down to a gender.
again, how do YOU define them?

If you can not/will not offer up a definition, why should anyone pay any attention to your whining about the definitions given?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
But if the labels they put upon you are factually correct, why can't you just accept people are gonna see you for who you truly are?
Does not matter in the least little bit how you see yourself.
People are going to put on you the labels they will put on you.
Your permission or acceptance is completely irrelevant.

Kfox

WTF does that have to do with gender?

I sincerely hope you do think them the same thing.
He/She are also biological terms. So if somebody uses a pronoun you don't identify with gender wise, perhaps they aren't referring to your gender, perhaps they are referring to your biology.

Kfox

Does not matter in the least little bit how you see yourself.
People are going to put on you the labels they will put on you.
Your permission or acceptance is completely irrelevant.
Welcome to the real world.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
again, how do YOU define them?

If you can not/will not offer up a definition, why should anyone pay any attention to your whining about the definitions given?
Okay THAT was one of the most illogical things I've heard in a long time!

In your world is it only useful to criticize an idea when you have a solution? If that was how the world worked science would be positively hobbled.

i told you, I'm open to hearing a solid, useful definition. Many people in this thread have used the term, why won't anyone define what they mean when they choose to use it? No one is forcing them to use it, correct?

Kfox

So you don't know how a medical transition works or how pirates lost an eye or a leg, and you ignored where I pointed out a medical transition is lengthy and guided.
My point is, there is a reason we don't allow 4 year olds to make life altering decisions

Argentbear

I don't think there are any solid, useful definitions. I think these terms were popularized by activists and now lots of people use them without really understanding how slippery they are.

For example, I think that often when people use the term, they'd be better off using the word "personality". For example, a tomboy is a sort of personality type, because you can't really tie a tomboy down to a gender.
Define "tomboy" without referencing to biological sex or gender norms

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Well, your standard is in the end objective evidence. So you have to give objective evidence that the field we are debating is relevant for objective evidence only and that you only give objective evidence yourself.
As it stands what you think is not relevantif it doesn't have objective evidence. You have to give objective evidence that only solid, useful defintions are relevant, because those are possible with objective evidence.

In effect you are apply a double standard of what makes sense you if it is without objective evidence, but you demand it for us.
My point is what my gender is my first person experince of what it feels like to be a gender. And that is true and real, but it has no objective evidence, because it is how I feel.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
He/She are also biological terms. So if somebody uses a pronoun you don't identify with gender wise, perhaps they aren't referring to your gender, perhaps they are referring to your biology.

Yeah, they run around and strip people naked and check their external biological sex. Then they perform a field DNA test and instantly know the biological sex.
It is written into the US law that you are allowed to test people like that at any time and you don't have to rely on how they look as per gender. You never ever refer to somebody based on their gender as per non-biological external clothing and so on.

In effect yopu are not a mechanic but a field biologist and that is your life to test people for their sex. ;)