• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Does anyone do multiplay?
Pretty much only if I can mute everyone. I don't like all the whiners, all the haters, and all the loud mouthed jerks, and it isn't really that much fun playing with someones whose nearly every other word to come out of their mouth is f***. There are also cheaters, like this one time when I was playing Mechwarrior 3 and was getting blasted by missiles someone was shooting from the other side of the map. Disconnectors also become an annoyance after awhile.
I also wonder if the recent controversy about the women complaining about gamers hating women realize these groups hate everyone and will make threats to kill you just for messing up their streak? Blacks, gays, winners, loosers, the small portion of gamers that are an immature, loud, and obnoxious cesspool really ruin it for everyone.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Pretty much only if I can mute everyone. I don't like all the whiners, all the haters, and all the loud mouthed jerks, and it isn't really that much fun playing with someones whose nearly every other word to come out of their mouth is f***. There are also cheaters, like this one time when I was playing Mechwarrior 3 and was getting blasted by missiles someone was shooting from the other side of the map. Disconnectors also become an annoyance after awhile.
I also wonder if the recent controversy about the women complaining about gamers hating women realize these groups hate everyone and will make threats to kill you just for messing up their streak? Blacks, gays, winners, loosers, the small portion of gamers that are an immature, loud, and obnoxious cesspool really ruin it for everyone.
chin up :) its not that bad lol

i just mute all the kids , then hunt them down ingame lol

Shadow Wolf

i just mute all the kids , then hunt them down ingame lol
I've done my fair share of hunting. But with everyone muted, not only do I not have to hear the stupid, I don't have to hear crying babies, arguing couples, or get annoyed when a team mate is hitting the bong instead of playing (it's easier when you can easily pass it off as lag/bad connection). And then there are those who use a voice changer to make their voice so deep it's turns what they say into grumbled gibberish, or a high pitched squawk.
And if it's not what's being said, it's the players themselves. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time I played the battlegrounds on WOW and watched as a team mate stood by and done nothing as I was fighting someone, some of them have even just stood there after I asked them for help. Even if I was carrying the flag, they wouldn't do anything unless I died and dropped it.
I used to like Star Craft though, especially because I was pretty good at it and could solo and not have to worry about a team mate screwing it up. And then it hit this really weird phase where everyone thought that "carries = instant win," which got really boring because I could almost always count on Protoss players dumping a huge amount of resources and upgrades into carriers that could easily be destroyed for a fraction of the cost.

I think I'm gonna get back into Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. I used to be on the leader board for several maps, and if I can get the equipment to drop again (I lost the good gear that I finally got when my first PS3 unexpectedly died), I may try to get back on it. It's also a good study break game since most maps, once you know your way around, only take <5-10 minutes, and their are glitches that let you hack off a huge chunk of time for the two longer maps.

Shadow Wolf

Castlevania: HD, in local co-op I (actually my ex and I) went from number 1 on Chapter 2, down to 18, which isn't too bad since that score was set three or four years ago. As for single player my best is now 69 on Chapter 2. I've got a lot of catching up to do though if I'm gonna get back to the top 10 on any one map again. I need to try it though before the game goes offline so I'll be up there for good.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Castlevania: HD, in local co-op I (actually my ex and I) went from number 1 on Chapter 2, down to 18, which isn't too bad since that score was set three or four years ago. As for single player my best is now 69 on Chapter 2. I've got a lot of catching up to do though if I'm gonna get back to the top 10 on any one map again. I need to try it though before the game goes offline so I'll be up there for good.
man you can talk lol

For those interested in wargames I suggest TACOPS 4, it seems a civilian computer version of the Dunn Kempf rules system- it may be too boring for some.

Shadow Wolf

I've been in a Megaman mood lately, particularly the X series. I've also wanted to get around to playing Megaman Legends 2, in which I'd have to play the first one again because it's been so many years since I've last played it I don't really remember anything about it, except for what Tron Bon looks like because she's on Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Shadow Wolf

Got myself Metal Gear Solid 5: "something"

The game looks promising and very well done for PC.
I was looking at that. But it's already been drawn out, and Solid Snake's aging process should've made him a dinosaur by now.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Got myself Metal Gear Solid 5: "something"

The game looks promising and very well done for PC.

Well... you got ripped off. It's a $30 demo, with enough content to fill an hour or so, from what I've heard.

Shadow Wolf

Well... you got ripped off. It's a $30 demo, with enough content to fill an hour or so, from what I've heard.
I'll probably end up getting it myself just because it will be the last time Kojima will be involved with the series. It is a remarkable series (even going clear back to Metal Gear), but it's been over done, the plot stretched too far, and it's almost gotten to a Shamalan-esque cliche of endings. Although no video game villain has gotten to me like Psycho Mantis. Even just his image on IV was almost enough to make give up not wanting to have to go through with another frustrating series of "I can read your mind" until I finally figure out the new way to beat him. And the first time I played Metal Gear Solid one and Mantis said to me"You like Castlevania, don't you?", it left an impression (I've always loved how that game talks to and for you).

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I'll probably end up getting it myself just because it will be the last time Kojima will be involved with the series. It is a remarkable series (even going clear back to Metal Gear), but it's been over done, the plot stretched too far, and it's almost gotten to a Shamalan-esque cliche of endings. Although no video game villain has gotten to me like Psycho Mantis. Even just his image on IV was almost enough to make give up not wanting to have to go through with another frustrating series of "I can read your mind" until I finally figure out the new way to beat him. And the first time I played Metal Gear Solid one and Mantis said to me"You like Castlevania, don't you?", it left an impression (I've always loved how that game talks to and for you).

I started with the Twin Snakes remake for GC, so my equivalent was him saying, "You like The Legend of Zelda, don't you?" ^_^

I ended up stopping after Snake Eater, because I never got a PS3, and was counting on it eventually getting ported to another console... and never did. First I've heard it being the last time Kojima works on it, though.

But MGS5 is really just a demo for an upcoming game.

Shadow Wolf

I ended up stopping after Snake Eater, because I never got a PS3, and was counting on it eventually getting ported to another console... and never did. First I've heard it being the last time Kojima works on it, though.
IV is a very different MGS. A shop, a few maps rather than an intro and main area, in the middle of several active war zones, even one part where you're walking out in a city blending in instead of remaining hidden. I consider it my least favorite in the series.
As for Kojima, I forget where I read it, but he's been talking about the future of Metal Gear that doesn't include him for awhile. He even said not to be surprised at contradictions because the series was never intended to go on for this long.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Been playing battlefield 4 on PS3. Really loved it - good story, good characters and brilliant level design.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
DGI is huge... I spent probably 30+ hours and still so much more to do. I took a break and started the multiplayer and now I'm hooked on it. Got my money's worth for sho.

Yep, I'm taking a little break from it as well. Got a couple of other games taking some time, and my gaming time is pretty limited at the moment.
But the size of the world/game is immense, and I have enjoyed it to this point.

Baladas

An Págánach
PC:
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Xbox 360:
Bound by Flame
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
The Raven

Shadow Wolf

On D3 I am now Paragon 100 on both PC and PS3.
I've also been playing a bunch of PS1 games.