• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
This is the best with some rice...............balut.....................duck embryo boiled.
balut.jpg

Here's a better pic

Mmm... macaroni and cheese from the box... topped with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and steamed broccoli! :D

Mmm... carbohydrates and cheese flavoured powder! :D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
IMG_2696.jpg

And for tonight. after Yoga class.

The Locusts!

IMG_2698.jpg

Locusts2.jpg

Locust: Release me!

Dan: I know there is much to learn from each other if we can make a truce. We can find a way to Co-exist. can there be a peace between us?

Locust: Peace? NO PEACE!

Dan: What is it you want us to do?

Locust: Die... Die.

Dan: I'll be seeing you in the kitchen later. and you can say hello to the garlic and the butter.

*Dan reenacting Independence day (1996, Holywood at its best)*
7 minutes ago · Like ·

IMG_2711.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Well I've made a fine and modest lunch for myself rich with protein and enzymes a couple of hours before Yoga class.

Simple way to prepare locusts.

Boil the water to soften the locusts, until they turn brown.
add salt.
Put olive oil, butter, in a frying pan (I added a bit of onions for flavour). and fry the locusts with the basic ingredients. excluding of course the water in which their were boiled.

IMG_2712.jpg

On line recipes available. stretching all the way from Africa to Saudi Arabia.

IMG_2715.jpg

You should have taken my peace offer.

IMG_2719.jpg

Boil the water to soften the locusts, until they turn brown.
add salt.

IMG_2731.jpg

Put olive oil, butter, in a frying pan (I added a bit of onions for flavour). and fry the locusts with the basic ingredients. excluding of course the water in which their were boiled.

IMG_2737.jpg

Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

From the Hebrew Bible (Leviticus)

The locust, a type of grasshopper. is perhaps the only insect which is part of the dietary traditions of Judaism and Islam.

Locustsdish.jpg

All ready to be served.

IMG_2743.jpg

And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

The gospel of Matthew introducing John the baptist.

Locustdippedinhoney.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yes... I remember eating them when they were just boiled, and we had to individually crack their heads and tails to eat them...

Which is why since six years ago, I have become vegetarian. :rolleyes:
Are you kidding me? they are delicious as hell. as most of the gifts of nature.

Are you kidding me? they are delicious as hell. as most of the gifts of nature.

When I looked into those beady black dead eyes, and cracked their head and tails as they stared at me, a little part of my soul died at 1o years old.

:drool: Vegetarian food is much tastier!

Bismillah

Submit
Never had Prawns but have heard they have a muddy taste, do locusts have a mineral texture Caladan?

If so it would be intriguing to think of how locusts from various regions would differ, all about the subtleties after all.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Never had Prawns but have heard they have a muddy taste, do locusts have a mineral texture Caladan?

If so it would be intriguing to think of how locusts from various regions would differ, all about the subtleties after all.

Hi Bismilla,

A study by the College of agricultural sciences of the King Saud University, shows that the texture and composition of locusts, and in this case desert locusts, contain high protein (22.04%), low fat (11.5%). The ash was 3.6% and different amounts of potassium, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc were present. Essential amino acids were present too.
Iodine number was higher than that of animal fat but closer to some vegetable oils. Percentage of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids were 43.6% and 53.5%, respectively, with palmiteic, oleic and linolenic acids were the most abundant fatty acids. Cholesterol (286 mg/100 gm) was high compared to that in meat and poultry.
The high protein and low fat contents, and high oleic and linolenic fatty acids (omega-3) can make desert locust of nutritional importance to those who don't have high blood cholesterol.

Full summery is here: Desert Locust (Schistocerca gregaria): Proximate Composition, Physiochemical Characteristics of Lipids, Fatty Acids anCholesterol Contents and Nutritional Value of Proteind

Last edited:
Melted cheese of toast with bits of shredded ham on it for breakfast (I woke up late today) and I'm thinking about tuna mayonaise for lunch.