• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've been working on a few basic pescetarian recipes. Ever since I've started experimenting with removing certain things from my diet and adding certain other things, I've had to eliminate some recipes and add some new ones.

-Baked wild-caught Alaskan salmon with lemon juice, Italian herbs, black pepper and a touch of coconut oil, served with a heaping choice of vegetables such as broccoli or green beans.

-Baked wild-caught pacific cod with the same stuff as the salmon. Basically an identical but inferior recipe.

-Vegetable and tofu stir fry served over rice. I use coconut oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and vegetables such as broccoli, red peppers, bean sprouts, and others.

-Pasta with tomato sauce (organic tomato puree plus a mix of Italian herbs and fresh garlic, along with a large side salad of greens, spinach, carrots, bean sprouts, other vegetables, and olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

cirilag

i eat veggies. i am a vegetarian. With this good diet, i am healthy. I dont get sick most of the time. They really help you get stronger and go on with your work

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
country_tavern03.JPG

Country Tavern Ribs - best ribs I've ever tasted!

Mmm… Ribs (Country Tavern in Kilgore) « Donna Cooks

countrytavern1.jpg

The Country Tavern, we’re told, has been around for at least 30 years. There’s a nice exact figure for the history books. The place used to be a total dive, a rowdy honky tonk with a cramped dance floor and a worn out pool table. After a tragic car accident, Country Tavern took on new ownership and cosmetic updates a few years ago. Country Tavern is no longer a dingy dark warehouse, but the essence of the haphazardly thrown-together watering hole is still there. Smoking is now only allowed at the bar and not at the tables. A newer pool table accompanies the jukebox in the bar area.
There’s no menu at the Country Tavern. And even though the kitchen offers other items (namely brisket and sausage), everyone knows Country Tavern is a ribs and draft kind of joint. No beer for us on this visit, we had a long drive back to Dallas after dinner. We started off with a large rib plate ($17) and two glasses of sweet tea.
countrytavern2.jpg

It’s a standard Texas order of ribs, forgettable potato salad, white bread, and pickle slices. The sauce is warmed in the bottle and brought out with your order. East Texas BBQ follows the tradition of pork and sauce focused Arkansas and Tennesee BBQ rather than beef-heavy sauce-free Central Texas BBQ (with the exception of brisket, though brisket in East Texas is typically consumed with BBQ sauce). Country Tavern’s sweet, thick sauce is no exception to the rule. Instead of a “no sauce needed” attitude, the focus here is on the slightly tangy, sweet sauce.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Thai food, nom. I always eat Thai curries because I like Indian curry and dislike peanuts in my food. Any recommendations beyond the curries?

pwfaith

In the same vein of the "what are you listening to/watching/playing" threads...here we have "What are you eating?"

So? What is that snack you're munching on? What's for dinner? Do tell.

Currently I am eating Puffy Oven Pancakes - we all got up really late :)

What's for supper. I don't know yet, I'm making my grocery list as we speak and heading to the store as soon as I get out of my PJ's. Probably pizza though.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm about to eat a HoneyCrisp apple and some cheddar cheese, and then in a bit my husband is going to mix up some KGBs (Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and Baileys with shaved ice) for New Years.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Today I gorged on delicious human souls. And apples.

Actually I just kind of ate the same regular stuff. Apples, carrots, walnuts, tofu/veggie stir fry, some potatoes, dark chocolate, and I've been eating some salmon.

gnomon

Today I gorged on delicious human souls. And apples.

Actually I just kind of ate the same regular stuff. Apples, carrots, walnuts, tofu/veggie stir fry, some potatoes, dark chocolate, and I've been eating some salmon.

Well it is easier to pass those souls with apples.

An apple a day keeps the angels away.

Or something like that.

croak

Trickster
I survived on a bowl of cereal yesterday, and the day before that....

I should really have an actual meal today. :p

EDIT: I think I had yogurt and jam with bread when I ate one of those bowls, so I guess I'm not totally starving. ;)

Last edited: