• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Turkey barley, with peas. It's usually beef barley, but there was some leftover turkey.

Mmmm. Barley. I made a veggie soup yesterday and really wanted barley but didn't have any (I've never actually cooked with it before). I served it with little shell noodles instead.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I just had homemade yogurt with homemade granola and chia seeds mixed into it, and real maple syrup drizzled over it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I can get it down to 207 calories if i don't top it with anything.

If it makes a pretty good size serving i can always half and share it.

Last edited:

Kathryn

I am on a natural food tear! Let me tell you what I've made today!

First of all, I started my day with homemade granola that I ate smothered in fresh, creamy kefir that I also made. (If you're curious, ask me - it's a fantastic probiotic food.) I stirred in some chia seeds -they're good for you and they are also a natural appetite suppressant. I ate breakfast at 6 am and it's 7 hours later and I'm still pleasantly full - but I've also been snacking just a little on my (tada...)

HOMEMADE CHEESE!

Yep, I just made cheese for the first time and it's amazing and so delicious. I wish I could throw a little fete for everyone on RF and serve you some with some crackers and a glass of good vino! Let me tell you how easy it is.

You bring four cups of milk to nearly a boil. Let it cool to about room temperature. Add 1/4 vinegar. This will cause the milk to curdle in about five minutes. Fold a piece of cheesecloth triple thickness (you can get cheesecloth at healthfood stores and probably even WalMart). Put a strainer over a glass bowl and drape the cheesecloth in it. Then pour the curdled milk into the cheesecloth. Whey will drip through. You can speed it up by gently lifting the corners of the cheesecloth and twisting it to squeeze out the liquid whey. Let it drip and squeeze it off and on for about 1/2 an hour. Soon you will have a lovely soft white cheese which you can scrape into a glass bowl. It should be about 1/2 a cup or so.

Drizzle a teaspoon of good olive oil over the cheese and a pinch of sea salt. Sprinkle whatever herbs you like over it and then mix it all together. Taste it - YUMMY! Press it into a small jar or container and it will keep at least a week. It spreads like cream cheese.

You could also mix it with a jelly instead of salt and olive oil and spread it on bagels.

FANTASTIC!

The whey can be used for all sorts of things - it's very healthy.

The great thing is - NO ADDITIVES. Easy and delicious. I'm thinking that this would make a great little hostess gift too, for a party.

Kathryn

Oh, I also made pickled ginger today. That was also SUPER easy. If you like ginger, it's very healthy and simple. Just slice fresh ginger (about two pieces about the size of your palm) into slivers or thin slices. Boil one cup of water. Mix in 1/2 cup of rice vinegar, two tablespoons of sugar, and a half teaspoon of sea salt. Pour over the sliced ginger and be sure it's all covered. Let it sit at room temperature for one hour and then refrigerate. Great with sushi or just as a snack or garnish.

Ginger is also really good for tummy upsets and your digestion in general.

Kathryn

But kefir is DA BOMB. I'm totally hooked. And my kombucha is almost ready too. I'm really excited about that.