• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you eating?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I just finished brewing my first batch of KOMBUCHA - and it turned out terrific! It takes about a week to brew, so thank goodness I got seven bottles out of the first batch. That's one a day. GO, ME!

395537_10150809479679377_792524376_12670215_50221401_n.jpg

Wannabe Yogi

I just finished brewing my first batch of KOMBUCHA - and it turned out terrific! It takes about a week to brew, so thank goodness I got seven bottles out of the first batch. That's one a day. GO, ME!

395537_10150809479679377_792524376_12670215_50221401_n.jpg

Have you had some ? Did it give you a buzz? To get the buzz drink on empty stomach. You do understand this makes you the only libertarian hippy I know.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Have you had some ? Did it give you a buzz? To get the buzz drink on empty stomach. You do understand this makes you the only libertarian hippy I know.

I've had it before but not a whole bottle of my own yet. I'm letting it sit out for one more day in the bottles before I chill it and down it.

But yet, the other kombucha I had did give me a slight buzz!

I was raised to be a hippie! My parents raised me in the country after my dad got out of the military. We raised our own rabbits, our own chickens, had a big organic garden, ground our own wheat, made our own wine, baked our own bread from scratch - you name it.

Hey, my parents are libertarians too - and so is my daughter and her family. In fact, my daughter is even a bigger hippie than I am. So there are at least 9 libertarian hippies in the world. Probably more.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Summer sausage and cheddar English muffin sandwich and some Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Wheat thins.

badger

Hwít éoredmæcg
Today being Maha Shivaratri, I decided to celebrate with my Gurkha friends in spirit even though I'm a few thousand miles away at the moment.

Tonight's meal ....

Kwati (bean soup)
Lamb Masu (curried meat with gravy) with Sag and Bhat (mustard greens and rice)
For Dessert - Sikarni (yoghurt-type curd mixed with dried fruits)

Indigestion tablets for breakfast tomorrow, I think!

Kathryn

I just made this:

3872104504_196de61240.jpg

Kimchi

But I can't eat it for 3 or 4 more days. It has to sit and ferment.

Right now I am eating some fantastic vegetable soup - homemade and packed with just about every veggie from bok choy to chili peppers! It is fantastic, if I do say so myself!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Southwestern style vegetable soup (Campbell's Select Light), fat free Club crackers and some sharp cheddar cheese. Sounded really low cal til I hit the cheese huh? I can't give up my cheese. :p

Kathryn

It must be an Asian conspiracy - why are the sweet potatoes from Asian markets so much better than the ones in the "regular" grocery store?

I swear, I didn't even have to put any butter on this baby. A little sea salt and I was set - it's DELICIOUS!

I eat every thing like fish, fruits, vegetables, fast foods and spice foods items..
I like fruits and meat because i need vitamins. I'm a bodybuilder and want to build strong muscles...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathryn

WOW, I just learned how to make pho (a Vietnamese/Thai soup) and wow, is it FANTASTIC and one of the easiest things I've ever made!

Also, low fat, full of healthy veggies, and the hot stuff in it (you can make it with kimchee, and/or chili paste and/or hot pepper paste) is really good for you too.

After you cook it - and the entire preparation time takes literally less than ten minutes - you add lime juice, fresh cilantro,basil, chili pepper flakes or sauce, sliced avocado, and bean sprouts - or any combo of them you like.

Fresh bok choy and tomatoes and scallions are fantastic in it.

TASTE SENSATION!

How-to-Make-Pho.jpg

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Um, are we gonna get a recipe for that, or are you just gonna make us drool over the yummy photo?

Kathryn

Um, are we gonna get a recipe for that, or are you just gonna make us drool over the yummy photo?

Oh, my bad! It's super easy, but you do need to make a trip to the Asian grocery store for best results. I made up my own recipe so here goes:

Get some of this stuff (any version of it will do - some say "pho soup base" or "Thai pho soup mix" - it's the broth mix and beef or pork based are both good).

VV Foods Cot Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Flavored Soup Base), 10-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

This one is too expensive online - I just buy mine at the asian market. Anyway, here's another one:

VV Foods Canh Chua Thai (Tom Yum Soup Base), 10-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

51ZLXxOU1kL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

While you're at the Asian market, buy some kimchee, unless you make your own (I do, and if you want a recipe for that, I can get it to you - it's FABULOUS and easy to make and once you put it in the jars it lasts a long time).

Kimchi - Authentic Korean Pickled Cabbage - Fresh (1 LB) - Sale(Limited Time): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

519BIwZ%2BOHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You will also need some of this:

Huy Fong - Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce 17 Oz.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

31lfX8odCJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(this stuff is amazing - but very hot, so ease into it!)

I also like this stuff too:
CJ Haechandle Vinegared Hot Pepper Paste 300g 10.58oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
41PkU%2BuR2zL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You need these:

Thai Kitchen Thin Rice Noodles, 8.8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

41MxeEHjcNL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

But all of this specialty Asian stuff is TOO EXPENSIVE on Amazon - if you have a half way decent Asian market you can get it there for cheap, cheap, cheap.

Next, buy some bok choy - or if you can't find any, just get some more cabbage, and some fresh scallions, and chop them up pretty fine.

Chunk up some nice, ripe, fresh tomatoes.

Chop up some fresh basil and some fresh cilantro.

Slice a lime into wedges.

Wash some bean sprouts.

You can add sliced pork or beef (thinly sliced and browned) if you like but personally, I love this without any meat. Shrimp is good in it too if you insist on being a carnivore!

OK, all you do is heat the broth to boiling (usually two teaspoons to each two cups of water - I usually mix up about six cups of water for two people). When it's boiling, throw in the kimchee, cabbage/bok choy/scallions/tomatoes. Let that boil for about five minutes. Add the rice noodles. ONLY LET THEM BOIL FOR ABOUT FOUR MINUTES or they get gummy.

Remove from heat. Ladle into a bowl. Add the sririacha/Chili paste and hot pepper paste to taste. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and basil and bean sprouts on top. Squirt with fresh lime.

ENJOY! It is so good you won't even believe it!

Do not be tempted to put things like carrots and celery in it - or you'll end up with something that tastes like beef stew and I don't think that's the taste you're wanting. Pho has a very fresh, invigorating, spicy taste that really dances on your tongue - think about the hotness, then the freshness of basil and cilantro, then the punch of that fresh lime - YUM!