• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you playing?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I'm trying to decide what game I want to play next... ;)

videogames.jpg

*Wets self*

rojse

RF Addict
Though I haven't done it yet, the character has to appeal to a Dark Assembly. They have to offer proposals and have them passed through this committee. The character can just offer the proposals, bribe the Demon Senators or pursuade them by force. As interesting as this gameplay sounds, it just may be a little too political for my tastes.

I have had to do a lot of research on this game because I bought it used and it didn't come with a manual. I have been reading reviews but I haven't found a site that features an online user manual. Many of the reviews that I read for Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness also boast over a hundred hours of gameplay. As complicated as the aspects are in this game, I am going to stick with it and I have a feeling I will eventually learn to enjoy it.

There is an introduction at the start of the game, which should explain things enough without requiring a manual.

I won't argue about the political aspects of the game, but once you actually play the game, you will see that the Dark Assembly is not too political at all, it merely is a way of improving what you have available in the game without the traditional RPG requirements of reaching certain areas or the like.

cardero

Citizen Mod
There is an introduction at the start of the game, which should explain things enough without requiring a manual.

I won't argue about the political aspects of the game, but once you actually play the game, you will see that the Dark Assembly is not too political at all, it merely is a way of improving what you have available in the game without the traditional RPG requirements of reaching certain areas or the like.
The in-game tutorial doesn't seem like it will leave the playing hanging either. I'm about an hour and a half into it but I am looking foward to it. This is my first entry into the Disgaea series and it received many good reviews. Another RPG series I would like to explore would be Persona series by the same company.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm still playing Final Fantasy VIII. I made it all the way to disc four without knowing how to junction magic, because I never paid attention when they were explaining it... So then one day I was messing around and figured out how to junction magic... So I bet now I'll be able to win. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm still playing Final Fantasy VIII. I made it all the way to disc four without knowing how to junction magic, because I never paid attention when they were explaining it... So then one day I was messing around and figured out how to junction magic... So I bet now I'll be able to win. :D

DONE!!

I decided to go try to win it... and I did. :D I'm glad the ending wasn't horribly depressing like some of those Final Fantasy games can be... Now I just need to get my hands on Final Fantasy VII. (one that works)

rojse

RF Addict
DONE!!

I decided to go try to win it... and I did. :D I'm glad the ending wasn't horribly depressing like some of those Final Fantasy games can be... Now I just need to get my hands on Final Fantasy VII. (one that works)

The old Final Fantasy games are fairly pricey - have you considered emulation?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
DONE!!

That is the hardest one ever I think.

Oh and I have VII for the Playstation, just thought I would rub it in.

rojse

RF Addict
what is emulation??

Basically, old computer and console games can be made into ROMS, which are basically a copy of the original game in a more usable format. These ROMS can then played through an emulator, or a program that is designed to mimic an old console or computer. As most games have been made into ROMS, and these ROMS can be downloaded, this removes the necessity of owning the old consoles and old games, excepting legal reasons.

Obviously, there are some legal issues playing newer games through this method if you do not own the original disc (this varies between the console and game in question), and emulation does not work perfectly, but it is far cheaper than owning the original console, and the original game, and allows you to play games you might not otherwise be able to play.

A good example of this is where I converted the data on the PS1 Final Fantasy VII game that I own into a ROM, which I can now play on my PSP (which I modified to play PSP games). So now I can play FFVII on my PS2 or my PSP.;)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Rosje, I keep one PSP at the 1.0 format because someone made me a saving memory card that has alot of of these old ROMS (games) on it. I never upgraded this unit but instead use a newer PSP for playing PSP games. I haven't kept up with many PSP forums lately but do I still have to keep the old PSP at 1.0 or have they figured out how to use ROMS with higher upgraded PSPs?

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I stopped with L4d again. Awesome game but after you finished it, there is not much left.

I still find it fun to play through the campaigns again on co-op every once in a while. Have you played the versus mode? That's pretty fun (assuming the other team isn't using exploits or cheap tactics).

More people should be playing Team Fortress 2 in my opinion. Best game ever.

rojse

RF Addict
Rosje, I keep one PSP at the 1.0 format because someone made me a saving memory card that has alot of of these old ROMS (games) on it. I never upgraded this unit but instead use a newer PSP for playing PSP games. I haven't kept up with many PSP forums lately but do I still have to keep the old PSP at 1.0 or have they figured out how to use ROMS with higher upgraded PSPs?

I use a modified version of v3.40, called 3.40 OE-A - it has all of the features of 3.40, allows you to play all ROM games from PS1, SNES, and the like (excepting a couple of games with some technical issues, not a major problem with any games I have played so far), and also allows you to play PSP games that require a higher PSP version than 3.40.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Mega Man X Collection (PS2), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube), and Tony Hawk Underground 1 (PS2) and 2 (Gamecube). And Diablo 2: LOD (PC).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
what is emulation??
An emulator is a program that emulates a console. These are generally for cartridge based systems, although some do exist for disc based consoles. The ROMs are basically the games. ROMs are illegal though, unless you own an actual copy. If you don't, you can download them, but you are obligated to delete them within 24 hours.
They can be fun, especially for the very hard to find games that you just can't find, not even on Ebay, but they don't have the same feel to them.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I'm getting my replacement PS3 from Sony tomorrow.. whee. :D I an continue playing games. Only I forgot to backup my saves, so I gotta start all over again in all of them. :D

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
As my motherboard has received a new firmware again, back to Crysis!
Even though I really like that game, I only seem to use it for testing purpose only..