• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you playing?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Ssoooo.... Firmware seems stable. Back to Ra3 again and a newcomer(for me) Battlefield 2142..
PLayed BF2 a long time, but never got into 2142, so...checking it out..

So far, I prefer BF2 though..

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
So I just finished Final Fantasy 12 last week. Not as good as say, 7 but it's definitely just as good as it 10 or 9. I like the fact that they strayed away from the summon formula by using the Zodiac/Lucavi characters from Final Fantasy Tactics and made the orginal summons (Ifrit Shiva, Bahamut etc.) into warships. Nice new take on the series I think. My only complaint is that the game can be so brutally unforgiving at times. :eek:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
So I just finished Final Fantasy 12 last week. Not as good as say, 7 but it's definitely just as good as it 10 or 9. I like the fact that they strayed away from the summon formula by using the Zodiac/Lucavi characters from Final Fantasy Tactics and made the orginal summons (Ifrit Shiva, Bahamut etc.) into warships. Nice new take on the series I think. My only complaint is that the game can be so brutally unforgiving at times. :eek:

FF13 is going to be my first FF ever. I always rejected FF, but I feel I must now.
As a gamer I feel there are certain games you just need to have played once to know differences. FF was always one of them, but I never gave it time..

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
FF13 is going to be my first FF ever. I always rejected FF, but I feel I must now.
As a gamer I feel there are certain games you just need to have played once to know differences. FF was always one of them, but I never gave it time..
Don't fight it man, embrace it. :p

FF13 will be good no doubt (that's what I'm buying a PS3 for). If you ever get a chance until then, check out FF7 or FF6. Both are great. :) If you like Strategy RPG's, FF Tactics is a solid title as well.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB

FF13 will be good no doubt (that's what I'm buying a PS3 for). If you ever get a chance until then, check out FF7 or FF6. Both are great. :) If you like Strategy RPG's, FF Tactics is a solid title as well.

Yeah... I appear to be one of them graphics whores. I might have time for one FF, but definatelly not for 3. And as I have an XBOX 360, FF13 is all I'll get :p

rojse

RF Addict

Another Final Fantasy fan on here.

Coincidentally, I am currently playing FF7 right now. Great game so far, and it looks like being an interesting story, but not the prettiest of the franchise, by any means. Cutscenes are great, the background of the areas you explore are quite pretty, even by today's standards (even if the camera can't be rotated) but the characters are not the best looking, and the battle scenes are like an assault by polygons.

However, the original FF Tactics is far too slow and pondersome for my tastes, though - Disgaea is a far better SRPG, it's like FF Tactics on steroids and speed at the same time.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Anybody played the pc version of mirror's edge yet?
I might be planning on giving it a shot, but I am still thinking if I should go for the PC version or the XBOX360 version.
When it comes to running and jumping, a joypad might be nicer, but when it comes to being a first person game, I might prefer the mouse..
I did try the demo of the 360 allready and it was ok. Not super, just ok..

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Bouncing, Mirror's Edge is... so so.
I complete it in a day...

Not much replay value either.. :(

Some might like it, but I was hugely disappointed with it.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Bouncing, Mirror's Edge is... so so.
I complete it in a day...

Not much replay value either.. :(

Some might like it, but I was hugely disappointed with it.
The Demo gave me the same feeling..
I played it even just after I finished assasins creed and AC's free running felt better :D

But I am a sucker for conceptgames :eek:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I agree that M.E. is a so-so type game. If it was given to me as a gift I would play it.....only for the Achievements(I love Achievements ^_^) But not buying it though.
And I love A.C. running system. I just like that game though.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The Demo gave me the same feeling..
I played it even just after I finished assasins creed and AC's free running felt better :D

But I am a sucker for conceptgames :eek:
I'd say invest it in something better, it might be worth it - as well as that, you can get incredibly stuck, and incredibly irritated with it.

I hated Assassin's Creed in some respects. They really offended me with their "this game is made by a multi-cultural blah blah blah" - so why didn't they provide subtitles if they're so multicultural? Hypocrites. :D It's not cool to have to ask your wife what you have to do now. :D (And the ending sucked)

Concept games? What do you mean? :)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I'd say invest it in something better, it might be worth it - as well as that, you can get incredibly stuck, and incredibly irritated with it.
O, but I will invest in better as well ;)

I hated Assassin's Creed in some respects. They really offended me with their "this game is made by a multi-cultural blah blah blah" - so why didn't they provide subtitles if they're so multicultural? Hypocrites. :D It's not cool to have to ask your wife what you have to do now. :D (And the ending sucked)
The ending did suck. And the game was mostly the same over and over again, But I loved the graphics and the feeling during play gave you a freedom feeling. It had bad and good things, but this is one of those games " you need to play as gamer", even though it does not need to be the best game ever. :yes:

Concept games? What do you mean? :)

Games with new concepts in it.
Most of the times, these turn out to be real classics :D

Perfect example is the sims. Just doing normal stuff ws a new concept back then.
Lots of wiigames, because of the controls. The very first 3d fighting game, Katamari, guitar hero..

Actually all kind of games that are new in genre or new within it's genre

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
O, but I will invest in better as well ;)
Any ideas that are also for PS3? :D

The ending did suck. And the game was mostly the same over and over again, But I loved the graphics and the feeling during play gave you a freedom feeling. It had bad and good things, but this is one of those games " you need to play as gamer", even though it does not need to be the best game ever. :yes:
Once I complete it, I didn't play it again. I wonder if they're making a sequel.

Games with new concepts in it.
Most of the times, these turn out to be real classics :D

Perfect example is the sims. Just doing normal stuff ws a new concept back then.
Lots of wiigames, because of the controls. The very first 3d fighting game, Katamari, guitar hero..

Actually all kind of games that are new in genre or new within it's genre
Ohhh, I love those kind, too. :D
Never played Guitar Hero or Katamari, though. But it is nice to see something that hasn't been done before.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Any ideas that are also for PS3? :D
I am a microsoft fan-boy :D
I will be getting a PS3 game though, as I was highly addicted to God of War and well...
My friend won't buy, so we made a deal that I could use his PS3 if I would buy the game. And it will be worth it..:beach:

Once I complete it, I didn't play it again. I wonder if they're making a sequel.
There are plans for a sequel. And I pnly played it once as well. It was allready long enough on it's own ;)

Ohhh, I love those kind, too. :D
Never played Guitar Hero or Katamari, though. But it is nice to see something that hasn't been done before.
Really, if you never played Katamari before, there is an empty hole in your life! Get that game! It's simplistic, has stupid things in it, the same over and over again and you will love it!

rojse

RF Addict
If you never played Katamari before, there is an empty hole in your life! Get that game! It's simplistic, has stupid things in it, the same over and over again and you will love it!

I have been looking for We Love Katamari, and I cannot find it for love or money.