• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your opinions on Anti-Theism?

Thana

Lady
Um no, you are just making things up here

Mm, I don't think so :)

Yeah, Christianity is dying already http://www.wingia.com/web/files/news/14/file/14.pdf

It dies by 9% while non-theism rises by 3%. So again, don't worry because your faith is already dying with the liars and hateful fear mongers who wish only for the greatest calamities upon mankind.

Christianity being on the decline doesn't bother me, It's been prophesied after all.

Not in the slightest. Theism kills, promotes falsehood, ruins the essence of morality and rids mankind of itself and the natural world.

Theism promotes bigotry. Through religion theism promotes the idea that infidels should be killed and others should be rid of their culture(religion) and denied hope.
Theists like to use Communism to refute this but a political ideology comprising of atheists is as irrelevant as pointing out the fact that many Christians are white or black. Through this logic you are stating that whiteness or blackness is the cause of Christianity.

I understand as a Christian you have only a mind of hate but like any mind it can be influenced and brought to understand an opinion if not too entrenched in denialism. This Denialism is just a result of emotional attachments and lack of character though and renders anti-theists like myself as useless because there is no cure for the emotion called Theism.
.....and yes theism is an emotion.

I hope your movement dies, But I don't deny you the right to it nor do I want to stand in the way of your beliefs, Nor would I try and destroy Anti-Theism or protest against it.

So who is really full of hate and bigotry? The one who accepts the other, Or the one who doesn't? Just something I hope you think about :)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Mm, I don't think so :)

Christianity being on the decline doesn't bother me, It's been prophesied after all.

I hope your movement dies, But I don't deny you the right to it nor do I want to stand in the way of your beliefs, Nor would I try and destroy Anti-Theism or protest against it.

So who is really full of hate and bigotry? The one who accepts the other, Or the one who doesn't? Just something I hope you think about :)

As I thought

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
That's not much of a rebuttal but okie dokie :)

Did not bother. When theists become Absolute Denialists there is nothing I can do, I am just calling it quits. Much like when a doctor realizes he cannot save a patient with no head I cannot debate a person who is not debatable.
A lack of wisdom is not something that is capable of being debated because unlike ignorance on matters I cannot argue, reason or negotiate with those who are inherently lost in life.
Much like an Islamic extremist they are incapable of being reasoned because of false convictions. When convictions are questions you come unto reason but when one does not, it is just a void. You are int he same void.

I am sorry.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
"Anti-theism" is a somewhat misleading name. It sounds like people are objecting to deity per se, but from what I've seen, anti-theists are more inclined to object to certain practices and behavior tendencies of people from various religious backgrounds -- especially from the world's fundamentalisms.

Haven't noticed that, actually. I don't come from a background of people 'telling' me what to believe, etc., so I can recognize an extremist position/argument fairly easily, often so called arguments /debates are others talking about their own experiences with religion(s) and using those parameters outside of context of said topic.
That being said, I'm sure some (many?) xians would disagree with me on many issues, so it depends on the particular argument.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
often so called arguments /debates are others talking about their own experiences with religion(s) and using those parameters outside of context of said topic.

I have never understood this. I know many Christians who like using personal experiences that are often times just lies considering I know many who I have caught twisting them to others. The whole concept of arguments from personal experience seem to ruin the point of making any argument. Without a wider range of knowledge and specifically knowledge source it seems useless.

By the way is personal "experience" of some sort the reason you remain a liberal theist? :)

....Meow

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Does "anti" here mean simply disagreeing, or something like opposing and bashing?

It means to seek the believers and slay them with swords and sticks....... :p.

I am joking.

Anti-theism merely means the opposition to theism. It does not imply bashing but definitely implies more than disagreeing. Theists disagree with theists so adding a new label does no use. Anti-theism on the other hand in this day of age merely refers to the systematic refutation of theism on the basis that theism is not only wrong but harmful and dangerous to society.

Considering you live in Saudi Arabia I would really want to make a separate thread on religion in Saudi Arabia.

...meow cutie

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I have never understood this. I know many Christians who like using personal experiences that are often times just lies considering I know many who I have caught twisting them to others. The whole concept of arguments from personal experience seem to ruin the point of making any argument. Without a wider range of knowledge and specifically knowledge source it seems useless.

Agreed, and yes I suppose we are taking peoples word at what they claim is their own 'experience'.

By the way is personal "experience" of some sort the reason you remain a liberal theist? :)

Yes, could be, though not 'necessarily. I'm not one of those people claiming that our experiences don't shape our beliefs most of the time, pretty sure they often do.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Agreed, and yes I suppose we are taking peoples word at what they claim is their own 'experience'.

Yes, could be. I'm not one of those people claiming that our experiences don't shape our beliefs most of the time, pretty sure they often do.

I am just curious for some people's belief in a god. Primarily liberal theists since they seem to have no reason to believe in a god. Just seems like mental jugging of contradictions and nonsense.

Thana

Lady
Did not bother. When theists become Absolute Denialists there is nothing I can do, I am just calling it quits. Much like when a doctor realizes he cannot save a patient with no head I cannot debate a person who is not debatable.
A lack of wisdom is not something that is capable of being debated because unlike ignorance on matters I cannot argue, reason or negotiate with those who are inherently lost in life.
Much like an Islamic extremist they are incapable of being reasoned because of false convictions. When convictions are questions you come unto reason but when one does not, it is just a void. You are int he same void.

I am sorry.

You know it's interesting that exactly the same can be said for an Anti-Theist. So in denial and so blinded by their own prejudices that they don't realize that the fundamentalism they fight against is the very thing that they themselves have become.

Isn't the world just funny that way ^^

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
This is the humblest crap I have read in the several years of dumb scrap I have perused. My phone gives you humble and scrap.

Straw Dog

I am an anti-theist and just curious on the overall opinions of anti-theism by theists and nontheists

Anti-theism is energy inefficient. It doesn't make much sense to attack a projection or an illusion. Attack in general is somewhat misguided.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I'm not an anti theist, but it is a reasonable position.

Being anti theist does not infer any degree of predjudice, denial or unfair bias.

For example, many people in Australia have left Catholicism as a direct consequence of the child abuse scandals and how the church assisted paedophile priests rather than caring for the children.

Many people have lost faith in the Catholic Church - by which I mean the organisation itself. To be anti theist can be a rational response. Not only have many people left the Church, they are now actively opposed to it - anti theist.

Others look to Islam as a cause of global instability and a font of Western fears.

Whilst I am not anti theist, I believe that the position that theism is a negative is arguable.