• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your opinions on Anti-Theism?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It means to seek the believers and slay them with swords and sticks....... :p.

I am joking.

Anti-theism merely means the opposition to theism. It does not imply bashing but definitely implies more than disagreeing. Theists disagree with theists so adding a new label does no use. Anti-theism on the other hand in this day of age merely refers to the systematic refutation of theism on the basis that theism is not only wrong but harmful and dangerous to society.

Considering you live in Saudi Arabia I would really want to make a separate thread on religion in Saudi Arabia.

...meow cutie

Would you kindly (or could you please, in the American style) be more specific in the definition of the words in red above?

I see any straight act of disrespect, whither physical of verbal, is wrong. People should be accepted for who they are, not what they follow. Believing is a complicated this to disrespect head on. No matter what belief one follows, it should not be disrespected on front of those believing in it, as it could be extremely rude to them while they don't deserve it being good people as individuals.

I had a quick look at your blog. As a friend, I feel I would be completely honest with you in it. It was quiet disturbing and I was extremely shocked. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold it against you nor I think bad of you as I believe in the freedom of beliefs, but it really made me sad and uneasy, and honestly, depressed.

Having the above said, I don't think bad of anti-theists, I only don't approve of their way. And, I don't blame them for disrespecting theists. It is unfortunate that theism generally shows bad influence because of the radicals in it. But I only wish it does not get over generalized.

As for religion in Saudi Arabia, I don't recommend starting a thread about it. It will be quite disappointing to both me and you. Even I, a Saudi, say it is not good here and I can't blame anyone saying anything about it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know it's interesting that exactly the same can be said for an Anti-Theist. So in denial and so blinded by their own prejudices that they don't realize that the fundamentalism they fight against is the very thing that they themselves have become.

Isn't the world just funny that way ^^

You may say that, sure. Do you believe it is true, however?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Anti-theism is energy inefficient. It doesn't make much sense to attack a projection or an illusion. Attack in general is somewhat misguided.

You must be kidding. Anti-theism is opposed to theism, not God. Theism is real.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have never understood this. I know many Christians who like using personal experiences that are often times just lies considering I know many who I have caught twisting them to others. The whole concept of arguments from personal experience seem to ruin the point of making any argument. Without a wider range of knowledge and specifically knowledge source it seems useless.

I actually disagree. It is proper and necessary to rely on personal experience in one's religious life. It is not always possible or even reasonable to want to have external references.

I am just curious for some people's belief in a god. Primarily liberal theists since they seem to have no reason to believe in a god. Just seems like mental jugging of contradictions and nonsense.

Well, "god" is an interesting concept because, much like the ancients perception of livers, it has so little apparent purpose that people bundle it with a wild variety of guesses, often at the same time and even in contradictory ways.

At the upper ladder, theists have been known to draw very constructive inspiration from theistic belief. And that, of course is a good thing.

On the other hand, the abysses of misguided belief are well populated with people that have convinced themselves that God is their killer dog. Or that have become effectively addicted on delusional hopes, escape from reality and/or deliriums of Messianic Destiny.

Even more numerous are people who have not fallen quite that much by simply self-justify continuously, at the expense of attaining respectful relations with those who disagree with them. "Crusading" behavior is a powerful call for many people - not because it is necessary, but because it is so motivating. Most people learn to simply avoid or ignore those with such motivation, but that isn't much of a solution, nor particularly respectful in and of itself; in a way it is much like attempting to ignore the existence of beggars.

I don't know, I think I take Anti-Theism too personally. But knowing that someone wants to strip you of your beliefs, It's hard not to take it personally.

Is that so? Interesting, because it is essentially impossible to strip anyone from his or her beliefs without convincing that person that she is believing wrong.

So yes, it is by definition personal. And far more often than not it is a display of consideration for the person, and takes considerable effort. Yet you seem to think of it as invasive, even disrespectful. Or am I misreading you?

And generally they're the radical fundamentalists of Atheism, The ones who aren't happy with there being no God but feel the need to take God from everyone else.

Eh. You misunderstand us, Thana. From our perspective, God does not exist. We have no reason to even want to take Him from whoever, to even believe that goal makes any sense.

It is belief that we disapprove of. And it is not a blanket, inhuman disapproval, either.

A movement I hope dies a painful death :)

No chance. We have killed your General already, and now we are coming for you! Bwahahahaha!

Or something. Seriously, I am worried by how far removed from reality your understandin of what anti-theism is has gone.

Besides, It's a much to a simplistic view of the world. Reminds me of racism and sexism in it's unbending intolerance.

Come to think of it, anti-slavery is also so very simplistic and intolerant of such a time-tested tradition. How come?

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Can you give me some examples then? I'm simply unaware of the very existence of that what you speak about.

Your joking or your trolling, aren't you xP
Just because you firmly believe there isn't a god doesn't mean, of course, there isn't one. Trying to debate it with you applies directly to thianas statement.
Would you prefer me to get banned by naming a few people on these forums to which this applies to? As I'm aware it's against the rules.

I think your trolling. + 1 interwebz for you my fine man.

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
You may say that, sure. Do you believe it is true, however?

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it had any validity.

Is that so? Interesting, because it is essentially impossible to strip anyone from his or her beliefs without convincing that person that she is believing wrong.

I'm sure many Anti-theists would happily take our churches, Take our holy books and criminalize the practice of religion.

There is much more to Anti-Theism than simply opposing Theism.

So yes, it is by definition personal. And far more often than not it is a display of consideration for the person, and takes considerable effort. Yet you seem to think of it as invasive, even disrespectful. Or am I misreading you?

Not disrespectful, Intolerant.

Eh. You misunderstand us, Thana. From our perspective, God does not exist. We have no reason to even want to take Him from whoever, to even believe that goal makes any sense.

Please don't waste my time, You know that I know that Anti-Theists don't believe God exists. I meant the God concept.

No chance. We have killed your General already, and now we are coming for you! Bwahahahaha!

Or something. Seriously, I am worried by how far removed from reality your understandin of what anti-theism is has gone.

Anti-Theism is quite straightforward, If nothing else.

If I have somehow misinterpreted Anti-Theism, Please, Enlighten me.

Come to think of it, anti-slavery is also so very simplistic and intolerant of such a time-tested tradition. How come?

You really feel it's appropriate to compare Anti-Slavery to Anti-Theism?
One is about the freedom of people and the other about oppression.
An interesting choice that reflects your beliefs, If nothing else.

Chakra

Premium Member
So should I assume that you are taking exception to the Dharmic religions again, Philotech? :)

Erebus

I am an anti-theist and just curious on the overall opinions of anti-theism by theists and nontheists

It depends.

If somebody holds that Theism is inherently harmful or negative then obviously I'm going to disagree with them. So long as they put their point across in a reasonable manner though, I won't begrudge them their position. Sadly, in my experience such people are the exception rather than the rule when talking about anti-theists.

What I see far more commonly from anti-theists is an infantile perception of Theism coupled with astounding smugness.

Thruve

It depends.

If somebody holds that Theism is inherently harmful or negative then obviously I'm going to disagree with them. So long as they put their point across in a reasonable manner though, I won't begrudge them their position. Sadly, in my experience such people are the exception rather than the rule when talking about anti-theists.

What I see far more commonly from anti-theists is an infantile perception of Theism coupled with astounding smugness.

Oh golly, your religion sounds quite folly, yet I'm so interested as to what exactly you believe in? Telly Telly my warm fuzzy devil friend. Any threads you can link that describe what it is you believe in?

Thruve

What's with the mockery?

Oh I'm bored behind this register at work. Been here since 4am, half asleep. Trying to amuse myself. I was being modest about learning about his beliefs btw. I always figured such religions were adopted simply too break the norm, which does mock us actually. Nothing else. That's why im curious.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
By the way, Thruve, a Demonolator is a person who worships demons. Yes, some people into the Left Hand Path are immature, but certainly not all.

Thruve

By the way, Thruve, a Demonolator is a person who worships demons. Yes, some people into the Left Hand Path are immature, but certainly not all.

Well, when life's sting comes to bite them, and they are like " oh shiet, what I do now?", they'll wish they never worshiped demons cause they'll need help from something totally opposite.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well, when life's sting comes to bite them, and they are like " oh shiet, what I do now?", they'll wish they never worshiped demons cause they'll need help from something totally opposite.

It usually has nothing to do with the Christian idea of demons as evil spirits. It has more to do with the Greek concept of Daimons as guiding spirits.