• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Forms of Feeling The heart of psychotherapy, and Rumi selected poems.
I've just started Forms of Feeling but so far it's amazing.

meee223

Currently I'm reading "World Without End" by Ken Follett. Been reading it for quite awhile as I'm finding myself spending too much time on the computer!:D

Somkid

For fun I'm reading Man's search for meaning by Dr. Victor E. Frankl and as research for a current project I'm doing I'm reading Buddhism and Ecology (the interconnection of Dharma and deeds) by Mary Evelyn Tucker and Duncan RyunKen Williams.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Daredevil.jpg

DAREDEVIL: The Man Without Fear
Issues-91-105, ANNUAL 1
Approx. 374 Pgs
Published by Marvel Comics
Writers: Ed Brubaker
Artists: Michael Larks, Stefano Gaudiano, Matt Hollingsworth, Ande Parks, Leandro Fernandez

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Is The Ruins the book that was just released as a feature film and was it as terrifying as the commercial advertised?

Honestly, I didn't pay too much attention to the commercials. I just viewed the movie trailer for it, and it looks like it left out details of the book that I think should be important - how many people went up to the ruins, who went down in the shaft, who felt the vines inside of them, etc......all these details were important in the book for the sake of the character and plot development.

As far as the book goes - it's pretty frekkin' horrific. I really liked it and couldn't stop reading it whenever I had a spare moment. I had to know how the story would end, and it isn't peaceful or comforting at all. :cover: :angel2:

Oh, and I just finished I Am America, and So Can You!

Yerda

Veteran Member
Freedom Next Time by John Pilger.

I'm just about to open Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dck.

Hope

Princesinha
Street Girls, by Matt Roper.

It's an excellent little book about a subject very close to my heart: the street girls of Brazil. Matt Roper is a Christian who, several years ago, started a project called Meninadanca ("Girl Dance") in Belo Horizante, Brazil, to minister to and rescue some of these girls. I've already been profoundly moved by the stories of these girls contained in the book.

Eidolon

A Thousand Splendid Suns- beautiful book by Khaled Hosseini
Warriors of God: Richard the Lionheart and Saladin in the Third Crusade- James Reston, Jr.
Islands in the Stream - my favorite Hemmingway
Leaves of Grass- Walt Whitman
The Last Battle- C. S. Lewis....for about the 50th time

Runt

I just evicted all of my textbooks from my room now that I'm all gradumuhcated. Now that I actually have time to read for PLEASURE again, I've started working my way though William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition", a book schoolwork kept forcing me to put down during the last... year? Year and a half?

I should be reading "New Earth" or whatever it's called (I think Toulle or something like that is the author) because I promised my mother I would, but pop spirituality isn't really my thing and I don't care overly much whether or not Oprah thinks it's great. Le sigh.

ayani

"Faith Alone", a book of Martin Luther's writings

"The Imitation of Christ" by Tomas a Kempis (again)

"Be a Light for Me" by Mother Teresa