• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The Company of Liars. Sort of a take-off on Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. A really good read so far (35% into it).

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Recovering from delving into dozens of books and articles about sacred classical landscapes, landscape archaeology, and ancient Greek religion.

Going to recover by jumping head first into the Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Alfiyat Ibn Malik, a thousand-verse poem explaining the entirety of Arabic grammar rules with examples of employing them, all done in rhyme.

The poem itself is one book, but its commentary comprises three books.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm reading a B level fantasy called the "Hickory Staff". Basically, two colorado guys fall through a magical portal put in a bank by an evil demon that has taken over this other world. They join a band of resistance fighters in the new world, and one of the Colorado guys acquires a magical hickory staff. *cue fantasy music*

It's not great but I'm too far into it to not find out how it ends.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
"Pope Joan" -- for the second time. I read it the first time about five years ago and am re-reading it with a book club I belong to. Absolutely the best book I have ever read.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
"Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic"
No, that's not actually reading for my work or studies, this is light reading for fun. ;)

Rakhel

The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien...again. First time read is a skim to catch the good parts. Second read is to catch what I missed the first time.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Read through -> 'All Together Dead' and 'From Dead to Worse'

Now on 'Dead and Gone' at 86%

Next will be 'Dead in the Family'