• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste

My copy of the wonderful book "I Am Malala" subtitle "The girl who stood up for education and was shot by the Taliban" by world inspiring girl named Malala Yousafzai (Little, Brown and Company, First Edition Oct 2013) arrived today (from Amazon) and I am already totally captivated by this book!

I STRONGLY recommend it, and please learn more about this heroic and brave girl who will be one of our next world leaders on the stage of humanity. This book will be a treasured possession for the rest of life.

It is banned in Pakistan.

Please, read it. Please find her for yourself, too. What I would give to have a signed copy with her signature! Be part of history by finding her, supporting her, listening to her.

Jai Malala! Victory to Malala!
Malala You Saf Zai ki Jai!

0,,17144952_303,00.jpg

IamMalala-school.jpg

HT_malala_yousafzai_with_friends_jt_131006_16x9_992.jpg

I (too) AM MALALA! I AM MALALA!

Om Namah Sivaya

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Right now, I'm reading Greek and Roman religion books and texts and the Synoptic and Gnostic gospels and I headbutt them together in order to polish chapter 3 of my dissertation. These realms should not be ventured without the proper confidence established by drinking decent Scotch during the examination of these polemics...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Great Rivals in History: When Politics Gets Personal.

I read the first chapter which discusses the war between Alexander the Great and Darius of Persia.
Good idea for a book, and written in such a way that makes a swift and fun read.
When two supremely powerful political rivals lock horns in a clash of personality and ideology, they can change the course of human history. Great Rivals in History brings to life the drama of historys most vicious political and military feuds, ranging through centuries and across the globe. Rivalries have sparked some of the most dramatic episodes in the history of the world, and twenty-five of these are recreated here, among them the lethal feud between ruthless power-seeker Julius Caesar and populist politician Gnaeus Pompey; the dynastic and religious clash of Queen Elizabeth I of England and Mary, Queen of Scots; the differing visions of nationhood that polarized Chiang Kai-Shek and Mao Zedong; and the bitter antagonism of John F. Kennedy and Richard, estranged friends wrenched apart by ambition and party loyalties. Impeccably researched and utterly compelling, this book profiles a remarkable cast of implacable foes, and reveals how their tug-of-war over ultimate power and glory shaped the wider history of the world. Key points: a different and intriguing way to look at history: big personalities behind great leaders in important situations; twenty-five stories that changed the course of history; a general history with clout and importance, this is the perfect gift for history buffs of all stripes; a clever combination of politics, psychology and history.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Very amazing so far, I never want to put it down, in fact I've been yelled at just today because I was reading it during class and not doing my work :D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hellenism and Christianity by Gerald Friedlander. Picked up the first edition from 1912 in a local bookshop for used books, and actually found a dedication by the author inside. Thoroughly enjoying it. Hellenism and Christianity is actually a sequel to his The Jewish Sources of the Sermon on the Mount which I will definitely track down as well.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Very amazing so far, I never want to put it down, in fact I've been yelled at just today because I was reading it during class and not doing my work :D

Well if they taught this stuff in school like they should you wouldn't have to do that. :D