• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

Parsimony

Two at the moment:

(1) Evolutionary Analysis, Third Edition by Scott Freeman and Jon C. Herron
(2) Real Encounters, Different Dimensions, and Otherworldly Beings by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm reading:

200px-Kushiel%27s_Chosen.png

It's a sequel to her first book, Kushiel's Dart, about a courtesan spy in a world similar to renaissance France.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
The Power of Now - Ekhart Tolle
The Power of Positive Thinking - Norman Vincent Peale

Positive thinking in the Now power seems pretty good...

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Broken God, by David Zindell

Loved it! 600 pages on day 1, and finished the remaining ~300 the following day. Metaphysics, intellectual debate, religions, philosophies, technologies, space ships, through the eyes of a boy of 14(in the beginning) when he journeys across ice and snow to a mythical city after his whole tribe is wiped out from a plague. Absolute stunner, had me enraptured from the beginning.

Heim

Well, mainly textbooks for university. Exams right now. :(

Other than that, I've been reading 'Wool' by Hugh Howey on my brand new Kindle. It's my first time 'ereading', and I'm enjoying it so far.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Cannibal Reign by Thomas Koloniar

I'm thinking of dumping it for something else (I actually dumped Anne Rice's latest for this, lol). The characters are really getting on my nerves. Not to mention that there's typos. I know it's the guy's first book, so I'll cut him some slack. I don't see how it's gotten as many good reviews as it has, unless it gets really good later on in the book.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Tai Chi Wu Style: Advanced Techniques for Internalizing Chi Energy by Mantak Chia

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Autumn: Aftermath, the last of the five (arguably six) "Autumn" books by Dave Moody.

They are a refreshing and intriguing take on the zombie genre, because the infection is sort of explained and it is not universal nor transmissible. It helps in focusing on the dilemmas of solitude and mistrust that are the real draws of the genre to me.