• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

godnotgod

Thou art That

So according to what you just wrote, 75% of the time there was no reaction from subject B. And worse, the results of the experiment and the parameters are completely diffrrent to what you have been claiming.

You obviously don't understand statistics. What's wrong with 25%?

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member

From a mathematical point of view, the problem is that correlations between unrelated phenomena almost always occur, but this says nothing about the relationship between them. More importantly, brain imaging involves high-dimensional data in which it is mathematically certain that any outcomes will tend to cluster or correlate, which is why good neuroscience doesn't rely on correlational analyses that aren't robust to violations of non-linearity, homoscedasticity, normality, etc. From an experimental point of view, the set-up can't test what it purports to.

godnotgod

Thou art That
From a mathematical point of view, the problem is that correlations between unrelated phenomena almost always occur, but this says nothing about the relationship between them.

The actual phenomena being tested is important. How do we account for synched brain responses from brain B? Are you saying that they are unrelated, and occur randomly and independently, and just happen to synch with those of brain A? Not likely.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
The actual phenomena being tested is important. How do we account for synched brain responses from brain B? Are you saying that they are unrelated, and occur randomly and independently, and just happen to synch with those of brain A? Not likely.

Simply put correlation does not imply causation.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Simply put correlation does not imply causation.

That's understood, but we have yet to explain the actual synched, correlated phenomena occurring in brain B. We're not talking about two seemingly unrelated and differing, but correlated phenomena here, where X may be the cause of Y, such as, say, sunspot activity and human violence. in this case, both phenomena are the same: both are brain wave impulses as recorded by two independent EEG machines.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

You obviously don't understand statistics, or math.

A positive result 25% of the time means that 75% of the time, the results were negative.

It means that 75% of the time, no response from subject B.

It means that the experiment disproved its own claims.

godnotgod

Thou art That
You obviously don't understand statistics, or math.

A positive result 25% of the time means that 75% of the time, the results were negative.

It means that 75% of the time, no response from subject B.

It means that the experiment disproved its own claims.

No, it does not.

The Adept

What might of happened before a possible Big Bang?
A big meet up.

Critical mass.

Do you believe in the Big Bang?
For a Galaxy yes.

Do you think it was a superior being who created the Big Bang?
...I know a guy called Fred who is a possible candidate....

Do you think the multiverse theory is a good explanation?
There is no multiverse; only the unending universe.
Uni meaning one, the only.

Was it something else?[/quote]
Eternal material atoms in the unending we call space.

Aman777

Bible Believer
What might of happened before a possible Big Bang?
Do you think the multiverse theory is a good explanation?
There is no multiverse; only the unending universe.
Uni meaning one, the only.

Was it something else?
Eternal material atoms in the unending we call space.[/quote]

Dear The Adept, There were several events which happened BEFORE the Big Bang or the beginning of our Cosmos. God created matter in the form of air, dust, and water, but darkness and death contaminated it because it was made APART from God and ANYthing apart from God contains DEATH.

The Multiverse is also a Reality as will be Scientifically confirmed this year. God told us about it in Genesis, thousands of years ago. Gen 1:6-8 shows that the FIRST firmament, which God called "heaven", was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 2:4 shows that other HeavenS (Plural) were made on the 3rd Day. That's a Multiverse, composed of at least 3 other Universes and NO man of the time could have possibly known this. ONLY God knew and told us this Fact, in Genesis. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In the original experiment, only TV images were flashed to Subject A. For now, we can eliminate alpha and beta particles, and neutrons because:

Alpha Radiation: Alpha particles consist of two protons and two neutrons, and carry a positive charge. Alpha particles are barely able to penetrate skin and can be stopped completely by a sheet of paper.

Beta Radiation: Beta radiation consists of fast moving electrons ejected from the nucleus of an atom. More penetrating than alpha radiation, beta radiation is stopped by a book or human tissue.

Neutrons: Less common, neutron radiation occurs when neutrons are ejected from the nucleus by nuclear fission and other processes.

Neutrinos: created as a result of certain types of radioactive decay, or nuclear reactions such as those that take place in the Sun, in nuclear reactors, or when cosmic rays hit atoms.

None of the above would apply.

This particular form of the experiment would also exclude mechanical noise, magnetic fields, gravitational fields, ultraviolet laser/light, and microwaves.

UV light is emitted by tv screens, but would not be part of the signal itself. I don't see that a purely magnetic field would carry signal either.

TV signals are electromagnetic signals, so these would have been contained by the Faraday cages.

Not my point, really. My point is that you can cross the boundaries of a Faraday cage pretty easily with what we know. In other words, a Faraday cage provides insulation only for a tiny set of local interactions.

Now, as long as we do not know what kind of field is responsible for these alleged interactions, it is a non sequitur to deduce that it is not local and instantaneous. A few feet, or even miles, of distance require high precision clocks to discern a time difference between close causal events.

Suppose that I bite the bullet and grant you this mysterious interaction for a second, but I claim that it took a bigger than zero time to be transmitted, because of the constraints of relativity and QM, for what concerns information transmission.

What do you see in the experiment that contradicts my statement and could, therefore, make the experimenters qualified for a Nobel prize (independently from the nature of the interaction)?

Ciao

- viole

atanu

Premium Member
From a mathematical point of view, the problem is that correlations between unrelated phenomena almost always occur, but this says nothing about the relationship between them. More importantly, brain imaging involves high-dimensional data in which it is mathematically certain that any outcomes will tend to cluster or correlate, which is why good neuroscience doesn't rely on correlational analyses that aren't robust to violations of non-linearity, homoscedasticity, normality, etc. From an experimental point of view, the set-up can't test what it purports to.

But much grosser correlations between brain formations and emotions/actions are touted as proof of consciousness produced by brain.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Why not?

I could do better by flipping a coin.

Ciao

- viole

Flipping a coin is more straightforward. The one thing that can affect the outcome of the brain experiment is whether the two subjects can entangle via meditation prior to the running of the experiment.

godnotgod

Thou art That
But much grosser correlations between brain formations and emotions/actions are touted as proof of consciousness produced by brain.

In fact, it has been pointed out that low correlations in, for example, the field of medicine, are considered significant. The use of aspirin and wine in relation to heart attacks are a couple of examples.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
God created matter in the form of air, dust, and water, but darkness and death contaminated it because it was made APART from God and ANYthing apart from God contains DEATH.

There is nothing apart from God.

God is not only absolute, God is the Absolute. Being the Absolute, there can be no 'other' to which God can be compared. Anything apart from God would render God a relative entity, subject to whatever variable behavior manifested by the 'other'.

That anything can be apart from the Absolute is an illusion.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Not my point, really. My point is that you can cross the boundaries of a Faraday cage pretty easily with what we know. In other words, a Faraday cage provides insulation only for a tiny set of local interactions.

Now, as long as we do not know what kind of field is responsible for these alleged interactions, it is a non sequitur to deduce that it is not local and instantaneous. A few feet, or even miles, of distance require high precision clocks to discern a time difference between close causal events.

Suppose that I bite the bullet and grant you this mysterious interaction for a second, but I claim that it took a bigger than zero time to be transmitted, because of the constraints of relativity and QM, for what concerns information transmission.

What do you see in the experiment that contradicts my statement and could, therefore, make the experimenters qualified for a Nobel prize (independently from the nature of the interaction)?

Ciao

- viole

Nothing else explains the outcome.

Aman777

Bible Believer
There is nothing apart from God.

God is not only absolute, God is the Absolute. Being the Absolute, there can be no 'other' to which God can be compared. Anything apart from God would render God a relative entity, subject to whatever variable behavior manifested by the 'other'.

That anything can be apart from the Absolute is an illusion.

Dear godnotgod, Is evil apart from God? How about sickness and death? IF death is NOT apart from God, then WHY is He going to destroy it? 1Co 15:26

EVERYTHING in the physical world is apart from God and that is WHY we MUST be born again Spiritually if we want to be in God or in Christ, Spiritually. Only those who have been born Spiritually will inherit Heaven. 1Co 15:50 God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

godnotgod

Thou art That
Richard Alpert, before he became Baba Ram Das, was a practicing psychiatrist in New York. That life proved empty to him, so he packed it up and went to India in search of a spiritual teacher. He ended up staying at a temple in the mountains for several months. At one point he had to travel to New Delhi for passport business. On his last day before returning to the monastery, he stopped at a vegetarian restaurant. He was on a strict diet as dictated by the guru, but the dessert included two little biscuits which he was not supposed to eat. So he thought: 'No one is watching me; no one will know'', and ate them. When he returned to the monastery, he awaited the guru who had been staying in a nearby village. Ram Dass had saved a sack of oranges as a gift for the guru and because he felt a bit guilty over the secret eating of the biscuits. Upon eye contact, Ram Dass falls flat on his face in the mud, oranges flying all over, and begins to cry. The guru grabs him by the hair, lifts his head up to make eye contact, and says: 'How did you like the biscuits?' ;)

More of the story here:

Be Here Now, by Ram Dass

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Dear godnotgod, Is evil apart from God? How about sickness and death? IF death is NOT apart from God, then WHY is He going to destroy it? 1Co 15:26

EVERYTHING in the physical world is apart from God and that is WHY we MUST be born again Spiritually if we want to be in God or in Christ, Spiritually. Only those who have been born Spiritually will inherit Heaven. 1Co 15:50 God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Death cannot be destroyed because it is an illusion. God is not destroying death, he is destroying the illusion. Destroying the illusion is to realize that you are already in Paradise, that you were never born, and that you never died.

'In a single blow, I have crushed the cave of phantoms'
Zen source

Yeshu told you that you are in Paradise already:
'The kingdom of God is within you'.

The more you oppose evil, the stronger evil will become. Proof? Take a look at the current outcome of our intervention in Iraq.

The 'spiritual' and the 'physical' worlds are both just concepts superimposed over Reality. They are one and the same. The Ordinary and the Miraculous are One. Where do you see another world called 'Heaven'?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hey Atanu,
Everything comes from the Cosmos dust.
Everything escapes the "now" that we know as reality.
Everything we know as "I" and those that are the "others" are also "I"s.
~
That's not my stick, ask GNG, or Viole
Some don't know it yet.
But they'll learn someday, I hope it's not too late.
~
Maybe that's what God is all about, but "I" still don't believe.
That's why "I" only leave memories to all the others. ;)
~
'mud

Are you expecting to keep your memories?...or lose yourself to oblivion?