• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What church is the true church?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The whole "Sin no more" thing comes from a totally interpolated passage, the Pericope Adultarea", that doesn't appear in any of the earliest manuscripts and has a little asterisk by it in almost all modern Bibles. So no, Jesus did NOT take the condemnation of sin away. Hebrews 10:26-29 is quite clear that "Fiery indignation" awaits those who continue to sin.

Its a convenient formula.

1. Discernment between right & wrong is acting in "self-righteousness"
2. There is no condemnation of sin

voila! All one has to do is be a "good person" and call themselves a 'Christian'.

Walkntune

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Walkntune

No, Christians are still clearly supposed to be opposed to wrongdoing, not just in theory.
Christian should be Spirit led. God must be worshipped in Spirit and in truth for he is Spirit. Christian walks by conviction of the Holy Spirit.Spirit leads him into all truth and righteousness.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Would also appreciate scriptures from you.

Walkntune

I'll list some when I find some relevant verses.

BTW nothing you're saying is refuting my comments, do you think they are or something?
Your comments are that of the flesh seeking justification by the knowledge of good and evil instead of conviction by the heart so do not need refuting.If you walk by the flesh and put faith in that and its justification of right and wrong, then what you are saying is true for you as salvation is based in what you believe. I just happen to put my hope in Christ as my righteousness has fallen short.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your comments are that of the flesh seeking justification by the knowledge of good and evil instead of conviction by the heart so do not need refuting.If you walk by the flesh and put faith in that and its justification of right and wrong, then what you are saying is true for you as salvation is based in what you believe. I just happen to put my hope in Christ as my righteousness has fallen short.

That isn't my position at all.

If you have been reading my comments under that assumption then of course they won't make sense.

Walkntune

That isn't my position at all.

If you have been reading my comments under that assumption then of course they won't make sense.
We walk ib truth by conviction. Love based on performance is not love.This is what Jesus says about love.
Here is the goepel according to Jesus,
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, ...and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Do you suppose God holds you to a standard to that which he himself does not abide?Blessings only come through belief, not right standing and self righteous effort.
The very fact people believe God blesses us based on our righteous walk is the very poison that got mixed in the gospel.
Our walk in love and righteousness is a result of Gods blessings and grace and not a work of performance for a wage paid.If grace was earned it would no longer be grace.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
We walk ib truth by conviction. Love based on performance is not love.This is what Jesus says about love.
Here is the goepel according to Jesus,
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, ...and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Again, none of this refutes my comments.

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
Its a convenient formula.

1. Discernment between right & wrong is acting in "self-righteousness"
2. There is no condemnation of sin

voila! All one has to do is be a "good person" and call themselves a 'Christian'.

Convenient indeed.

Which explains why it's quite a widespread mentality.

Walkntune

Question for either one of you. Why does God hold you to a standard of blessing those who curse you and not abide by the same standard? He said love your enemeys and do good to them who hate you.Why do you make God so conditional when this is his standard for you?

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
Question for either one of you. Why does God hold you to a standard of blessing those who curse you and not abide by the same standard?

Where does it say that those who curse me and don't abide by the same standard will be blessed according to the same standard? What exactly are you asking?

Why do Muslims and Atheists like Bill Gates and King Saud get great material blessing on Earth?

Walkntune

Where does it say that those who curse me and don't abide by the same standard will be blessed according to the same standard? What exactly are you asking?

Why do Muslims and Atheists like Bill Gates and King Saud get great material blessing on Earth?
The question I asked you the bible does say. Yours is irrelevant.
My post answers your question yet you side stepped mine.You see God gave his greatest blessing to the whole world inspite of their wickedness. He even gave forgiveness to the ones who nailed him to the cross and they didn't even ask.

Shermana

Heretic
The question I asked you the bible does say. Yours is irrelevant.
My post answers your question yet you side stepped mine.You see God gave his greatest blessing to the whole world inspite of their wickedness. He even gave forgiveness to the ones who nailed him to the cross and they didn't even ask.

So when I asked you "What exactly are you asking", you think that's side stepping?

Do you not think that you've sidestepped any questions I've asked? Like the whole 1 John 5:3 thing? Do I need to repost all the posts that you deliberately avoided the critical questions?

And your answer, I'm not sure how it remotely has to do with the subject, maybe someone else can explain to me because I'm not placing my bets that you're gonna actually explain how it relates.

Where does it say he gave forgiveness to them? What kind of forgiveness are you talking about, and what was the effect?

Are you talking about when he says "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do"? Maybe because they didn't know what they were doing? We don't know if they did get forgiveness or not.

With that said, I don't see how that relates to the rest of the issue or the questions you sidestepped.

And the "God gave his greatest blessing to the Lord despite their wickedness" I think what you're saying is a circular argument of your own opinion on the Theological implications which we have poked holes in, there still is punishment if they continue to sin.

Last edited:

Walkntune

So when I asked you "What exactly are you asking", you think that's side stepping?

Do you not think that you've sidestepped any questions I've asked?

And your answer, I'm not sure how it remotely has to do with the subject, maybe someone else can explain to me because I'm not placing my bets that you're gonna actually explain how it relates.
This is what I asked? If Jesus said to love your enemies,do good to them who hate you, bless those who curse you,Then why would he not abide by the same standard.
Why must you perform good works for a blessing when he tells you to bless those who curse you.

Shermana

Heretic
This is what I asked? If Jesus said to love your enemies,do good to them who hate you, bless those who curse you,Then why would he not abide by the same standard.
Why must you perform good works for a blessing when he tells you to bless those who curse you.

What kind of 'blessing" do you think we're supposed to give those who curse you?

Here's an example: "Let them be brought to the understanding of how they are in error before its too late".

So what are you trying to say exactly in relation to the previous points? You're not really doing an adequate job explaining your point. What kind of blessings do you think are involved here?

Walkntune

What kind of 'blessing" do you think we're supposed to give those who curse you?

Here's an example: "Let them be brought to the understanding of how they are in error before its too late".

So what are you trying to say exactly in relation to the previous points? You're not really doing an adequate job explaining your point. What kind of blessings do you think are involved here?
You need to look up the word bless and also the word rebuke.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Question for either one of you. Why does God hold you to a standard of blessing those who curse you and not abide by the same standard? He said love your enemeys and do good to them who hate you.Why do you make God so conditional when this is his standard for you?

Huh? What are talking about?

That question/statement is so convoluded I can't even figure it out.