• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What did Jesus Look Like?

The physical features of Jesus are not that important . His character should be in focus here. Right?
Regards

Theunis

I know that TV show promotes that kind of pseudoscience

And they think all the text you mentioned is literal history too :rolleyes:
Oh come now. Where do you think the German scientists found the information to build their saucer shaped aircrafts and start making the A-Bomb.

Theunis

are you sincerely not trolling us?
I am not a troll.
Is the question too simple to answer. It is quite straight forward without any hidden meaning. or intentions.
Outhouse likes your comment but as usual he ducks and dives without furnishing a straight forward answer or does he really mean that they found the information in what he considers to be pseudoscience which now suddenly changed to academic knowledge?

cambridge79

I am not a troll.
Is the question too simple to answer. It is quite straight forward without any hidden meaning. or intentions.
Outhouse likes your comment but as usual he ducks and dives without furnishing a straight forward answer or does he really mean that they found the information in what he considers to be pseudoscience which now suddenly changed to academic knowledge?

yep the question is simple to ask and the answer is german research and german technology, probably something you have no clue about. If you study the history of science and scientific discoveries you would see that there's no gap to fill to explains german discoveries during ww2. It's not that one day they were clueless and the next day they were making a bomb, like it would happen if it was some knowledge gifted by the aliens.
Ever heard of Marie Curie, Bohr, Eisenberg, Fermi and the panisperna guys? Atomic knowledge was cutting edge research at the beginning of 20th century, and it was common knowledge in the academia and the best scientists were in germany. Germans, Japanese, Americans, probably russians, they all were riding the atomic train. U.S. in the lead, than germans, japaneses and russians. Americans were simply the one that had the biggest amount of resources to be the first to develop the a-bomb. No secrets at all.
same with the planes. if you had a clue about german engineering it would be simply evident to you. But hey, that guy on freak channel told you it was aliens, so it must be aliens, right?

Last edited:

Theunis

yep the question is simple to ask and the answer is german research and german technology, probably something you have no clue about. If you study the history of science and scientific discoveries you would see that there's no gap to fill to explains german discoveries during ww2. It's not that one day they were clueless and the next day they were making a bomb, like it would happen if it was some knowledge gifted by the aliens.
Ever heard of Marie Curie, Bohr, Eisenberg, Fermi and the panisperna guys? Atomic knowledge was cutting edge research at the beginning of 20th century, and it was common knowledge in the academia and the best scientists were in germany. Germans, Japanese, Americans, probably russians, they all were riding the atomic train. U.S. in the lead, than germans, japaneses and russians. Americans were simply the one that had the biggest amount of resources to be the first to develop the a-bomb. No secrets at all.
same with the planes. if you had a clue about german engineering it would be simply evident to you. But hey, that guy on freak channel told you it was aliens, so it must be aliens, right?
How nice of you to answer in such an obtuse manner ad somewhat insulting manner..
How about some genuine links to back up your statements?

outhouse

Atheistically

No, you made the unsubstantiated claim, it is upon you to provide links and sources.

How nice of you to answer in such an obtuse manner ad somewhat insulting manner..

When you refuse academic knowledge because you don't know it, and proclaim falsely pseudoscientific rhetoric, you will get called on it for such an error.

outhouse

Atheistically
yep the question is simple to ask and the answer is german research and german technology, probably something you have no clue about. If you study the history of science and scientific discoveries you would see that there's no gap to fill to explains german discoveries during ww2.

100% correct.

When we trace knowledge back, there are no real missing gaps of knowledge that came from NOWHERE as pseudoscience sells to the ignorant.

Intojoy

Yeshua had a physical appearance that people turned their faces from. He was not only not attractive, his appearance repelled people from Him. It was His love that attracted people to Him.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yeshua had a physical appearance that people turned their faces from. He was not only not attractive, his appearance repelled people from Him. It was His love that attracted people to Him.

Can you provide a source for this opinion?

Or is this just POE?

Intojoy

Can you provide a source for this opinion?

Or is this just POE?
“For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:2-3‬ ‭ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/isa.53.2-3.asv

outhouse

Atheistically
“For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:2-3‬ ‭ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/isa.53.2-3.asv

Has nothing to do with Jesus appearance.

That is an OT passage that has no context to a man who existed hundreds of years later

Intojoy

Has nothing to do with Jesus appearance.

That is an OT passage that has no context to a man who existed hundreds of years later
d07ea52223b5805883d0bc46ac99dcbd.jpg

cambridge79

Pointing to your ignorance is now obtuse and insulting? In wich way should i be considered responsable for the fact that you're ignorant about the claims you make here?

are you really asking me to give you a course on the history of 19th century discoveries in physics? why don't you open a book and start to read it by yourself? it's no conspiracy theory, it's all out there in the sun, public domain knowledge. If you're used to people spoonfeeding you i'm not that kind of guy. do your homeworks by yourself
You can follow these names and this timeline if you need a guideline it's quite spot on on the subject
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_atomic_and_subatomic_physics
now feel free to go and look for that gap that doesn't exists. If you find it, good we've a discussion. If you don't find it admit you're wrong. If you don't find it and still refuse academia knowledge than you're a willfull ignorant.

Last edited:

Theunis

Pointing to your ignorance is now obtuse and insulting? In wich way should i be considered responsable for the fact that you're ignorant about the claims you make here?

are you really asking me to give you a course on the history of 19th century discoveries in physics? why don't you open a book and start to read it by yourself? it's no conspiracy theory, it's all out there in the sun, public domain knowledge. If you're used to people spoonfeeding you i'm not that kind of guy. do your homeworks by yourself
You can follow these names and this timeline if you need a guideline it's quite spot on on the subject
now feel free to go and look for that gap that doesn't exists. If you find it, good we've a discussion. If you don't find it admit you're wrong. If you don't find it and still refuse academia knowledge than you're a willfull ignorant.
There were two questions so how about an answer to the other question as well.. Your own ignorance greatly overshadows mine.
All you actually did was babble, give an answer with no substance except what you considered to be general knowledge hence my request for some genuine links. Is a link links ?

Dear me now you talk about the timeline of atomic and sub-atomic physics.instead of history of the Atomic Bomb Research !

http://www.atomcentral.com/atom-bomb-history.aspx

http://www.history.co.uk/study-topics/history-of-ww2/atomic-bomb

You may also find the following ramble interesting, some facts and a good laugh at times.
http://www.reformation.org/adolf-hitlers-atomic-bomb.html

The fact remains that atomic bombs/weapons were already written about in the Mahabharata. Just imagine such primitives, in your view, creating such great works of fantasy and science fiction. Those primitives could read and write. Wow, wow, triple wow.

Try again But first understand what the questions were about and then re-educate yourself.

Last edited:

Theunis

Who asked for a course hmm? I asked that you substantiate your ramble !

Theunis

Perhaps I should add ROM. (Read Only Memory) Silicon chips in many electronic devices, such as computers
Then of course there is Psychometry, which because of its erratic nature which is controlled by human emotions and feelings and distractions, skeptics instead of acknowledging its hit and miss character just pooh, pooh it.

I was asked what to me is an energy-pattern. Dear me energy patterns fill the universe.

as an aside - the heartmaths.org has measured a field or energy 1.5 to 2.5 metres from the body. In the Kirov State University, in Alma-Ata they studied the aura and said it was a non-chaotic bio-plasma body (OSTRANDER S & SCHROEDER L. Physic discoveries behind the iron curtain. Englewood Cliffa, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1971)

cambridge79

There were two questions so how about an answer to the other question as well.. Your own ignorance greatly overshadows mine.
All you actually did was babble, give an answer with no substance except what you considered to be general knowledge hence my request for some genuine links. Is a link links ?

Dear me now you talk about the timeline of atomic and sub-atomic physics.instead of history of the Atomic Bomb Research !

http://www.atomcentral.com/atom-bomb-history.aspx

http://www.history.co.uk/study-topics/history-of-ww2/atomic-bomb

You may also find the following ramble interesting, some facts and a good laugh at times.
http://www.reformation.org/adolf-hitlers-atomic-bomb.html

The fact remains that atomic bombs/weapons were already written about in the Mahabharata. Just imagine such primitives, in your view, creating such great works of fantasy and science fiction. Those primitives could read and write. Wow, wow, triple wow.

Try again But first understand what the questions were about and then re-educate yourself.

First of all, what's the matter with people being able to read and write in the IV century b.c.e. ? we've texts older than that.

god you're deluded. You can't derive atomic knowledge for Mahabarta. Show me where concept like chain reactions, or uranium and plutonium or critical mass are mentioned in the Mahabarta.
Also the description you find there can be anything, for example an ancient indian describing the fall of a meteorite or a vulcanic eruption, wich would produce exactly that kind of outcome described in the book if we're referring both at the same passage.
But eye, the wacko channel on tv said it was a nuclear bomb so it must be a nuclear bomb.

Last edited: