• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What did Jesus Look Like?

crystalonyx

No they dont. Even if photos or videos existed you still wouldnt believe. You have heard the word and have rejected it. No amount of "evidence" would change your mind. Dont be afraid, look for the Lord and he will show you everything your looking for.

Since there is no "evidence", that's not a worry.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The evidence is in the Gospel.

That begs the question of how the bible can really be taken as actual evidence. Just because something is written in a book doesn't make it fact. Especially since many Christians outright admit that they believe that parts of the bible are meant to be allegorical. If people who base their faith on this book can't all agree that it is all undoubted fact, then how can anyone possibly use it to show "evidence" to anyone?

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
If you ever wondered, this is what Jesus probably looked like:

moz-screenshot-7.jpg
moz-screenshot-8.jpg

I had no idea Jesus resembled Cro-Magnon Man. Who'd of thunk it.

TaraMoon

No they dont. Even if photos or videos existed you still wouldnt believe. You have heard the word and have rejected it. No amount of "evidence" would change your mind. Dont be afraid, look for the Lord and he will show you everything your looking for.

Why do you care whether someone else believes in your deity? Does their lack of belief threaten your belief? Christians spend an inordinate amount of time reveling in the belief that many will burn for eternity, so don't give us the hogwash about wanting everyone to be saved. The poster you responded to didn't demonstrate fear, you do. Why?

Draka

Wonder Woman

How did I miss this? Now what photos or videos (if that technology had even existed in that day) could possibly prove the "miracles" of Christ? With the abilities we have to altar and add effects to things anything could be manipulated. Also, who's to say that Jesus wasn't just a really nice guy, who preached about love and sharing and such, who just happened to be a pretty good magician? Shoot, Criss Angel has pulled off walking on water and turning water into beer and such other feats. Does that mean he's Jesus reincarnated?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
If I recall the only one who ever gave a physical description of Jesus was Jesus himself;

"You saw my hungry and you fed me, you saw me naked and you clothed me, you saw me a stranger and you welcomed me, you saw me a prisoner and you visited me..."

So basically Jesus looks like a hungry, naked stranger who just got out of prison.

blackout

Violet.
If I recall the only one who ever gave a physical description of Jesus was Jesus himself;

"You saw my hungry and you fed me, you saw me naked and you clothed me, you saw me a stranger and you welcomed me, you saw me a prisoner and you visited me..."

So basically Jesus looks like a hungry, naked stranger who just got out of prison

True!
And most christians today would tell him to go and get a job.
Plus they would not want him living in their suburban neighborhood.
(bad for property values)

FFH

Veteran Member
True image of an Al-Qaeda terrorist.
1173d1204757659-what-did-jesus-look-like-yeshua.jpg
obladen.jpg

True image of Christ's face, burned into his burial cloth, at the time of his resurrection.
Shroud of Turin
face.jpg