• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do All Religions Have In Common?

syberpriend

you are escaping from my question, just tell me whether god has any name?
note : god having any name means that god is limited to name.

And whats wrong is giving human names to animals? infact it is practiced everywhere, human names are given to animals. See who is making rubbish statements, you arguments does not deserve any response, so crap it is !!!

Whats wrong in keeping human name of animals, hmm good question,as u r nameless, wat about calling u dog, or pig, seems good right??
God is called with different names in different times, u can't understand simple english, its not my problem, arabic names are different, not restricted to religion,
The aswer is givin in Quran. "
SAY: "CALL UPON ALLAH,

OR CALL UPON RAHMAN

BY WHATEVER NAME YE CALL UPON HIM (it is well):

FOR TO HIM BELONG THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NAMES
( 17:110).

To make u more clear, as ur mind and vision is narrow, let me explai more.

CONCEPT FROM THE WEST FROM THE WEST
The Anglo/Saxon and the Teuton in their own and other allied European languages call their object of worship "GOD" or words of similar sound and import, i.e.
God1 in English;
Got in Afrikaans (the language of the descendants of the Hollandse people in South Africa);
Gott in German; and
Gudd in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian languages.

The ancient Phoenicians called their God - ALLON - (not far from Allah if we could only hear it articulated), and the Canaanites ADO. The Israelites not only shared the word EL with the original people of Palestine, but borrowed the name of their chief deity - ADO and turned it into ADONAI, and everywhere the four-letter word YHWH occured in their Holy Scriptures, they read "Adonai" instead of "Yahuwa." You will not fail to notice the resemblance between the Jewish Adonai and the heathen Adonis. ADONIS was a "beautiful godling loved by Venus" in the Greek pantheon.

THE LATIN CONCEPT
In the Latin-dominated languages of Western Europe, where Latin had remained dominant in learning and diplomacy for centuries, the chief term used for God is DEUS:
Deus in Portuguese;
Dieu in French;
Dio in Italian;
Dies in Spanish;
Dia in Scotch and Irish; and
Duw in Welsh.

Now by nname, 99 are mention in Quran, which are in arabic, but are more ofcourse, for ppl whose native lang. is not arabic, or not arabs. but should be unique and beautiful.
I hope this clear the names of God, and the philosphy behind it.

nameless

The Creator
Alllah is the arabic name, if u know brother, and Islam is in all the languages in the world, not like hindus, limited to 1 country and 1 language only.

Again moronic posts, everyone knows the influence of sanskrit in english and other languages, and the mathematics which we have today is taken from vedic mathematics. BTW, these all has nothing to do with faith, i wondering why you are talking all these now, your reply has nothing do with my question.

nameless

The Creator

Now by nname, 99 are mention in Quran, which are in arabic, but are more ofcourse, for ppl whose native lang. is not arabic, or not arabs. but should be unique and beautiful.

why you give nameless god a name, it means that god is limited to name and is not eternal. God should be one beyond form, time, space and name but your god has name.

nameless

The Creator
y do hindus call OM? God has choosen names for himself, ur parents did good for not keeping name for u, anyways, its ur pills time, get it buddy, get well soon. ur stupid questions does'nt deserve any answer, better visit any physycology dept. for urself.
God is common noun, which is refered to as object or supernatural power of worship, if u want to call ur god as dog, I dont have any problem, but is ur god so weak, just some kid will throw stone, and it wil runaway?

cant follow english? my question is,

God is not limited to form, space, time and name, so is it right to give nameless god a name allah and so on? Explain
if you have no answer to this, dont question hindu idol worship or polytheism or anything, it has the same logic.

Last edited:

rojse

RF Addict
Syberpriend and Nameless,

Can you take your discussion here? It's a place where two people can specifically debate eachother about whatever they choose - your argument is not relevant to this thread.

nameless

The Creator
Syberpriend and Nameless,

Can you take your discussion here? It's a place where two people can specifically debate eachother about whatever they choose - your argument is not relevant to this thread.

ooops, this thread was going off topic, i apologize !!

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
nameless-

RE: every living being has the same basic wish- to be happy and to avoid suffering.

The human condition today is just as foretold at 2nd Timothy (3:1-5,13) that we are in the last days of suffering on earth.

These sad conditions point to that we are nearing the end of mankind's time for independence from God that has demonstrated that rulership by humans apart from God's Golden Rule can never succeed in happiness and no suffering. Only through Jesus, as king of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14;2:44), can suffering end and it will.
Jesus will usher in not only peace on earth toward men of goodwill, but as Revelation (21:3,4) reveals that even death for mankind will be no more. No death (Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; 1st Cor 15:26) will also mean no sickness or suffering but rather curing for the nations- Rev. (22:2) in fulfillment of the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth and all nations of the earth will be blessed (Genesis 12:3; 22:18) Blessed (happy) with eternal life without any suffering.
(Micah 4:3,4).

rojse

RF Addict
nameless-

RE: every living being has the same basic wish- to be happy and to avoid suffering.

The human condition today is just as foretold at 2nd Timothy (3:1-5,13) that we are in the last days of suffering on earth.

These sad conditions point to that we are nearing the end of mankind's time for independence from God that has demonstrated that rulership by humans apart from God's Golden Rule can never succeed in happiness and no suffering. Only through Jesus, as king of God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14;2:44), can suffering end and it will.
Jesus will usher in not only peace on earth toward men of goodwill, but as Revelation (21:3,4) reveals that even death for mankind will be no more. No death (Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; 1st Cor 15:26) will also mean no sickness or suffering but rather curing for the nations- Rev. (22:2) in fulfillment of the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth and all nations of the earth will be blessed (Genesis 12:3; 22:18) Blessed (happy) with eternal life without any suffering.
(Micah 4:3,4).

Instead of spamming, why not actually respond to the OP? I thought it was an interesting question.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

The ancient Phoenicians called their God - ALLON - (not far from Allah if we could only hear it articulated), and the Canaanites ADO. The Israelites not only shared the word EL with the original people of Palestine, but borrowed the name of their chief deity - ADO and turned it into ADONAI, and everywhere the four-letter word YHWH occured in their Holy Scriptures, they read "Adonai" instead of "Yahuwa." You will not fail to notice the resemblance between the Jewish Adonai and the heathen Adonis. ADONIS was a "beautiful godling loved by Venus" in the Greek pantheon.

Psalm (83:18) KJV uses the English name for God as: Jehovah.
Psalm 110:1 KJV uses LORD/Lord. LORD in all capitals is where the Tetragrammaton was. That is the four written letters for God's name YHWH.
Lord without all capitals is referring to another and not God Almighty.

As Jewish superstition spread and the vowels became unknown then the exact pronunciation for God's name was lost.
The most common English pronunciation is found at Psalm (83:18) KJV.
Root meaning of the name is: He causes to become.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
As the title of the thread states, what do all religions have in common?

What all religions have in common is that there is a transcendent aspect to the mundane reality that is not readily perceived by mankind. Call it what you will, Monism, Absolute, God, Tao, Eternity, Oneness, Cosmic Mind, Nirvana, Non-duality, Brahman, Infinity, Uncreated, Unknowable, Nameless, Universal All, Etc..

(Mankind's conceptual subdivisions of 'Monism' that takes the form of theological descriptions of 'God' are obviously not common to all religions and are unique wrt the original tribal traditions from which they emerged and are present today as competitive as ever to persuade mankind that "God is a House divided".)

What aspects of a religion make it a religion.

The transcendent aspect referred to above.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Enlightened forefathers to assert the religion is the only true one and priests to tell you how to follow it correctly.

Didn't Jesus, according to Matthew chapter 23, have a similar problem with the religious leaders of his day to the point that he pronounced many 'woes' against them along with his reasons why.

The priestly class was teaching oral tradition not written in Scripture as Scripture.
Mark 7:7; Matthew 15:9

Whereas Jesus always used Scripture as religious truth -John 17:17.

False

False

True

Any multiple choice?

You thought I was serious?

But seriously, even religions which may not overtly use robes in their ceremonies still have some adherents who undoubtedly own bath robes. So, I have to count that answer wrong on a technicality.