• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Right, I will wait for more people to ask what they think is wrong with Islam. They can ask questions as well.

Scott1

Not that it is something "wrong"...... but what I feel is "weak" in the faith is the lack of unity and leadership. The Koran itself is not enough to teach Islam (you need other Muslims to interpret it correctly) and there as sooooo many different opinions out there it seems hard for me to take ANY seriously.

Peace be with you,
S

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Not that it is something "wrong"...... but what I feel is "weak" in the faith is the lack of unity and leadership. The Koran itself is not enough to teach Islam (you need other Muslims to interpret it correctly) and there as sooooo many different opinions out there it seems hard for me to take ANY seriously.

Peace be with you,
S
I believe that the the Holy Quran is enough to teach about Islam. If you read the Quran, there is not a SINGLE statement that is proven wrong, whether it may be scientifically, logically, or morally. Some statement may be unknown like God, and Life after Death, etc., but nothing is proven wrong, though.
Anyways, Muslims should govern thier nation by using the Quran and the Sahih Hadith.
Oh and penguino, you don't feel anything wrong with Islam anymore?

Scott1

I believe that the the Holy Quran is enough to teach about Islam. If you read the Quran, there is not a SINGLE statement that is proven wrong, whether it may be scientifically, logically, or morally.
Sooo.... if I read the Koran, however I interpret the words on the page are correct?

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Sooo.... if I read the Koran, however I interpret the words on the page are correct?
I welcome you brother to read the Holy Quran. But, you should know, that if you read it in English, the translator might have made a mistake, he is only human. I suggest you read the Arabic one. That will have no mistakes, but if you don't know Arabic, then read the English one, and tell me if you find something wrong, whether it is scientifically, morally, or logically. People have read the Holy Quran and become Muslims because they have found no mistakes.
Let me give you an example: Allah says in the Holy Quran, that in Hell, as the sinners burn, their skins will roast, but we will give them fresh skin so they could feel the pain. Quran says this 1400 years ago. And recently we learned that the skin makes us feel pain. That is just one example. How could anyone know that the skin makes us feel pain 1400 years ago?

Scott1

I welcome you brother to read the Holy Quran. But, you should know, that if you read it in English, the translator might have made a mistake, he is only human. I suggest you read the Arabic one. That will have no mistakes, but if you don't know Arabic, then read the English one, and tell me if you find something wrong, whether it is scientifically, morally, or logically.
I read the Koran almost every day.... and AGAIN... I'm not talking about something being wrong... but about correct interpretation and the various opinions (by those who speak Arabic) --- for instance my interpretation of Surah 2:62 is that I, as a Christain, should have no fear in the afterlife... God will welcome me as I belive now.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
I read the Koran almost every day.... and AGAIN... I'm not talking about something being wrong... but about correct interpretation and the various opinions (by those who speak Arabic) --- for instance my interpretation of Surah 2:62 is that I, as a Christain, should have no fear in the afterlife... God will welcome me as I belive now.
Yes many people get confused with that verse, but it begins with "those who believe". Believe in what? The Quran and Muhammad (peace be upon him) of course. Quran also says that Islam is th only religion that is acceptable in the eyes of Allah who is almighty God.
And, if you don't see anything wrong with the Quran, then why dont you become a Muslim? I mean there is nothing wrong with the Quran as you think so why not become a Muslim?

Scott1

Yes many people get confused with that verse, but it begins with "those who believe".
.... and THEN continues with "as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, the Christian...."

Pretty clear to me.
And, if you don't see anything wrong with the Quran, then why dont you become a Muslim? I mean there is nothing wrong with the Quran as you think so why not become a Muslim?
I know you REALLY trying hard to convert people to your faith... but you really don't want that question answered by me.... so stick to the Koran question... ok?

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
.... and THEN continues with "as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, the Christian...."

Pretty clear to me.

I know you REALLY trying hard to convert people to your faith... but you really don't want that question answered by me.... so stick to the Koran question... ok?
'
Yes it does, I follow the Jewish and the Christian scriptures but people have changed some of those scriptures words, and this verse means you have to follow the Quran, Torah and the Bible (but now they are changed so you should only follow the points that are in the Quran). Do you do all that?
And why don't I want it answered? I am being very logical, but you just say I don't want it answered. You believe that there is NOTHING wrong with the Quran yet you don't follow it? And by following the Quran means you are a Muslim.

Scott1

Yes it does, I follow the Jewish and the Christian scriptures but people have changed some of those scriptures words, and this verse means you have to follow the Quran, Torah and the Bible (but now they are changed so you should only follow the points that are in the Quran). Do you do all that?
No... I'm a Christian.... and you have avoided my point that the Koran teaches me that I don't need to convert.
And why don't I want it answered? I am being very logical, but you just say I don't want it answered. You believe that there is NOTHING wrong with the Quran so why not follow it? And by following the Quran means you are a Muslim.
I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Koran because I believe it was a book written by a man... can't be anything wrong with that.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
No... I'm a Christian.... and you have avoided my point that the Koran teaches me that I don't need to convert.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Koran because I believe it was a book written by a man... can't be anything wrong with that.
Yes the Quran does say something like that, but it says that "your job is only to deliver the message" and nothing more. Well, I have delivered the message, it is no longer my responsibility and it is your choice whether you want to become a Muslim or not. And what makes you think the Quran was written by a man? The Quran has no mistakes scientifically and it was made 1400 years ago in the time where barely anyone knew about science...how could a man make a book that has nothing wrong with it scientifically, when there was no science those days?

Scott1

Yes the Quran does say something like that, but it says that "your job is only to deliver the message" and nothing more.
"something like that".... is enough for me... close enough not to worry about converting to Islam.
Well, I have delivered the message, it is no longer my responsibility and it is your choice whether you want to become a Muslim or not.
I appreciate that.... :eek:
And what makes you think the Quran was written by a man? The Quran has no mistakes scientifically and it was made 1400 years ago in the time where barely anyone knew about science...how could a man make a book that has nothing wrong with it scientifically, and there was no science those days?
Ummm.... I know you are really trying hard to convert people to your faith, but weak apologetic tactics like this do very little to help your cause.... I appreciate you trying to "educate" but understand I remain Christian because of theology ---- not a book.

In the name of our merciful God,
S

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
"something like that".... is enough for me... close enough not to worry about converting to Islam.

I appreciate that.... :eek:

Ummm.... I know you are really trying hard to convert people to your faith, but weak apologetic tactics like this do very little to help your cause.... I appreciate you trying to "educate" but understand I remain Christian because of theology ---- not a book.

In the name of our merciful God,
S
By "something like that" I mean it is your choice. I have said facts to you and you refuse to believe. I don't really understand. The current Bible (the one that is also written by human beings) has lots of scientific mistakes, but the Quran has NONE. What weak tactic is that? I am saying the Quran has NOTHING WRONG in it. Yet you don't believe in it? And what do you mean by theology?
Oh and a side note, I am only going to be posting every half an hour since I have other stuff to do. Sorry but I need to do other stuff, so I will post half an hour later.

Popeyesays

The Bible has nothing WRONG in it either. Contradiction is not error. It can either be rectified by trying, or it can be shown to be immaterial.

The Qur'an does seemingly contradict itself. In one place it says it is forbidden to be drunk while praying. Yet in another it is forbidden to drink at all and ever be drunk.

Why? Because the laws concerning alcohol were revealed slowly over time.

The Qur'an, much to the chagrin of many Muslims, was NOT an instantaneous thing. It did not happen all at once but was revealed over decades.

Regards,
Scott

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
The Bible has nothing WRONG in it either. Contradiction is not error. It can either be rectified by trying, or it can be shown to be immaterial.

The Qur'an does seemingly contradict itself. In one place it says it is forbidden to be drunk while praying. Yet in another it is forbidden to drink at all and ever be drunk.

Why? Because the laws concerning alcohol were revealed slowly over time.

The Qur'an, much to the chagrin of many Muslims, was NOT an instantaneous thing. It did not happen all at once but was revealed over decades.

Regards,
Scott
Actually the Bible has lots of scientific errors in there and the Quran has none. I will post after thirty minutes.

Popeyesays

Neither the Bible nor the Qur'an are there to impart scientific knowledge.

The Qur'an makes no mention of the creation of elements heavier than iron in the furnace of Type 1 Stars--Baha`u'llah does. The Qur'an does not mention space travel. The writings of Abdu'l Baha do.

But the writings of Baha`u'llah, Abdu'l Baha, Muhammed and the Torah and Gospels are not their to impart scientific knowledge. They are there to educate and illuminte the hearts of men.

Whether the earth is at the center of the solar system, or the sun is has no real spiritual import. The sun after all is hardly at the center of this galaxy much less the universe. The Qur'an does not bother itself with that fact and leaves the impression that the sun is at the center of the universe--not true.

Regards,
Scott

Booko

Deviled Hen
Are you a Muslim, because if you aren't then why not become one since you believe there is nothing wrong with it.

For the same reason you don't become a Christian or a Jew, though you believe that Christ and Moses were Prophets, I expect. ;)

I'm a Baha'i. We all believe Muhammad (pbuh) was a Prophet, but we are not Muslims just as you are not a Christian or a Jew.

Booko

Deviled Hen
And recently we learned that the skin makes us feel pain. That is just one example. How could anyone know that the skin makes us feel pain 1400 years ago?

It's a little more involved than that, S.Z. The skin has pain receptors, but unless they're wired to the brain through the rest of the nervous system, there would be no pain.

And there is a rare disorder where people have skin, but feel no pain all the same.

Really, it seems a fruitless endeavor for anyone to try and prove their scriptures are right about spiritual matters by proving they are right about physical matters.

Booko

Deviled Hen
By "something like that" I mean it is your choice. I have said facts to you and you refuse to believe. I don't really understand. The current Bible (the one that is also written by human beings) has lots of scientific mistakes, but the Quran has NONE. What weak tactic is that? I am saying the Quran has NOTHING WRONG in it. Yet you don't believe in it? And what do you mean by theology?

It is a compeletly fallcious argument to say that because a book is right about physical science it is right about metaphysics.

Were this not so, I would hold up my copies of Physics texts and claim they are from God also and everyone should follow them.

Uh...no...that doesn't work, logically speaking.

Oh and a side note, I am only going to be posting every half an hour since I have other stuff to do. Sorry but I need to do other stuff, so I will post half an hour later.

No rush. We all check in at different times and sometimes not daily. Life has other demands.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
It's a little more involved than that, S.Z. The skin has pain receptors, but unless they're wired to the brain through the rest of the nervous system, there would be no pain.

And there is a rare disorder where people have skin, but feel no pain all the same.

Really, it seems a fruitless endeavor for anyone to try and prove their scriptures are right about spiritual matters by proving they are right about physical matters.
But why? Quran also states that we have created every living thing from water 1400 years ago? What was that, a lucky guess? Quran also says that every other animal besides us lives in communities like us, and recently we learned that this is true! People HAVE become Muslims like this, and they will continue to become Muslims like this. I joined this site to do some Internet Dawa stuff because the Quran teaches us to spread the message of Islam so that is what I am doing.