• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Such a god would be the cause of everything.
I do not believe God is the cause of everything, since humans are the cause of most things that happen, and that's why humans are responsible for those things.

God was only the cause of creation. After that His responsibilities ended since God gave man dominion over the earth.

Gen. 1 Verses 26 to 31
[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Bible, King James Version​

ppp

I do not believe God is the cause of everything, since humans are the cause of most things that happen, and that's why humans are responsible for those things.
I know. But that belief only ever comes with assertions. Never a scaffold of supported reasoning. So, I reject that belief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You can do all sorts of things with a dog that you can't with a cat. Play fetch, go for walks, hunt raccoons. Cats just demand that you feed them and sometimes will hop up on you for some attention.
You have a valid point about dogs doing things cats don't do, but dogs also do things like bark and bite, and dogs require a lot more attention than cats.
Both cats and dogs demand you feed them.

My cats do a lot more than hop on my lap. They often follow me around and some of them demand attention. They also sleep on my bed. I would not want a dog sleeping on my bed, dogs are not cuddly.
And I have luggage all throughout my house. That might be a problem:(
That would all depend upon whether your luggage is full or empty. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I know. But that belief only ever comes with assertions. Never a scaffold of supported reasoning. So, I reject that belief.
You belief only ever comes with assertions. I did not see you supporting your reasoning. So, I reject your belief.
Unless you can show that God is causing anything you don't have a leg to stand on.

• Haha
Reactions: ppp

ppp

You belief only ever comes with assertions. I did not see you supporting your reasoning. So, I reject your belief.
Unless you can show that God is causing anything you don't have a leg to stand on.
You just ignore my reasoning every time. In fact I gave you my reasoning last week on this subject for the umpteenth time. You never engage with the reasoning. You simply toss out an emoji and bail.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You just ignore my reasoning every time. In fact I gave you my reasoning last week on this subject for the umpteenth time. You never engage with the reasoning. You simply toss out an emoji and bail.

Been there, done that, worn the tee shirt. Even got a slapped hand for my troubles. Some religions are completely inflexible and deny logic calling their own view logical. In such a case it's impossible to for them to accept anything not in their instruction manual

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You have no reasoning. You just say God is responsible for everything, but you never say why that is the case.
For the umpteenth time, WHY is God responsible for everything that happens on earth?

P.S. Because God created everything is not a reasoned response. It is just your personal opinion, and it is not logical, since it is humans who cause things to happen by making choices and acting on those choices.

ChristineM

Premium Member
had causes related to lifestyle choices

That is so sad that you think that way, what lifestyle choices does a 6 year old child who contracts leukemia make that caused their leukemia?

What lifestyle choice caused me husband's prostrate cancer?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Actually it is the only logical response if you take the Tanakh, Bible and Qur'an at their word
Do you mean it is the only logical response if you take 'your interpretation' of the Tanakh, Bible and Qur'an at their word?

It is completely illogical to say that God is responsible for everything just because God created everything, since God gave man free will and dominion over the earth. Thus man is responsible for most things that happen except some kinds of natural disasters. Man is even responsible for most of our fate, because even if we did not choose something, our fate is usually determined by a choice someone else made.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Do you mean it is the only logical response if you take 'your interpretation' of the Tanakh, Bible and Qur'an at their word?

It is completely illogical to say that God is responsible for everything just because God created everything, since God gave man free will and dominion over the earth. Thus man is responsible for most things that happen except some kinds of natural disasters. Man is even responsible for most of our fate, because even if we did not choose something, our fate is usually determined by a choice someone else made.

No, i mean read the books as written, no magic wand, no time machine, no woo, just precisely as written

Nope, it is only illogical in your interpretation. You say god created man with free will, who put the free will there?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is so sad that you think that way, what lifestyle choices does a 6 year old child who contracts leukemia make that caused their leukemia?

What lifestyle choice caused me husband's prostrate cancer?
I said: No, God did not design those, they evolved naturally and/or had causes related to lifestyle choices.

Sure, many people get diseases that were not the result of a lifestyle choice, but why do you want to blame God? What do you get from doing that?
Why does it have to be someone's fault? **** happens. Just be grateful you still have a husband. My husband died of cancer and it was probably because the doctor dropped the ball for which I plan to seek justice.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, i mean read the books as written, no magic wand, no time machine, no woo, just precisely as written
What's written that says "God is responsible for everything"?
Nope, it is only illogical in your interpretation. You say god created man with free will, who put the free will there?
I cannot help people who are not logical.
To try to blame God for what people choose to do because God gave man free will is completely illogical.
If man had no free will to choose and act on those choices man could not choose to do anything so the world would come to a complete standstill.