• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Bird123

Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Look around you. Is that really what God requires? Isn't there much more going on? Wouldn't High Intelligence create as system by which there are no requirements other than choose freely and be yourself? Could not High Intelligence lead one to that Higher Level without requirements? High Intelligence must have enough Intelligence to make sure all the kiddies make it, otherwise it could not be a Higher Level.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I understand. These questions are too hard for you to answer. I understand why you are running.

Just because someone chooses not to answer your questions or has difficulty understanding what you have written because your statements aren't clear doesn't necessarily mean they are running. Perhaps you should accept and respect the fact that not everyone believes exactly as you do and just leave it at that. Personally speaking, I think it's rude and quite arrogant of you to keep pushing your spiritual beliefs on someone who is clearly not interested and perhaps even told you so. I think it's especially arrogant of you to be acting so lofty about your beliefs in this thread, too. I suggest that you give it a rest.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Just because someone chooses not to answer your questions or has difficulty understanding what you have written because your statements aren't clear doesn't necessarily mean they are running. Perhaps you should accept and respect the fact that not everyone believes in the biblical God like you do and just leave it at that.
FYI, @Bird123 ran away from the biblical God many years ago. He no longer believes in any religion, he believes that we have to Discover God for ourselves.

But you are correct. Just because someone chooses not to answer his questions or has difficulty understanding what he has written because your statements aren't clear doesn't necessarily mean they are running. Moreover, even after they do understand it they might run, because they adamantly disagree with his premises and conclusions, as I do.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
FYI, @Bird123 ran away from the biblical God many years ago. He no longer believes in any religion, he believes that we have to Discover God for ourselves.

But you are correct. Just because someone chooses not to answer his questions or has difficulty understanding what he has written because your statements aren't clear doesn't necessarily mean they are running. Moreover, even after they do understand it they might run, because they adamantly disagree with his premises and conclusions, as I do.

Thank you for the heads-up. I edited my post in order to correct my mistake in stating that he is a Christian.

stvdv

Veteran Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
What does God want?

Desire is a human attribute

Bird123

Just because someone chooses not to answer your questions or has difficulty understanding what you have written because your statements aren't clear doesn't necessarily mean they are running. Perhaps you should accept and respect the fact that not everyone believes exactly as you do and just leave it at that. Personally speaking, I think it's rude and quite arrogant of you to keep pushing your spiritual beliefs on someone who is clearly not interested and perhaps even told you so. I think it's especially arrogant of you to be acting so lofty about your beliefs in this thread, too. I suggest that you give it a rest.
I am simply responding to comments. I asked questions. To question is the start on the journey to Discovery. I question to Discover more. Free choices allows one to choose not to answer. Great!!

Free choice is an important part of God's system. I make no demands on anyone. I am not pushing anything. If I say the sky is blue, I am placing truth in the world. If you say no, bird123. The sky is green. That is your choice. Great!!

No one's journey has ever been up to me. Each must make their own choices. That is the only way one can Discover what the best choices really are.

I make no choices for anyone. On the other hand, by placing truth in the world, one copies God. What anyone chooses to do with the truth I or God places in the world is entirely up to them. I'm happy regardless of their choices because Discovering the results will lead one to understanding what the best choices really are.

The time-based causal nature of the universe is perfect for this. Don't you think?

Interaction is another part of God's system. Learning through interaction has never been one sided. You forget. I am learning too.

God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. Multi-angular, how many sides to any action can one see?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What does God want?

It is true that God does not have any desires for Himself, but I believe that God desires things for humanity. For example:

“He Who is your Lord, the All-Merciful, cherisheth in His heart the desire of beholding the entire human race as one soul and one body. Haste ye to win your share of God’s good grace and mercy in this Day that eclipseth all other created Days. How great the felicity that awaiteth the man that forsaketh all he hath in a desire to obtain the things of God! Such a man, We testify, is among God’s blessed ones.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 214

Bird123

Little ole me Running??? You bet I am!! A Hungry Student runs toward Knowledge, Truth, and Understanding. If I do not stick with religions, It's simply because their Math does not add up. This Math not adding up is probably why so many atheists run from religions as well.

My challenge about running had a purpose. Interaction!!! It was never meant to hurt anyone. I was hoping that challenge might bump that Ego enough to get back in the interaction. Apparently, I was wrong. Sad!!

Bird123

What does God want?

Good point!! God is about What Is. By understanding God's Actions and Choices, one can Discover what is.

Language is a funny thing. It is really not communication at it's best. It's easy to come up lacking. Example: You say God does not want yet the creation of all this has purpose. One could say God wanted or desired things to be.

Bird123

And where do you think you get Knowledge, Truth, and Understanding?
It is all around you!!!! Can you see??? It waits to be Discovered.

How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? It was there staring everyone in the face all along!!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is all around you!!!! Can you see??? It waits to be Discovered.

How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? It was there staring everyone in the face all along!!

God's Actions and Choices cannot be known by looking all around you because what you SEE when you look around are man's actions and choices.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Is that really the reason for running? Look beyond the surface and the excuses.
Remember how you couldn't answer my questions, and made so many errors in your responses that me and others pointed out that you decided not to engage with us any more? So you ran away because you didn't actually have truth afterall.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Unfortunately, in some religions, including the Baha'i Faith, we get one chance at life. I don't see how most of us could ever reach anything close to perfection.

Now if reincarnation were true, then the soul or spirit, whichever it is, could experience life from many perspectives... From being rich or poor, from being male or female, from being famous or a nobody, to being good looking to being ugly and on and on. I don't know if it's true or not, but I think it is much more fair.
Or a person who performs abortions could be one in his next life. I wonder how many lives it would take to even things out?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The problem I have is that there are so few Christians that live like God's love is in them. Is it possible for a person to have that love in them and reflect every day and in every action? You know the big issue is that we all see professing Christians, big-name leaders included, failing. The say one thing and do something else. And not like other people aren't perfect, but worse when Christians do it, because they claim to know God and to have Jesus in their heart.
I would imagine that you don't see many Christians but it is true that there are many who say they are but are not.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Or a person who performs abortions could be one in his next life.
Why assume there is a next life? Why assume abortion of a dying fetus is bad? Why get lost in moral fantasies when a person has a professional duty in this life?
I wonder how many lives it would take to even things out?
Think about that as pregnant women die because they can't get reproductive healthcare due to extremist laws that criminalize the duty of medical professionals. There are lawsuits against states that are putting limits on doctors because the results are serious consequences for vregnant women. You Christian extremists never acknowledge these immoral consequences of your idealistic beliefs.