• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Altfish

Veteran Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Money

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What would God need with money? For what purpose? To what end??
Give it to his representative for charity, Zakat, to help those people whom he made born poor or made poor
Right .. so belief in G-d is an extension of that,
acknowledging that our intentions and deeds affects our futures.
If I do not study, I fail in the examination. It is as simple as that.
If I sit before food and do not use my hand to eat, I remain hungry. Action and effect.
Why does it need any extension?

Maninthemiddle

The creation of man was not a random or arbitrary decision on God's part. Rather, it was a carefully deliberated and purposeful act, driven by the desire for companionship and meaningful interaction. God, being perfect and complete in Himself, did not need mankind to fulfill any personal void or deficiency. Instead, the creation of man was a deliberate choice made out of love and a desire to share His divine nature.

Maninthemiddle

The creation of man was not a random or arbitrary decision on God's part. Rather, it was a carefully deliberated and purposeful act, driven by the desire for companionship and meaningful interaction. God, being perfect and complete in Himself, did not need mankind to fulfill any personal void or deficiency. Instead, the creation of man was a deliberate choice made out of love and a desire to share His divine nature.

Bird123

Give it to his representative for charity, Zakat, to help those people whom he made born poor or made poor

If I do not study, I fail in the examination. It is as simple as that.
If I sit before food and do not use my hand to eat, I remain hungry. Action and effect.
Why does it need any extension?
If God made someone poor, why would God give money in order to change what God created? Your math does not add up. Perhaps the better approach is to try to understand what is changed and what is learned by the people poor and those around the poor people. There is knowledge that exists beyond the surface.

I think it is a good idea to help the poor the best one can, however God will not allow anyone to interfere with the lessons others are learning. Have you ever tried to help someone and no matter what you did you could not help? That is an example of what I speak.

If one chooses to help, regardless of being able to actually help. it still speaks to one's goodness and kindness making the effort. That can never be taken away.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

Every church, synagogue, mosque etc that I've been to have had a collection box or similar
Ah. but that is not God!! Your examples are all creations of mankind. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. How are they doing?? I have found no religion that really understands God at all.

God does not belong to any religion. I can understand why.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Ah. but that is not God!! Your examples are all creations of mankind. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. How are they doing?? I have found no religion that really understands God at all..
Clearly not .. so you've made your own. ;)

God does not belong to any religion. I can understand why.
Of course G-d does not belong to any religion.
G-d is not a person .. religion is for people.

G-d does not have needs .. but we do!

G.o.design

OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Originally he wanted us to live in joy without suffering but once we became corrupt he only wanted our destruction but he showed favor to the pleas of one family and made a deal and gave us a set time to enjoy our existence until he destroy us and recreate.

Bird123

Clearly not .. so you've made your own. ;)

Of course G-d does not belong to any religion.
G-d is not a person .. religion is for people.

G-d does not have needs .. but we do!
I have not made my own religion. I simply Discovered what actually exists. You are right. God has no needs. You are also right. We have needs, however does one really get those needs met living in a box of beliefs instead of pressing on to Discover what the Truth really is? So many have been taught the journey ends at believing when, in fact, that is where the journey begins !!

That is what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

What shall we call his religion? I think we should call it the religion of Discovery, with the Prophet founder @Bird123.
Do I really have a religion? I make no demands. I ask for no followers. I ask for no money. I don't ask anyone to believe. In fact, I have made it a point that believing is not what I want. I have placed Real Truth in the world. What one chooses to do with truth is entirely up to them. I have stated no penalty or punishment for ignoring me completely. I have pointed to where one can Discover that truth for themselves. I tell people to be who they must. It's a part of the plan.

Does this really sound like a religion?

Truth will not always be an agreeable thing. I can not change that truth does not agree with anyone's beliefs. Truth is what truth is. I can not change it. On the other hand, everything should be questioned, even those long held beliefs people like so well that they refused to question because those long held beliefs are what they want instead of what actually is.

Bird123

Originally he wanted us to live in joy without suffering but once we became corrupt he only wanted our destruction but he showed favor to the pleas of one family and made a deal and gave us a set time to enjoy our existence until he destroy us and recreate.
Your Math does not add up. Doesn't your god come up lacking in the creation department? Didn't your god know how it would turn out? If you say no, why did God create pain? Pain is a sign something is wrong. If pain never existed, how could there be an suffering? Did not your god know these things?

Mankind's goal is to have it made, living in joy without suffering. That is not God's goal.

God's goal is the education of God's children. We learn what the best choices really are through our choices. Since pain is a sign something is wrong, it is a key part of learning what the best choices really are. Could one really learn without it? Further, without all choices at our disposal how could one ever learn it all and gain the wisdom that will allow one to be able to create a Heavenly state for oneself and others?

In the end, one will acquire the wisdom to have joy without making the choices that create suffering. God's children were not ignored to what they want. On the other hand, each must learn how for oneself. It is something that should never be done for someone.

So how is God looking now? How is the Math? God already knows what will happen. God already knows how it will turn out. All God's children are on the path to be Glorious, Magnificent, with Great Wisdom. How could anyone want or do better for their children??

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do I really have a religion? I make no demands. I ask for no followers. I ask for no money. I don't ask anyone to believe. In fact, I have made it a point that believing is not what I want.
To qualify as a religion, it does not have to meet the criteria that you delineated.
The Baha'i Faith is a religion but it does not make demands, ask for followers, ask for money, or ask anyone to believe.
I have placed Real Truth in the world. What one chooses to do with truth is entirely up to them. I have stated no penalty or punishment for ignoring me completely. I have pointed to where one can Discover that truth for themselves.
If you have pointed to where one can Discover the Real Truth for themselves, why does anyone need you to 'place' Real Truth in the world?
Does this really sound like a religion?
Yes, because it is a belief system related to God. It is your personal belief system.

religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

Bird123

Your Math does not add up. Doesn't your god come up lacking in the creation department? Didn't your god know how it would turn out? If you say no, why did God create pain? Pain is a sign something is wrong. If pain never existed, how could there be an suffering? Did not your god know these things?

Mankind's goal is to have it made, living in joy without suffering. That is not God's goal.

God's goal is the education of God's children. We learn what the best choices really are through our choices. Since pain is a sign something is wrong, it is a key part of learning what the best choices really are. Could one really learn without it? Further, without all choices at our disposal how could one ever learn it all and gain the wisdom that will allow one to be able to create a Heavenly state for oneself and others?

In the end, one will acquire the wisdom to have joy without making the choices that create suffering. God's children were not ignored to what they want. On the other hand, each must learn how for oneself. It is something that should never be done for someone.

So how is God looking now? How is the Math? God already knows what will happen. God already knows how it will turn out. All God's children are on the path to be Glorious, Magnificent, with Great Wisdom. How could anyone want or do better for their children??

Bird123

To qualify as a religion, it does not have to meet the criteria that you delineated.
The Baha'i Faith is a religion but it does not make demands, ask for followers, ask for money, or ask anyone to believe.

If you have pointed to where one can Discover the Real Truth for themselves, why does anyone need you to 'place' Real Truth in the world?

Yes, because it is a belief system related to God. It is your personal belief system.

religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

When I place truth in the world, it is not a belief. If we meet in the desert and I say there is an oasis 5 miles east with plenty of water. It is not a belief because I have been there. You might see what I say as a belief because you have not been there. Your lack of knowledge does not constitute that I am dealing with beliefs. I have asked no one to worship or believe at all. I simply state what I have Discovered.

If you want the water, you will take the journey. You still will be dealing with beliefs until you arrive at the water. If you don't want the water, you will do nothing. It really has nothing to do with beliefs on my part. Your free choice is your free choice. God grants you free choice but that has nothing to do with religion. It's simply what is.

What did you say? The baha FAITH? The title alone states that is nothing but a bunch of beliefs. Faith-Beliefs. So what you are telling me is that baha has never collected any money? So are you telling me the baha never seeks out followers or tells their people to spread their beliefs to gain followers? Baha doesn't value beliefs and faith above all else??? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

I do not have a belief system related to God. I have knowledge of God through experience. Simply because you are living a belief system does not mean I am. It seems everything in your life is a belief system. Is it really too much work to Discover anything on your own? Must all your knowledge come as a belief or non-belief of what others say? Where is your hunger to know? It seems very lacking.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When I place truth in the world, it is not a belief.
It is a belief that you are placing truth in the world because it is not a fact that you are placing truth in the world.
Your free choice is your free choice. God grants you free choice but that has nothing to do with religion. It's simply what is.
That is true. Religion might teach that we have free will, but free will simply is what it is.
What did you say? The baha FAITH? The title alone states that is nothing but a bunch of beliefs. Faith-Beliefs. So what you are telling me is that baha has never collected any money? So are you telling me the baha never seeks out followers or tells their people to spread their beliefs to gain followers? Baha doesn't value beliefs and faith above all else??? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration solicits contributions. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.
Baha'is 'share' the message since that is what Baha'u'llah enjoined us to do, just as Jesus told his disciples to carry the gospel message far and wide.
Baha'is do not seek out followers. The Baha'i Faith does not tell their people to spread their beliefs to gain followers. Baha'is are on their own to choose whether or not to share the message or not.

The Baha'i Faith does not value beliefs and faith above all else. We value deeds above all else.

“The essence of faith is fewness of words and abundance of deeds; he whose words exceed his deeds, know verily his death is better than his life.”​
“Man is like unto a tree. If he be adorned with fruit, he hath been and will ever be worthy of praise and commendation. Otherwise a fruitless tree is but fit for fire.” Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 156, 257
76: O SON OF MY HANDMAID! Guidance hath ever been given by words, and now it is given by deeds. Every one must show forth deeds that are pure and holy, for words are the property of all alike, whereas such deeds as these belong only to Our loved ones. Strive then with heart and soul to distinguish yourselves by your deeds. In this wise We counsel you in this holy and resplendent tablet.​
I do not have a belief system related to God. I have knowledge of God through experience.
You have a belief system, not knowledge of God. You believe that you have knowledge of God through experience.
Simply because you are living a belief system does not mean I am. It seems everything in your life is a belief system.
Everything in your life is based upon your belief system called Discovery. You believe you are Discovering something.
Is it really too much work to Discover anything on your own? Must all your knowledge come as a belief or non-belief of what others say?
I can and do Discover many things on my own. Having a religion does not preclude living life and discovering and learning, which is exactly what my religion enjoins us to do, since the purpose of our life in this world is to learn and grow spiritually.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money.
The Baha'i Universal House of Justice collects the funds via the box the local spiritual assemblies place in each and every feast in my view.

It always makes me laugh to hear apologists reach into the up is really down black is really white toolbox.