• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What faith would you support banning???

What faith would you suppoort banning?

• Total voters

Aqualung

Tasty
I vote none.

As well should EVERY American! ( as long as they obey our laws.)

Amen.

So living in America automatically means that (a) we must like American values and (b) must further hold to those american values? That's the silliest thing I've heard in this most silly of threads.

Aqualung

Tasty
beckysoup said:
Again, there is not good reason to ban any religion except if they are harming another human being or breaking a law. Do personal freedoms mean nothing to those who like to ban certain religions?
Is Libertarian the only valid political/social/philosophical leaning? The real answer is yes :)p) but there are many other philosophical ideals. Utilitarianism, for example, would state basically what Madhatter is stating - if religions aren't good for people and/or society, they should be banned. The greater good is higher or more valuable than mere personal freedom. Assuming libertarianism, yes it seems silly to want to ban those things, but why assume it in the first place?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
because other religious groups believe in a single authority that teaches good things like love, peace, and service to your fellow man. those are good things.

I cannot respect the practice of worshiping Satan, or his followers, or anything of the like.

As far as I know, although I don't accept a single authority (unless you count history and my own gods), my religion still teaches peace, love and service to ones community. Can you explain to me how the religions on your list don't actually teach those things?

wednesday

Jesus
I say ban people who cause trouble from appearing publicly supporting their religion, this taints the reputation of their religion.
A point of interest: In my younger years i was asked to remove a shirt in a public school saying "God is dead" (slayer). Is this right? Apparently im allowed to think what i want, so who cares what it says? I mean what if im offended by Christians who i offended with my shirt?

Ever learning

I would not ban any faith. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to belive in. there is something good to be found in most religions. I take what applies and discard the rest. I feel that people who promote hate and violence should be dealt with on an individual basis though.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
1)Faith is a feeling from the heart and not a religious belief, unless you follow the Anti-Christ being Paul etc…..
2)Christianity can not be called a faith anyways; as it steals someone else’s and calls it their own….considering most of it contradicts Yeshua words (+ Bible) it is hypocritical evidence of its self, that it is really just Phariseeism.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Difficult one, as here in the west, we have freedom of choice regarding religions/faiths. There are clearly a lot of pseudo-faiths around. And some of them have grown into large organisations with wealth and influence. I don't believe banning them is really on the cards. I was interested to read recently that the Swiss are denying planning permission for any new mosques, minarets in particular appeear to be causing offence there.

Melissa

gnostic

The Lost One
If a person is allow freely to join a religion, sect, or whatever, then a person should be able to choose to leave freely if the religion is not for them. So I would favour a ban on any religion that don't allow a person or group of people to leave a religion without harrassment and persecution.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
If a person is allow freely to join a religion, sect, or whatever, then a person should be able to choose to leave freely if the religion is not for them. So I would favour a ban on any religion that don't allow a person or group of people to leave a religion without harrassment and persecution.

Crazy, I have heard the phrase "You were baptized catholic, and you'll always be catholic, and there's nothing you can do about it" spoken from the lips of a RC Priest.

What annoyed me the most about his statement is the fact that they baptize infants, and IF his statement were to be factual then that would suck because then you don't even have a chance to choose since your forced to when you're a baby.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Crazy, I have heard the phrase "You were baptized catholic, and you'll always be catholic, and there's nothing you can do about it" spoken from the lips of a RC Priest.

What annoyed me the most about his statement is the fact that they baptize infants, and IF his statement were to be factual then that would suck because then you don't even have a chance to choose since your forced to when you're a baby.

you can still walk away though. :shrug:

gnostic

The Lost One
Muslims say basically the same thing. They say that all babies are born Muslims, no need for baptism.

You can't leave the religion without families and communities harrassing the person who choose to leave. Family would ostracise their own flesh and blood if they don't return to the fold.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
It's just extremely saddening to see people like that. I like the fact that i had a choice to be baptised, to learn and grow in my church, i wasn't forced or harassed, even when i became inactive, nobody made fun of me and ostracized me, and when i came back they accepted me with loving arms as if i had never been gone.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Which just means they keep you on their list. Big Whoop.

Technically according to the RCC my husband is Catholic. Actually he's Baha'i.

Don't make it out like the RCC bothers anyone who chooses to leave, because they don't.

Right. Funny, my husband got to choose. :sarcastic

And the only Inquisition we've seen around Chez Booko is on a Python DVD.

madhatter85

Transhumanist

Which just means they keep you on their list. Big Whoop.

Technically according to the RCC my husband is Catholic. Actually he's Baha'i.

Don't make it out like the RCC bothers anyone who chooses to leave, because they don't.

Right. Funny, my husband got to choose. :sarcastic

And the only Inquisition we've seen around Chez Booko is on a Python DVD.

yeah i know i agree with what your saying that they just "keep you on the books" It's just the way people say things that just gets me....

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
yeah i know i agree with what your saying that they just "keep you on the books" It's just the way people say things that just gets me....

Well, people have similar reservations about the LDS church, so just remember you're not the only one in a position to be uncomfortable.