• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What has happened to Protestantism?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Some founding fathers were as close to atheist as one could get in their time, yes. Not all were so, however. Patrick Henry for example was a red hot poker of religiosity. I don't remember if he was one of the signers, but he was definitely a founding father in my opinion.
There were indeed enough Christians to confuse today's populace into thinking the US was founded on Christian principles. It was much more modeled after Iroquois and Roman principles.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
T

Times change and much of that stuff is outdated.

Singing those old hymns is about as boring as it gets and certainly not celebrating the joy of Christ. They feel more like a chore you are required to do.
It's probably what had fired off the charismatic movement and prosperity gospel.

Now megachurchs look more like Disneyland-ish theme parks and campgrounds than a church.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The same that happened to Catholicism and the other 45000+ denominations of Christianity including JWs, and Mormons, right, please?
All these denominations of Christendom have been misled by Saul of Tarsus aka Paul , right, please?

These ^ denominations have got nothing to do with the teachings and deeds of (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), please, right?

Those lovers of Yeshua who would sincerely follow him in his teachings and deeds could search and research of themselves and return to him, right?

Regards

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member

The same that happened to Catholicism and the other 45000+ denominations of Christianity including JWs, and Mormons, right, please?
All these denominations of Christendom have been misled by Saul of Tarsus aka Paul , right, please?
That's too simplistic..
There are Christians who do not believe that Jesus is G-d eg. Unitarians

Saul of Tarsus was a Pharisee, and responsible for bringing faith to non-Jews. It's the bishops
and Roman Empire who established the Orthodox Christian creed, and not him.

RestlessSoul

There were indeed enough Christians to confuse today's populace into thinking the US was founded on Christian principles. It was much more modeled after Iroquois and Roman principles.

Roman certainly, being a republic. Didn’t know about the Iroquois though, do you have a source for this?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I was baptized an Anglican a few weeks ago.

This is amazing, Rival. Congratulations and enjoy your journey.
I am finding, however, that young Protestants (under 30 or 35) seem to take Protestantism to mean:

IMV, that is quite normal. Jesus in Mark 4 states all types of people. I don’t think people have changed. It is a matter of who is thirsty and who is not. For an example… how old are you and when did you get baptized (Not seeking an answer but just showing how people are different.

I think the biggest difference is that people aren’t preaching “Protestantism” but rather Jesus Christ.

1. No liturgy.

I think there is liturgy, just not Anglican liturgy.
2. No Tradition.

Again, I think there is tradition, just not necessarily Anglican tradition
3. No Saints.

Scripturally, Christians are saints.
4. Bible only.

Not “Bible only” but rather “the Bible is the plumb-line" to judge traditions for many traditions, as per Jesus, makes God’s word of none effect.

Should the Word of God have preeminence? “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God"

5. Rock music.

Did you know that many of the hymns were song using the melodies sung in the pubs of England? - All music can worship God.
Wtf is happening to Protestantism?

The Word has to be relevant to the generation it is speakiing to.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
This is amazing, Rival. Congratulations and enjoy your journey.

IMV, that is quite normal. Jesus in Mark 4 states all types of people. I don’t think people have changed. It is a matter of who is thirsty and who is not. For an example… how old are you and when did you get baptized (Not seeking an answer but just showing how people are different.

I think the biggest difference is that people aren’t preaching “Protestantism” but rather Jesus Christ.

I think there is liturgy, just not Anglican liturgy.

Again, I think there is tradition, just not necessarily Anglican tradition

Scripturally, Christians are saints.

Not “Bible only” but rather “the Bible is the plumb-line" to judge traditions for many traditions, as per Jesus, makes God’s word of none effect.

Should the Word of God have preeminence? “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God"

Did you know that many of the hymns were song using the melodies sung in the pubs of England? - All music can worship God.

The Word has to be relevant to the generation it is speakiing to.
I'm 28.

It's not relevant to me.

It doesn't work for me at all.

Kenny

Premium Member

Great… that is when I started.
It's not relevant to me.

Yes! God meets us where it is relevant to us.
It doesn't work for me at all.

Yes! God knows what works for us individually. Just like when I raised my three children and raised them differently, God know what works for us individually.

I’m sure you will have a great spiritual journey

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually, I would reverse it and say that it was founded on Christian principles which include Roman principles that, in many cases, Christianity could encompass.

Spice

Roman certainly, being a republic. Didn’t know about the Iroquois though, do you have a source for this?
There are others, but here's one:

Spice

Spice

Spice

Spice

Spice

Actually, I would reverse it and say that it was founded on Christian principles which include Roman principles that, in many cases, Christianity could encompass.
Not "Christian" principles as they usually included we're right and you're wrong, which was indeed the attitude of most early settlers. However, the government took the more inclusive Noahide Covenant that was based on principle #1 -- the establishment of laws for the overall good of the people to include: the prohibitions of: blasphemy, idolatry, adultery, bloodshed, theft, and eating the blood of a living animal. The first two prohibitions would be covered under Freedom of Religion. "Eating the blood of a living animal," I can't say that one included, but I'm also not sure it was needed by the 18th century.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" It (U.S. Constitution) was much more modeled after Iroquois "

"I was not aware of this, but I don't live in America, very informative, I rated one's post as " winner":
"When the Founders met in 1787 to create the U.S. Constitution, there were no contemporary democracies in Europe from which they could draw inspiration. The only forms of government they had encountered were those of the Native American tribes. Of particular interest was the Iroquois Confederacy, who had already formed a multi-state government that ensures individual governance and freedoms. The structure of the Confederacy represented five tribes: Mohawk, Onondaga, Cayuga, Oneida and Seneca and was federal in nature, operating under The Great Law of Peace, a doctrine of 117 codicils where individual tribes handled their own affairs but came together to solve issues of common importance. The founders were impressed by how the Iroquois legislated their affairs and shortly thereafter, they drafted the U.S. Constitution echoing the Great Law of Peace. Historians agree the Iroquois wielded a major influence in the writings of the U.S. Constitution. "

Thanks and regards