• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What IF McCain Wins? What Will You Do?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You know, I do find this interesting however. Depending on the polls you subscribe to, the country is divided 55% to 45% or 60-40 something like that. Compare that to this thread and you would think it was 95% for Obama. That speaks volumes about how skewed RF members are.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You know, I do find this interesting however. Depending on the polls you subscribe to, the country is divided 55% to 45% or 60-40 something like that. Compare that to this thread and you would think it was 95% for Obama. That speaks volumes about how skewed RF members are.

No one is stopping more conservative slanted people from joining RF. Invite some family and friends or something.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
No one is stopping more conservative slanted people from joining RF. Invite some family and friends or something.
I hope that never happens. Its already bad enough with how many extreme liberal nut jobs we got here. Imagine what it would be like if we flooded it with the same amount of right wing nut jobs?

thcatfight_4.gif

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Invite some family and friends or something.
That statement reminds me of a great exchange between two of the wittiest men to ever grace this earth.

George Bernarnd Shaw had written the play "Major Barbara", and it was due to open in the theatre. He sent two tickets to his good friend, Winston Churchill, along with a note that read: "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new Play, bring a friend... if you have one."

Churchill returned the tickets, and enclosed a note for Shaw that read: "I can't attend on opening night. I will be there on the second night, if there is one".

Great humor, from two great friends.

Last edited:

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
All the Chicken Littles and their ridiculous predictions of ruin make me :biglaugh: Get real and grow up please!! The US economy is more diverse and resilient than many of you are capable of imagining. It goes up and down and every which way, but the President has precious little control over any of it.

I'm voting McCain not because I'm blown away by him and Palin but rather because 1) I do not want a Democratic President making Supreme Court nominations and 2) We do NOT need the same party controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency, as we need some semblance of checks and balances.

As to the topic....What will I do if McCain wins? The EXACT same things I'd do if Obama wins. Go to work, pay down debts, not take on new debts(with the possible exception of a mortgage) I'm not leaving the country or changing much no matter who wins.

texan1

All the Chicken Littles and their ridiculous predictions of ruin make me :biglaugh: Get real and grow up please!! .

Hopefully you realize that some of these 'predictions of ruin' were attempts at humor. But I disagree...the president does have something to do with the economy and other major issues.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Hopefully you realize that some of these 'predictions of ruin' were attempts at humor. But I disagree...the president does have something to do with the economy and other major issues.
attempts at humor...maybe...sometimes it's hard to tell with lefties. So, you disagree with my statement that the President has precious little control over the economy. Your statement that the President has 'something' to do with really does not refute my point. I guess you really do agree with me. :cool:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Assuming that the vote was honest, if McCain wins I will mourn for all our sakes...

for a little while. And then I will get up and go to work again, trying to make the country more just. Which is what I would be doing if Obama wins. It will just be that much harder if McCain is in office, and that much more necessary.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
There may be more liberals on RF over all. But the number of "nut jobs" is decidedly skewed to the Right.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
All the Chicken Littles and their ridiculous predictions of ruin make me :biglaugh: Get real and grow up please!! The US economy is more diverse and resilient than many of you are capable of imagining. It goes up and down and every which way, but the President has precious little control over any of it.

I'm voting McCain not because I'm blown away by him and Palin but rather because 1) I do not want a Democratic President making Supreme Court nominations and 2) We do NOT need the same party controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency, as we need some semblance of checks and balances.

As to the topic....What will I do if McCain wins? The EXACT same things I'd do if Obama wins. Go to work, pay down debts, not take on new debts(with the possible exception of a mortgage) I'm not leaving the country or changing much no matter who wins.

Well, Captain, I think you're wrong about how much damage McCain -- and especially Palin -- are capable of doing the country. But I'm damn glad you're voting anyway, because this nation should never be governed by people of just one opinion or point of view. That, if you can imagine it, would be worse than even a Palin Presidency. :D

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Well, Captain, I think you're wrong about how much damage McCain -- and especially Palin -- are capable of doing the country. But I'm damn glad you're voting anyway, because this nation should never be governed by people of just one opinion or point of view. That, if you can imagine it, would be worse than even a Palin Presidency. :D

Phil, Sarah would get to vote in the Senate if there is a tie. Most of the time, the VP does very little and sometimes gets into trouble with all that free time and all.

I would think you would be dancing in the streets that she was the VP instead of Dick Cheney.

Why are you focusing on Palin instead of the Grand Old Party nominee?

Elessar

I'm trying to decide what to do if McCain wins. I'm stuck between my commemorative Half Life 2 crowbar and a good, aluminum baseball bat.

But, seriously, I'm going to be angry, but it doesn't mean life ends. I'm gonna keep going to classes, paying my bills, and so on. Really, it won't have that much immediate impact on my life.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Well, Captain, I think you're wrong about how much damage McCain -- and especially Palin -- are capable of doing the country...
Well, it's not the first time someone has been wrong about my opinion. :D If either candidate has the capacity to do damage as President, it's Obama I don't think a President Obama would destroy the US economy, but his plans to increase taxes, redistribute wealth, and strengthen labor unions will certainly send a LOT more jobs out of the US, and that clearly has the potential to do more damage than anything President McCain has planned.

The real damage is done by Congress that sends the President an unbalanced budget filled with pork...and bozos on BOTH sides of the aisle are adept at doing! I just hope whoever we elect next week will exercise that veto pen and try to rein in some of the spending.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Phil, Sarah would get to vote in the Senate if there is a tie. Most of the time, the VP does very little and sometimes gets into trouble with all that free time and all.

I would think you would be dancing in the streets that she was the VP instead of Dick Cheney.

Why are you focusing on Palin instead of the Grand Old Party nominee?

McCain might die in office leaving the country to Palin. That scares me.

texan1

attempts at humor...maybe...sometimes it's hard to tell with lefties. So, you disagree with my statement that the President has precious little control over the economy. Your statement that the President has 'something' to do with really does not refute my point. I guess you really do agree with me. :cool:

I am not agreeing with you. Sorry if I gave that impression:p

Would you say that the decision to go to war has any effect on the economy, now or in the future? And would you say that the current President had anything to do with that decision? :shrug: In any case, we are talking about more than just the economy. Our reputation throughout the world is certainly affected by who is in office. Bush has certainly done some terrible damage there.

Now with regards to my individual, everyday life....it probably won't be much different than it is now under either of these two men....But if Palin were to somehow take control of the office, I would have a general sense of unease and a sense of complete embarrassment for America.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing

Nice post. This is my exact mind set, except I won't be voting for McCain. However, if/when Obama is elected, I am slightly worried about liberal supreme justices. With the last vote on our Second Amendment rights nearly being overturned due to liberal justices, that can be worriesome.