• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each others Religion?

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Judaism is a good example of how size and being a major player on the world stage does not make a religion major.
I would consider the Old Ways of the norse, as well as the pantheons of the Greek and Egyptian faiths. I would even include the occult or mysteries as 'major' faiths in regards to their influences to the mainstream religions.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Nobody really requires consensus among religions to just agree to be kind to each other, let go of hatred etc. The UN charter of human rights is enough for that.

I noticed that you watered down your call to "accept" religions to just generic virtues that everyone already agreed upon as soon as I put forward to question of common worship to include Christians and Muslims and Bahai taking part in worship of Siva and Kali idols.
Well no one should be compelled to worship the way another religion worships. But in interfaith all these faiths do come together and pray. They probably have a common verbal prayer which each say from their respective religion but say their diverse special forms of prayer in their own communities.

ppp

From what I read, they don't have to report yearly. However, they are subject to 'examinations' (a term that was changed from "audit") from 'examiners' (term changed from agents) if there is any peculiarities in their case. It's all very bureaucratic as would be expected, but as far as the paperwork side of things goes, I for one am satisfied.
From what I can see you have made a series of statements that were demonstrably incorrect. And are "satisfied" to ignore that fact. :thumbsup:

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Good author. Terrible human. But good author.

Good quote, too. But relevance?
Relevance is towards the idea that ideals or institutions cease to exist without members, whereas I see it more of a hybernation, awaiting to be rehashed. Sometimes this is good, often times it is not so much.

ppp

I reckon Shoghi Effendi would roll around in his grave if he knew you were participating in a Christian ritual. Its great how much faiths change in the hands of their adherents just after a few decades of liberalisation in my view.
So true. Does any religion survive to the next generation?

People so proudly declare that they do not interpret their religion. What stuff. :)

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
While it might be a lovely thought, you simply can't get around the contradictory truth claims. A Jew who believes God has no body and no form and is not a man is simply never going to agree with a Christian who says that Jesus is God. They simply cannot both be right.
It depends upon which Christian group. Many Christian groups believe in God but not that Jesus is God and Muslims believe in God too. Some religions don’t call the unknown as God but the Ultimate Reality or other terms. It’s semantics but if we really want to get along we can surmount these minor obstacles. We are one human family after all and we do have our common humanity to fall back on when all else fails.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Why should we deprive ourselves.?
As long as there is still the thought, feeling:
"my Religion is the best (better)", or
"my Religion is the only way to ..." or
"Jesus is the only way"

Then

One belittles the other's Faith and feelings, meaning disrespect and lack of Love. Then there is no genuine interest in the other's Teachings, at 'best' I see interest to know the Teachings as to use it to disprove the other Religion

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member
In this way we can celebrate our diversity. I think in many places this is happening and also interfaith breaking down barriers

I myself I accept all the major religions and their Founders and Holy Books and find this enriches me
1) I accept other major Religions (Teachings)

2) I know "All Religions (Teachings) are One", meaning one is not better than the other. There is no need to change Religion (no need to evangelize), just stick to the one of your choice and use it to get rid of all your vices and embark on the path of Love

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
As long as there is still the thought, feeling:
"my Religion is the best (better)", or
"my Religion is the only way to ..." or
"Jesus is the only way"
What if we modify the thought slightly in a subjective manner:

"My religion was the best for me to receive"
"My religion is the only way for me to see"
"prophet's name was my link to God"

"There are other ways, but God provided the best way for me."

:shrug:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I was not dictating to others what their religion is really about. I was just me correcting what @loverofhumanity said about religion not being eternal, since I remembered the quote where Baha'u'llah said that religion is eternal.

I was not making the point that religion is eternal. I believe that religion is eternal because that is a Baha'i belief, but I am not going to find quotes from other religions that say religion is eternal since other religions do not teach that.
Eternal in the sense that there will always be religion but not in the sense that every religion is eternal. For example the Quran mentions that Islam is for 1,000 years and Christianity will be superseded by the new heaven and new earth and new name mentioned in the Book of Revelation. The statement ‘This is the faith of God eternal in the past, eternal in the future’ more so addresses the Muslim belief that Muhammad is the final Prophet and the Islam last religion. Baha’u’llah dismisses that idea with that statement.

ppp

The series of errors I've made. As per your accusation:
I have corrected you on the issue of Churches and the fact that they do not have to require income on more than one occasion over the past few hours. Even if you don't agree that you were legitimately corrected, you should be able to, at the very least, recognize the format of what a correction would be. I have stopped taking you seriously.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It depends upon which Christian group. Many Christian groups believe in God but not that Jesus is God'
The only Christian group still in existence that I'm aware of who don't believe Jesus is God is the Jehovah's witnesses, and a great many Christians do not accept them as fellow Christians due to this belief.

My point was simply that you have competing truth claims that cannot just be glossed over.