• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Your Country Becomes Islamic

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it a common view in Oz that it didn't matter who won WW2?

Just my opinion, but no, I don't think it's a common view.
Separately to that, it's not a view I agree with either.

Having said that, I agree with many of Bunyip's points about war. IN simple terms the American military goes far beyond what is required for self defence, and is designed as a key tool of foreign policy.
The level of spending is unjustifiable to my mind.

Not sure what your opinion on that is, but I'm suspecting we're not miles apart in our general opinion on these things, based on what I've read from your posts.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Certainly. We have very different values regarding self defense, both by individuals & by entire countries. I favor it. You don't. I would fight oppression. You wouldn't.

That is a very suspect, jaundiced way of describing the situation. It at least borders straight dishonesty, in fact.

I sorely hope Americans come to realize that. It is scary to notice that apparently most are so very oblivious to such obvious facts.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Things were intended to be studied. This is old news. But to label the bombings as simply a "scientific experiment" is to ignore their role in the strategy to end the war sooner.

Do you see moral significance in whether such a role existed?

Assuming that you do, which motivation is worse between the two?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
......................... islam ......................evolution

Peace be on you.
Please note Ahmadiyya Muslims (who believe that later days' spiritual reformer has come with peaceful ways) believe from Holy Quran that, Allah the Exalted used creation plus guided-evolution. Details @
Revelation, Rationality, Knowledge & Truth @ Al Islam -Revelation, Rationality, Knowledge and Truth
wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/revelation/index.html

In true Islamic country all human rights should be preserved, which unfortunately is not being practiced now. Muslim can be good citizen of the country of living. They always do not look for full country. Love of country of residence is part of faith.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So.....peace resulting from your immediately surrendering to the aggressor is "global sanity"?

Oh, no. Hardly that. Avoiding the conflict in the first place is.

Oh, dear.

I was thinking the same...

As things went, the US was doing quite well near the end. But the middle....that is where chaos lay.

Don't you see what "the middle" is, when it comes to war?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

-Premarital sex is forbidden

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution

Yes it will be hard to accept Islam in such countries where you can find drug and alcohol abusers and
free prostitutes that men can have free sex with as kind of friendship.

But it isn't true that all Muslim countries are forbidding women to drive cars and to wear sexy dresses.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just my opinion, but no, I don't think it's a common view.
Separately to that, it's not a view I agree with either.
Having said that, I agree with many of Bunyip's points about war. IN simple terms the American military goes far beyond what is required for self defence, and is designed as a key tool of foreign policy.
The level of spending is unjustifiable to my mind.
Not sure what your opinion on that is, but I'm suspecting we're not miles apart in our general opinion on these things, based on what I've read from your posts.
Aye, I agree with you & him too....about many things.
This thing about limiting our military to strictly self defense is not popular here. We're called "isolationists" (a much despised group) by the major political parties.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes it will be hard to accept Islam in such countries where you can find drug and alcohol abusers and
free prostitutes that men can have free sex with as kind of friendship.
But it isn't true that all Muslim countries are forbidding women to drive cars and to wear sexy dresses.
I agree that the OP isn't fair to Islam....it proposes extreme laws which are from extreme cultures.

I wanna know where all these "free prostitutes" are. I've been miss'n out!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, no. Hardly that. Avoiding the conflict in the first place is.
I'm a big fan of avoiding conflict. War should only be for when conflict comes a'knocking.
Don't you see what "the middle" is, when it comes to war?
Of course I do.
It's long part (chuban) between the beginning (fuseki) & the end game (yose).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you see moral significance in whether such a role existed?
You know that I see moral significance there. It's what we've been discussing here & in numerous other threads.
Assuming that you do, which motivation is worse between the two?
I believe that both roles were ethical choices in that war, so the word "worse" is inapplicable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is a very suspect, jaundiced way of describing the situation. It at least borders straight dishonesty, in fact.
I wonder how you come up with this stuff. I couldn't phrase it more directly & honestly. If you believe my understanding of your position to be erroneous, just say how & why. I wanna be accurate in my understanding.
I sorely hope Americans come to realize that. It is scary to notice that apparently most are so very oblivious to such obvious facts.
Don't make me post pix of my broken irony meter, bub.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But I am making no such moral judgement.
But if I were, then yes Oz=US=Japan etc in terms of their right to a moral high ground.
Governemts all do crappy things, none havr the moral highground. That is why we must limit their power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely as they say - a lesson the US is yet to learn.
I disagree....moral high ground can exist in some cases, & be lacking in others. It depends upon perspective & behavior at the time.
Examples:
Defeating Hitler & Japan: Moral high ground for US.
Aiding Iraq with WMDs against Iran: Moral low ground for US.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
In true Islamic country all human rights should be preserved, which unfortunately is not being practiced now. Muslim can be good citizen of the country of living. They always do not look for full country. Love of country of residence is part of faith.
I wonder if you could be more specific on what a "true Islamic country" would really be like. It is possible that we have very different ideas on what human rights are. So let me ask some specific questions.

In a "true Islamic country" would I be able to create satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad, publish and distribute them freely?

In a "true Islamic country" would I be able to publish anti-Islamic material that encourages people to critically examine and even abandon Islam?

In a "true Islamic country" would any Muslim be free to convert to any other religion if they choose to?

In a "true Islamic country" would Christian churches be allowed to operate freely and try to encourage Muslims to abandon Islam and embrace Christianity?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Parenthetical aside:
Things have been a little difficult in this thread, but I'm impressed how nicely all have been playing together. Even snarling mods have been kept at bay. Now, everyone beam with a pride, & have some bacon or other preferred treat. You deserve it!

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

-Premarital sex is forbidden

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution
I think most would wish they had not given Christianity such a hard time. haha

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Parenthetical aside:
Things have been a little difficult in this thread, but I'm impressed how nicely all have been playing together. Even snarling mods have been kept at bay. Now, everyone beam with a pride, & have some bacon or other preferred treat. You deserve it!
:candy::cherries::grapes::greenapple::doughnut::custard::icecreamcone::pear::strawberry::shortcake::shortcake::watermelon: [no bacon and alcohol, halal food plz]

Last edited:

Jumi

I think most would wish they had not given Christianity such a hard time. haha
I would equally object to Christian theocracy and forced conversion to Christianity as experienced by Jews and Pagans. We're just lucky that kind of thing seems to be in the past now.