• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Evidence?

Audie

Veteran Member
I never spoke for others. I simply list simple facts. Which part of my speech made you think that I speak for others, please point it out.

Thanks.
Who knows how many pages back.
Post the whole thing if you're curious.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Yes. Beliefs in metaphysical claims can have beneficial psychological impact. No need to tell me. I know it personally.... But you still can't test if this claims themselves are reality or just wishful thinking. Do you know what I mean?
In the psychic world the evidence can only be appreciated if one gets into the body of the person feeling it. So, I agreed that it can not be tested if the claims are real or wishful thinking but that should not discourage us from looking at them and I would like to assume that all that is claim is correct unless proven otherwise.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In the psychic world the evidence can only be appreciated if one gets into the body of the person feeling it. So, I agreed that it can not be tested if the claims are real or wishful thinking but that should not discourage us from looking at them and I would like to assume that all that is claim is correct unless proven otherwise.

As much as it saddens me to say this, I recommend exercising caution whenever encountering someone claiming to have psychic abilities. This is because not everyone who claims to have these abilities is honest, and they are not a genuine psychic or spirit medium. It's not only a sad truth that I and other genuine mediums or psychics must deal with, but it can also damage our own credibility until we prove ourselves to be authentic. Based on my knowledge of psychic abilities, extrasensory perception (ESP), also known as the sixth sense, explains my mediumship as well as that of other genuine spirit mediums and psychics. I was born with it. I became aware of it when I had my first interaction with an earthbound human spirit at the age of six, but I have some vague memories of it happening when I was four and five years old. As I explained in post #204, I've repeatedly tried to find a natural cause to explain my abilities, but there is none. I also try to differentiate myself from others who aren't genuine and only look to exploit vulnerable people who are mourning.

For instance, very few people in my life are aware of my abilities. It's not something I go out of my way to tell others in person. Only my husband, children, and in-laws know about my mediumship. Aside from them, a few friends and mutual friends are also aware, but they respect my privacy and have not told anyone else. I've been asked if I'm a spirit medium while investigating a haunted location, and depending on the circumstances, I've acknowledged my abilities, but I've never disclosed any personal information beyond my first name. Furthermore, I don't discuss my abilities anywhere else online except in this forum. RF is the first and only social media platform where I've discussed my abilities or lifelong experiences with them. In fact, I had an extensive discussion with my husband before I joined this forum about whether or not I should talk about my abilities and experiences with them. He thought it would be okay as long as I maintained my anonymity, which I have done. It's very important to me that I stay safe. So I truly value my anonymity on RF.

In keeping with my relatively low profile in life and online, I've never asked for money or sought fame and fortune in the seventeen years I've been actively using my abilities to help others. I understand that I have a special gift that I'm personally responsible for using to help others, whether they are living or dead. I've never made any money off of this, but I've spent quite a lot of money on ghost-hunting equipment and travel expenses (see here) to suspected haunted locations across the country in order to document some of my encounters with earthbound human spirits. There aren't many people in my life who are aware of my abilities, but there are a few paranormal investigators I know and trust who are. If one of the paranormal investigators I know asks me to use my abilities at a suspected haunted location, I will inform them and ensure their compliance, saying that I don't want to know anything about their experiences in the area. If the location is a house, a building, another type of structure, or a public business, then I don't want to know anything about the current or previous owners or the property's history. If someone hands me a personal object to potentially connect with a spirit, I will explicitly tell them that I don't want to know anything about the person who owned it prior to their death. If someone is driving me to a specific location, I prefer not to know where they are taking me. I actually prefer that no one speak to me while we're traveling, so I can focus on specific messages I receive from spirits.

Depending upon how I'm feeling, there are times when I'll request to be blindfolded, and I'll sometimes wear a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to drown out all of the background noise around me. It's important to me that I have a clear mind before participating in an investigation at a well-known or suspected haunted location, or whenever I'm providing a reading for someone in person. I want to make sure that my reading or what I'm sensing at a haunted location is accurate and that nothing has influenced me. I can't speak for other spirit mediums, but this is what I do when asked to give a reading or to use my abilities during a paranormal investigation. As a spirit medium, I am able to see, hear, and speak directly with earthbound human spirits, as well as feel their presence. For the past seventeen years, I've given personal in-person readings to people, which included specific private information that was only known between them and their deceased loved one(s), such as the first and surnames of their living or deceased relatives, exact dates of key events in their lives, family vacations, certain places they visited or traveled to outside of the country, and specific childhood memories that they have.

FYI, I've shared some of these experiences, as well as some of my investigations of suspected haunted locations, in the following posts.

First post: What’s after death?

Second post: Life From Dirt?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I perform the experiment all the time when I have to deal with porous wood, and ceramics absorbing liquids as a crpenter repairing firniture and repairing broken ceramic. , As I mentioned a simple small hole drilled deep when all else fails does the trick. A very simple phenomenon is a lousy basis fo claiming a miracle,. There are far more sophisticated hoaxes have been tried and failed than this.

Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Audie

Veteran Member
As much as it saddens me to say this, I recommend exercising caution whenever encountering someone claiming to have psychic abilities. This is because not everyone who claims to have these abilities is honest, and they are not a genuine psychic or spirit medium. It's not only a sad truth that I and other genuine mediums or psychics must deal with, but it can also damage our own credibility until we prove ourselves to be authentic. Based on my knowledge of psychic abilities, extrasensory perception (ESP), also known as the sixth sense, explains my mediumship as well as that of other genuine spirit mediums and psychics. I was born with it. I became aware of it when I had my first interaction with an earthbound human spirit at the age of six, but I have some vague memories of it happening when I was four and five years old. As I explained in post #204, I've repeatedly tried to find a natural cause to explain my abilities, but there is none. I also try to differentiate myself from others who aren't genuine and only look to exploit vulnerable people who are mourning.

For instance, very few people in my life are aware of my abilities. It's not something I go out of my way to tell others in person. Only my husband, children, and in-laws know about my mediumship. Aside from them, a few friends and mutual friends are also aware, but they respect my privacy and have not told anyone else. I've been asked if I'm a spirit medium while investigating a haunted location, and depending on the circumstances, I've acknowledged my abilities, but I've never disclosed any personal information beyond my first name. Furthermore, I don't discuss my abilities anywhere else online except in this forum. RF is the first and only social media platform where I've discussed my abilities or lifelong experiences with them. In fact, I had an extensive discussion with my husband before I joined this forum about whether or not I should talk about my abilities and experiences with them. He thought it would be okay as long as I maintained my anonymity, which I have done. It's very important to me that I stay safe. So I truly value my anonymity on RF.

In keeping with my relatively low profile in life and online, I've never asked for money or sought fame and fortune in the seventeen years I've been actively using my abilities to help others. I understand that I have a special gift that I'm personally responsible for using to help others, whether they are living or dead. I've never made any money off of this, but I've spent quite a lot of money on ghost-hunting equipment and travel expenses (see here) to suspected haunted locations across the country in order to document some of my encounters with earthbound human spirits. There aren't many people in my life who are aware of my abilities, but there are a few paranormal investigators I know and trust who are. If one of the paranormal investigators I know asks me to use my abilities at a suspected haunted location, I will inform them and ensure their compliance, saying that I don't want to know anything about their experiences in the area. If the location is a house, a building, another type of structure, or a public business, then I don't want to know anything about the current or previous owners or the property's history. If someone hands me a personal object to potentially connect with a spirit, I will explicitly tell them that I don't want to know anything about the person who owned it prior to their death. If someone is driving me to a specific location, I prefer not to know where they are taking me. I actually prefer that no one speak to me while we're traveling, so I can focus on specific messages I receive from spirits.

Depending upon how I'm feeling, there are times when I'll request to be blindfolded, and I'll sometimes wear a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to drown out all of the background noise around me. It's important to me that I have a clear mind before participating in an investigation at a well-known or suspected haunted location, or whenever I'm providing a reading for someone in person. I want to make sure that my reading or what I'm sensing at a haunted location is accurate and that nothing has influenced me. I can't speak for other spirit mediums, but this is what I do when asked to give a reading or to use my abilities during a paranormal investigation. As a spirit medium, I am able to see, hear, and speak directly with earthbound human spirits, as well as feel their presence. For the past seventeen years, I've given personal in-person readings to people, which included specific private information that was only known between them and their deceased loved one(s), such as the first and surnames of their living or deceased relatives, exact dates of key events in their lives, family vacations, certain places they visited or traveled to outside of the country, and specific childhood memories that they have.

FYI, I've shared some of these experiences, as well as some of my investigations of suspected haunted locations, in the following posts.

Anything you could actually demonstrate under
lab controlled conditions?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I find this very naive. This way you can buy into anything.
We can separate the discussion into three categories. One, where both sides agree. Second, where both sides disagree and third on which there is no clarity. The difficulty is that the first party will appropriate the third type of discussion and say that because it does not say anything, therefore, it supports me, whereas the second party will say the same that because God does not say anything therefore, God supports me. So, I would have been naive if I would have appropriated such silences in support of my position but that is not the case. What I am saying is that a claim is correct unless proven otherwise. The reason I am saying this is that the claim is being made by an inspired person, since inspiration has no proof. Therefore, the only way to move forward is to accept it to be correct unless proven wrong.

PearlSeeker

We can separate the discussion into three categories. One, where both sides agree. Second, where both sides disagree and third on which there is no clarity. The difficulty is that the first party will appropriate the third type of discussion and say that because it does not say anything, therefore, it supports me, whereas the second party will say the same that because God does not say anything therefore, God supports me. So, I would have been naive if I would have appropriated such silences in support of my position but that is not the case. What I am saying is that a claim is correct unless proven otherwise. The reason I am saying this is that the claim is being made by an inspired person, since inspiration has no proof. Therefore, the only way to move forward is to accept it to be correct unless proven wrong.
If two inspired persons make two contradictory claims you accept both?

Audie

Veteran Member
We know what you are saying.

What WE are saying is, YOU are just saying things.

Inspiration could easily have proof if it were true.

And its a fools game to just go about believing things.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Me, me, me, me, me me, me, and more Memes

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

I am very honored and happy that you have chosen to tell me about your psychic experience. I do considerable meditation but I do not connect with other souls or things. I do get some ideas about what to do in my practical life, but that is about it. So, my experience is quite different than yours. Perhaps it is due to my own inclinations. Be that as it may, the question we have to answer is what is evidence? All I am saying is that psychic evidence is a piece of evidence and it cannot be denied. And in fact, we should work together to work out parameters of how to create psychic evidence. Thank you.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
We know what you are saying.

What WE are saying is, YOU are just saying things.

Inspiration could easily have proof if it were true.

And its a fools game to just go about believing things.
Will you please explain this and give me some example where the inspiration could easily have had proof .

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I am very honored and happy that you have chosen to tell me about your psychic experience. I do considerable meditation but I do not connect with other souls or things. I do get some ideas about what to do in my practical life, but that is about it. So, my experience is quite different than yours. Perhaps it is due to my own inclinations. Be that as it may, the question we have to answer is what is evidence? All I am saying is that psychic evidence is a piece of evidence and it cannot be denied. And in fact, we should work together to work out parameters of how to create psychic evidence. Thank you.

You're welcome. And thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. I appreciate it.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Authors of the most influential inspired sacred writings are long dead now.
The authors of the script scriptures are certainly dead, but the believers in the scriptures are certainly alive, and they should be locked up because they are interpreting their scriptures in a contradictory manner.