• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God?

Madsaac

I don't think such questions have any evidence.
The claim of greater is in effect a form of existentional coping and psychology.

I'm merely saying that human existence has the same worth as ants, all beings exist to help with a balanced world. Do you agree?

And, I don't think the universe is greater, we are just part of the universe, our place is where we are however you said there are things in the universe which are greater. Such as?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm merely saying that human existence has the same worth as ants, all beings exist to help with a balanced world. Do you agree?

And, I don't think the universe is greater, we are just part of the universe, our place is where we are however you said there are things in the universe which are greater. Such as?

Well, there is no objective standard for worth including same worth. As for a balanced world, what is that and you got any evidence for that?

As for greater - according to science the sun will one day grow larger and swallow earth and kill all life on it. I would call that greater and ask how that is balanced?

Madsaac

Well, just try to fly around by flapping your arms.

As for greater - according to science the sun will one day grow larger and swallow earth and kill all life on it. I would call that greater and ask how that is balanced?
I think these two examples of the universe as being greater are very good examples of a balanced universe.

It's simply the way things have evolved, the way it's suppose to be. We aren't meant to fly and if the sun swallows the Earth then so be it.

It doesn't mean anything about what's greater

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I think these two examples of the universe as being greater are very good examples of a balanced universe.

It's simply the way things have evolved, the way it's suppose to be. We aren't meant to fly and if the sun swallows the Earth then so be it.

It doesn't mean anything about what's greater
Mother nature, evolution

Yeah, it is based on how you cognitively evaluate how the universe makes sense to you. That is all good and well, but it is without evidence as it is cognitive for how you think.

RestlessSoul

Why, what do you think is greater than humans?

Gravity, for one. Time, for another. Can you escape the influence of either?

Then there’s all the other mysterious unseen forces which animate the universe.

Man in his hubris has spent centuries learning to subdue and manipulate nature, with varying degrees of success. In so doing, our species has become an existential threat to life on earth. We need to learn the lesson that we depend on nature, she does not depend on us; and it is not our place to enslave her. To learn this lesson, we need to acquire some humility, pretty darn quick.

Madsaac

Gravity, for one. Time, for another. Can you escape the influence of either?

Then there’s all the other mysterious unseen forces which animate the universe.

Man in his hubris has spent centuries learning to subdue and manipulate nature, with varying degrees of success. In so doing, our species has become an existential threat to life on earth. We need to learn the lesson that we depend on nature, she does not depend on us; and it is not our place to enslave her. To learn this lesson, we need to acquire some humility, pretty darn quick.
We are part of gravity and time, it's not greater than us. We were able to evolve with it around us, didn't we? Its not greater than us, we are one. One big living organism.

And our evolution has allowed us to walk the Earth, and make choices rightly or wrongly which will determine our future. The Earth will continue to evolve and it may or may not include humans, whatever the outcome, the Earth will be in balance.

Madsaac

Yeah, it is based on how you cognitively evaluate how the universe makes sense to you. That is all good and well, but it is without evidence as it is cognitive for how you think.
Please don't start this again.

So you think it's 'greater' that the sun may swallow the earth rather than it just part of the evolution of the Earth' life? Isn't this just normal, not greater?

Or that humans being unable to fly is 'greater' than it just evolving that way? Isn't this just normal, not greater?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Please don't start this again.

So you think it's 'greater' that the sun may swallow the earth rather than it just part of the evolution of the Earth' life?

Or that humans being unable to fly is 'greater' than it just evolving that way?

Yeah, you really don't like that you have an understanding that is in part without evidence. You want to save that for religion and don't want to admit that is not just for religion.
Okay, then stop posting claims that have no evidence.

Madsaac

Yeah, you really don't like that you have an understanding that is in part without evidence. You want to save that for religion and don't want to admit that is not just for religion.
Okay, then stop posting claims that have no evidence.
My evidence is that 99% of science experts say that the sun will swallow the Earth one day.

And that humans didn't needs wings to evolve.

How much more evidence do you need?

RestlessSoul

We are part of gravity and time, it's not greater than us. We were able to evolve with it around us, didn't we? Its not greater than us, we are one. One big living organism.

And our evolution has allowed us to walk the Earth, and make choices rightly or wrongly which will determine our future. The Earth will continue to evolve and it may or may not include humans, whatever the outcome, the Earth will be in balance.

Of course the universe is greater than us. Do you have any conception how vast it is, and how tiny, and how fragile, we are?

Madsaac

How is that balanced? What scientifc theory are you refering to for your evidence for it being balanced?

Because that's what is going to happen or has happened. What scientific theory???? I just said 99% of experts said it's true

You said "Well, the rest of the universe put limits on human control and to do. That could be considered greater. I do."

And the examples you gave were.

'As for greater - according to science the sun will one day grow larger and swallow earth and kill all life on it. I would call that greater and ask how that is balanced?' I don't think this is greater, its balanced because that's what is going to happen.

"Just like Well, just try to fly around by flapping your arms." And I don't think this is greater, its balanced because that's what has happened.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

So you are one of those believers. Okay, I believe differently.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Because that's what is going to happen or has happened. What scientific theory???? I just said 99% of experts said it's true

You said "Well, the rest of the universe put limits on human control and to do. That could be considered greater. I do."

And the examples you gave were.

'As for greater - according to science the sun will one day grow larger and swallow earth and kill all life on it. I would call that greater and ask how that is balanced?' I don't think this is greater, its balanced because that's what is going to happen.

"Just like Well, just try to fly around by flapping your arms." And I don't think this is greater, its balanced because that's what has happened.

You really don't understand that it is different belief systems for us both?