• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is inaccurate with those communities who bring offerings to a sculpture?

buddhist

But do Muslims produce and sell Kaaba as an idol for that purpose compared to Buddha.

gautam_buddha_shades_of_vintage.jpg
We're talking about sculptures in the context of this thread. The Buddha statue is a sculpture, just as the Kaaba is as well.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
We're talking about sculptures in the context of this thread. The Buddha statue is a sculpture, just as the Kaaba is as well.

Muslims don't make sculptures for Kaaba and sell it as a sacred object compared
to Buddha, I am only clarifying the difference and I am not criticizing your own belief.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Where did i say that? I said accidents and death is happening all the time, using it
as gloating is disgusting, I never use such attitude, it's an ugly behavior even though
that you pretend to be a good guy, but no, i feel pity towards you.
Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't sure what you were saying because English is your second language. I wasn't using it as gloating at all. I think its sad that people get killed on a pilgrimage. Best to die of natural causes.

buddhist

Muslims don't make sculptures for Kaaba and sell it as a sacred object compared
to Buddha, I am only clarifying the difference and I am not criticizing your own belief.
What's the difference if there's one sculpture vs multiple sculptures?

It's like saying Christianity isn't a human sacrifice religion because only one person was sacrificed.

sovietchild

To me I see the idol that we construct in our minds being the biggest idol, we all have an image of what we believe God to be, we worship that image believing its not an idol when in fact it is.

I have a Q. for you. What is wrong with those people who worship an image of themselves?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I have a Q. for you. What is wrong with those people who worship an image of themselves?
Nothing, just as there is nothing wrong with people who worship an image of not themselves, but there are many self righteous people believing they are better because they don't worship an external idol, when in fact they worship a bigger idol that is internal.

sovietchild

Nothing, just as there is nothing wrong with people who worship an image of not themselves, but there are many self righteous people believing they are better because they don't worship an external idol, when in fact they worship a bigger idol that is internal.

Don't you think they are worshiping themselves; they are their own gods?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
What is incorrect with those communities who bring offerings to a sculpture?

In order to get something, you need to invest in something. What kind of investment is bringing an offering to a sculpture? What kind of a profit will they have in return? Is it a game of skill or is it a game of stupidity – lottery?

“Your trash is someone else’s treasure.” Those communities might as well give it to 3rd world countries, if they have it so much. The Prophet Muhammad said, Allah said: “Spend [on charity] O son of Adam, And I shall spend on you.”

I grow up in Ukraine. When I was a kid we didn’t have much food on the table. Sometimes I had to go to the neighbors back yards just to collect some apples and cherries because we did not have any food at the house. My mother would make some pancakes to sell it on the streets just to survive another day. Why do those communities investing ‘energy’ in sculptures when they could instead invest it in 3rd world countries? What are they doing? There is much greater profit if those communities would collect all the food that they don't need, and then give it to the others who are in need. Those sculptures are useless, they have no profit. Those communities are not deceiving no buddy but themselves.

“Those who spend in charity will be richly rewarded.” Quran 57:7

Breaking the cycle of poverty requires education and training so a skill, trade or profession can be learned that will give permanent employment to the poor.

The system tends to want to control people by giving them handouts and making them dependent on the state instead of independent of it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Don't you think they are worshiping themselves; they are their own gods?
No, the one who is close to God knows that God dwells within each one of us, the one who is far from God see's the one worshiping God within as an idol worshiper, its simple where you are and what level you are on.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The only difference I see is that one's object of focus is far away, the other's nearer.

The direction, praying in a specific direction is different than praying for the object,
Muslim don't pray for the Kaaba itself and not worshiping it as compared to worshiping
a sculpture such as Buddha.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The direction, praying in a specific direction is different than praying for the object,
Muslim don't pray for the Kaaba itself and not worshiping it as compared to worshiping
a sculpture such as Buddha.

I'll ask a question Kirran asked in another thread. Hypothetically speaking, assume for a second that the Kaaba was moved out of Masjid al-haram and to a new site. Where would Muslims face when they pray? Would they still face towards Mecca or would they face where the Kaaba had been moved to?