• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the NATO?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Actually there are peaceful instruments to promote peace: sanctions, diplomacy, agreements.
Which have all been tried. Putin wants this war. He's getting exactly what he wants.
Sending weapons to Ukraine will bring more war. More dead people.
Because Russia won't stop its invasion.
Seeking peace through weaponry is like trying to sweeten a cake by adding salt. :)
No one is seeking peace through weaponry. Russia invaded Ukraine. Ukraine is fighting back so they don't get destroyed or taken over. Peace would be Russia stopping their invasion. Failing that, Ukraine will continue to fight, and other countries will continue to support them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The difference is that one bear has nukes. The other only has the non-nuclear weapons our tax dollars are buying for them (and we are only giving them enough to have a stalemate). I hope everyone understands that Ukraine will NEVER get all of their land back. Not saying that is right or just, just that Russia has lost too much to back down. IMHO.
The most important thing is to send the
message to Moscow that further violent
conquest won't be worth it.

lukethethird

unknown member
Putin said the worst catastrophe of the 20th century was the demise of the Soviet Union, so that plus his actions should tell you what he's trying to do and why.
No doubt it was catastrophic. The transition was rough on the population because there was no plan in place, the situation was chaotic. The ruling classes took possession of the factories, workers weren't getting paid. One can only imagine how catastrophic it was. I'm glad I didn't have to go through that, there is enough problems in my own country on a regular basis without there being a total upheaval. To read into that and to say Putin wants to go back to the old system, I don't know if that is what he meant, because I have read that he does not want that.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Right.
But lately I have seen that Russia would be a much more loyal partner than other NATO members.
Who stabs other member states in the back.

???

Didn't you read Hillary's emails?
Gaddafi was killed because he was creating a new currency meant to liberate Western Africa from CFA Franc.

Right, right,... surely it had nothing to do with his systematic violations of human rights and funding of global terrorism.

I still have long term memory.

Doesn't sound like it.

Destroying Libya has signified to stab Italy in the back.

???

Because you made a claim..... :shrug:

One question: is the United States a privileged member of the NATO?
Or the law is equal for all, in the NATO?
Are you trying to pretend as if whatever a member of NATO does is automagically done in the name of NATO?

You should probably stop getting your intel from Russian State TV.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The ones who paid him are not the American Government, of course.
It deals with shady banking élites who have nothing to do with FDR or the Congress. They are so sneaky, that they have the gift of invisibility.
So he declared war on the US Government. Not on those élites.
You are in a whole new crazy conspiracy territory here.

I don't even know how to respond to such levels of crazy.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Seeing what nato did to Libya, now Ukraine is paying that price. It has been well understood for decades by those paying attention that nato's push eastern would result in Ukraine being where the bloodbath takes place. Nato has now formed a Pacific alliance and wants to go to war with China, Taiwan will pay that price.
Not so much a "push" as it was a "pull".

Eastern countries themselves asked to join. Nobody forced them.
They want to join, because they know how much of a threat Russia is to their security and sovereignty.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Let's not forget that MOST European countries have done nothing to favor peace between Ukraine and Russia.
This is a nonsensical statement.

European countries didn't invade Ukraine.
Your statement is as assanine as saying that most european countries have done nothing to favor peace between poland and nazi germany.

There is nothing there.
They invade and all you can do is defend and try and push them back.

Well, that or bend over with your pants down and surrender off course.
We'ld all be speaking German in an Aryan Third Reich of oppression and racism now if our ancestors thought like that.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Defense, right.

Sweden Calls on NATO to Focus on China to Placate Trump

Sweden Calls on NATO to Focus on China to Placate Trump | The Libertarian Institute

Sweden is calling on the alliance to shift some of its attention to China. Stockholm argues this will align the bloc more with former US President Donald Trump’s policies.

On Tuesday, Swedish Foreign Minister Tobias Billstrom explained that the alliance should reorient some of its military assets towards Asia to confront Beijing. “If you want your partner to think about the things you think are a problem, you have to show commitment to their problems, and the American people are more concerned with the threat that China poses than Russia, for obvious reasons,” he explained. Billstrom added the bloc will keep fighting Russia in Ukraine but China “should also be recognized as part of NATO’s concerns, [and] headache.”

NATO is a war treaty forever looking for a war.
Are you under the impression that anything there is calling for aggression against China?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why wouldn't NATO allow countries in Eastern Europe in anyway, if they wanted to join?
A better question imo, which seems to be completely ignored by all pro-russian muppets here, is why those countries in the east were / are so desperate to join in the first place.

Maybe, just maybe, it could have something to do with some type of threat from an authoritarian regime in their proximity that used to rule over them with brutal force and which dreams of turning back time?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Actually there are peaceful instruments to promote peace: sanctions, diplomacy, agreements.

Sending weapons to Ukraine will bring more war. More dead people.

Seeking peace through weaponry is like trying to sweeten a cake by adding salt. :)
Yeah, just like sending allied armies to Normandy in 1944 brought more war and dead people.
They should have just made peace with Hitler and let him keep all conquered lands till then, right?