• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the point of censorship?

PureX

Veteran Member
I am one of those few people.
I restlessly question my own beliefs.

For instance there are people like me who love debate and love to be asked questions.
There are people (the majority, as you said) who have an incredibly high level of fragility, so they rely on a very predetermined set of convictions.
They see debate as a threat to their psychological security: so they easily accuse others of conspiracy-theorism.
They hate debate.

Speaking of censorship...the Sorosian swamp would have probably censored the 50% of the interview with Putin.
I think you missed the point.

Wanting to debate with people is not an indication of someone wanting to change. It's more an indication of them wanting to change everyone else. But the point of my comment is that most people choose the ideologies that serve their existing personalities and desires because those ideologies appear more "true" to them. They align with how they already see themselves and the world. It's rare that someone would choose an ideology that demands they change who they are and how they see themselves and the world. Because that's difficult and disconcerting to do.

It's why we so often see religious Christians talking and behaving so un-Christian-like. And then using their warped view of religion to justify it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think you missed the point.

Wanting to debate with people is not an indication of someone wanting to change.
Yes, it is.
Because, how can they change, if there isn't a debater or an interlocutor, that tries to make them change their mind?
They are willing to change.
Otherwise they would tell you: I won't debate you because I am God, and I am right. Whereas you're a priori wrong. ;)

Too many people won't answer my questions on RF. Pleading the fifth is sign of guiltiness, at least in my country.
It's more an indication of them wanting to change everyone else.
Not quite. Most people couldn't care less what others believe.
That's why most people adore echo chambers.
I hate echo chambers.
But the point of my comment is that most people choose the ideologies that serve their existing personalities and desires because those ideologies appear more "true" to them.
And do you agree with them?
It's why we so often see religious Christians talking and behaving so un-Christian-like. And then using their warped view of religion to justify it.
That's true.

PureX

Veteran Member
Too many people won't answer my questions on RF. Pleading the fifth is sign of guiltiness, at least in my country.
Or they know you're wrong, and they know you aren't worth arguing with because you're not willing to listen or change, yourself.

I stop doing it for that very reason all the time.
Not quite. Most people couldn't care less what others believe.
Most people are trapped and controlled by their own egos.
That's why most people adore echo chambers.
I hate echo chambers.
Except, perhaps, your own. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Or they know you're wrong, and they know you aren't worth arguing with because you're not willing to listen or change, yourself.

I stop doing it for that very reason all the time.

Most people are trapped and controlled by their own egos.

Except, perhaps, your own. ;)
Facts speak louder than words.
If you ask me a question, I will answer it.

And I am one the most succinct and concise people here. As Oriana Fallaci said: an answer must be like a miniskirt. Long enough to cover the topic and short enough to make it interesting. ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Is that a yes or a no?
The answer is: hardly.
Putin, as his interview shows, does what Russians ask him to do. And Russians should change their vision on war.
So...the problem is not Putin. It's the leading classes and the élites in the Russian federation.

PureX

Veteran Member
Facts speak louder than words.
If you ask me a question, I will answer it.

And I am one the most succinct and concise people here. As Oriana Fallaci said: an answer must be like a miniskirt. Long enough to cover the topic and short enough to make it interesting. ;)
I don't argue with "true believers". It's just a waste of time. And honestly, I don't care what you think of Putin.

PureX

Veteran Member
Putin is just another in a long line of humans (mostly male) that have sold their souls to their egos, and will cause all manner of suffering and mayhem to everyone around them until they are dead. Unfortunately, the good people of the world won't just kill him and be done with it, because that's not how good people act.

Trump is no different than Putin, except he doesn't have the power he craves, and that Putin has. So the damage he can do at the moment is lessened. But he will do whatever damage he can until he is dead. Because he sold his soul to his ego long, long ago, and he's been a full on unrepentent criminal ever since. Just like Putin, and just like that long line of similar murderers and criminals going back through history.

Death is what they deserve, and death is the only thing that well stop them. So let is pray that death comes soon to them both.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Putin is just another in a long line of humans (mostly male) that have sold their souls to their egos, and will cause all manner of suffering and mayhem to everyone around them until they are dead. Unfortunately, the good people of the world won't just kill him and be done with it, because that's not how good people act.

Trump is no different than Putin, except he doesn't have the power he craves, and that Putin has. So the damage he can do at the moment is lessened. But he will do whatever damage he can until he is dead. Because he sold his soul to his ego long, long ago, and he's been a full on unrepentent criminal ever since. Just like Putin, and just like that long line of similar murderers and criminals going back through history.

Death is what they deserve, and death is the only thing that well stop them. So let is pray that death comes soon to them both.
That's great. Can you copy and paste this post in my thread? Thank you

PureX

Veteran Member
That's great. Can you copy and paste this post in my thread? Thank you
So, did you learn anything, yet?

☆Dreamwind☆

Protect from the truth?

Oriana Fallaci said that Truth hurts as excruciatingly as surgical instruments. But it heals as much as them.
To protect others from escalating hatred and harassment. Believe it or not, we can't say anything we want without consequences. Sometimes it is necessary. And it is always horrendous when the cruel get away with inflicting suffering.

An obvious example would be the no discrimination policy in businesses. You can keep the peace and keep your job, or you can hurl slurs and abuse at customer/boss/co-worker and get into a ton of legal trouble, to say nothing of losing your job.

I didn't think I had to explain the glaringly obvious.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To protect others from escalating hatred and harassment. Believe it or not, we can't say anything we want without consequences. Sometimes it is necessary. And it is always horrendous when the cruel get away with inflicting suffering.
I am sorry. I reject this approach.
I believe in Fallaci's mantra.
Fallaci wrote the book The rage and the pride and as a consequence, she was sued by many Islamic organizations...
and she was censored in many countries.
But not surely in the countries where freedom of speech is sacred.
An obvious example would be the no discrimination policy in businesses. You can keep the peace and keep your job, or you can hurl slurs and abuse at customer/boss/co-worker and get into a ton of legal trouble, to say nothing of losing your job.
I am not blackmailable. I won't be blackmailed by anyone.

Last edited: