• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief in regards to God?

What is your belief in regards to God?

• Total voters

Mr. Beebe

I don't mock Christians, and I have friends who are Christians. If God exists, he understands my brain and my reasoning far better than this parody you seem to believe, and I'll happily wait for his judgement rather than yours.

lol,,, Congrats,,,you are the first Atheist to not mock Christians. You sit here and proudly announce your unbelief. The Bible tells us that unbelief will not be excused. It is the unpardonable sin.

So,, in ignorance you sit and claim there is no God. Yet here you are, in a religious forum discussing God....lol.

Atheists, such as yourself, spend their entire lives warring against a God they claim doesn't exist.

You are in for a hot surprise if you think God is going to excuse you and your unbelief. But,, you go ahead and do as you desire,, because you know best, right? lol.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
lol,,, Congrats,,,you are the first Atheist to not mock Christians. You sit here and proudly announce your unbelief. The Bible tells us that unbelief will not be excused. It is the unpardonable sin.

I would suggest I'm not the one showing pride here, but whatever. I'll take my chances with an all powerful being not being as small and petty as you seem to make them.

So,, in ignorance you sit and claim there is no God. Yet here you are, in a religious forum discussing God....lol.

Ignorance. Yep. I think I already owned up to that one. I do find myself wondering if you're actually aware of the meaning of the word. Regardless, I don't believe in God. Religion is obviously a fact of life though. Is it so strange that I find myself both interested and impacted by religion? It is, after all, a human construct.

Atheists, such as yourself, spend their entire lives warring against a God they claim doesn't exist.

Stereotyping much? I have no issue with God, and am happy for him to judge me when he's ready. I have neither interest nor inclination to submit to your judgement though. You've shown not the least capacity to open your ears and listen, which would seem important for any judge.

You are in for a hot surprise if you think God is going to excuse you and your unbelief. But,, you go ahead and do as you desire,, because you know best, right? lol.

That lack of hubris is an interesting take on the Christian message. Perhaps your God is the real one, and we're watched over by a petty, small-minded and vindictive being. I hardly think that sort of being is one I would want to worship. And perhaps that being, petty as he is, holds enough power to torture me for all eternity. What a strange and twisted belief to worship such a stunted creature.

Mr. Beebe

Perhaps your God is the real one, and we're watched over by a petty, small-minded and vindictive being. I hardly think that sort of being is one I would want to worship.

God values your freewill, and so do I. So, He will surely honor your decision. Enjoy this life, because this is all you have. So,, I say, enjoy.

Blastcat

Page 22 Hours and counting

Sometimes it's better to be a Non-believer:

I can easily put myself in a non-believers shoes, and see the logic the reasoning in the fact that there is no God, there's only one dimension, the here and now. I can see the righteousness in the fact that there is no heaven, no Hell, angels are a myth, as are gods, and the Bible is just for kids. I can say, 'right on',and stay Zen or calm, because there are no religions either. All those Churches, Temples, places of prayer, Holy books are nothing to me, as the Spiritual dimension doesn't exist.

That's just, that's reasonable, and that's right too. As in Ps2.4 God sits on His throne and laughs at the nations.

We are all his creations whatever attitude we have.

Well, I guess you settled THAT.. lol. On what evidence do you propose that we should conclude that there is a creator god who created .... whatever it is you believe was created?

And it is Written in the Bible " I shall call those people, who are not my people, my people. And I shall call My people, those who are not my people". Believers and non-belivers have been equalised.

Is this your evidence? That someone wrote their beliefs in a book that you like?

We all came from the same source, nature, God, Brahma, Shiva, the Frog, call it what you like, be philosophic, but God made everyone equal, or sort of, (He has some favorites, which really do suffer).

God made? What is the evidence that there is a god and it made anything?

Personally, I like a good laugh, humour is next to Godliness or nature or whatever; it's also nice to sit on the throne with God and see it's all a real illusion.

There are many who think that reality is just an illusion. So what? They still have to pay their illusory taxes and are still affected by illusory nature.

The Potter is not so potty, after all, he makes what is necessary at the time it is necessary, and really doeas love all His works.

That means, 'o' God is Good to us all. So just get out of life what is good as you surely will according to Good's Plan.

So my friends, Have a nice day.

But why do you think that we have to believe in mumbo-jumbo to have a nice day?[/QUOTE]

Thief

Rogue Theologian
six and a half years and counting.....
the choice between Spirit first or substance is still set aside.

substance first and then all things are accidental.
and your life has no purpose
and you have to refrain science and it's rule of cause and effect.....

and the sum of Mankind in all it's diversity and unique spirit will fail into dust

I cannot nod my head to such line of thought.

Parsimony

six and a half years and counting.....
the choice between Spirit first or substance is still set aside.

substance first and then all things are accidental.
and your life has no purpose
and you have to refrain science and it's rule of cause and effect.....

and the sum of Mankind in all it's diversity and unique spirit will fail into dust

I cannot nod my head to such line of thought.
Argument from consequences fallacy: "If X was true, then Y consequence would result. I find Y consequence to be unappealing. Therefore, X isn't true".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Argument from consequences fallacy: "If X was true, then Y consequence would result. I find Y consequence to be unappealing. Therefore, X isn't true".
nope.....
I don't shift because I face a possible bad scenario.

God remains God.
Someone had to be first.

Parsimony

nope.....
I don't shift because I face a possible bad scenario.

God remains God.
Someone had to be first.
That's not the part of your argument I was talking about. I was referencing the part where you implied that the possibility of a meaningless life was reason to reject a materialistic reality. That would be the argument from consequences fallacy.

Rick B

Premium Member
Well, I guess you settled THAT.. lol. On what evidence do you propose that we should conclude that there is a creator god who created .... whatever it is you believe was created?

Is this your evidence? That someone wrote their beliefs in a book that you like?

God made? What is the evidence that there is a god and it made anything?

There are many who think that reality is just an illusion. So what? They still have to pay their illusory taxes and are still affected by illusory nature.

But why do you think that we have to believe in mumbo-jumbo to have a nice day?
[/QUOTE]
Since you don't believe that the Christian God or any God created the universe how do you explain the origin of that which exists?

Rick B

Premium Member
Curious to see if there was any depth of thought that the Atheistic worldview could rationally present consistent in your belief system.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Do you realize how difficult it is to have any respect for such a stance as yours?

You are telling us that your God is no better than a thug, then expecting us to hope for being "excused" by him.

Why would anyone even want to be "excused" by such a despicable so-called God?

The way you present it, that God is unworthy of our attention, let alone our respect, much less our hoping for him to "excuse" us from the shortcomings that are its fault, not ours.

And that is assuming that he exists at all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's not the part of your argument I was talking about. I was referencing the part where you implied that the possibility of a meaningless life was reason to reject a materialistic reality. That would be the argument from consequences fallacy.
you may have to expand a lot on that.....
materialistic reality?.......money?...politics?....social media?.....
while ignoring the point of singularity and deciding.....substance first?