• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your favorite breakfast?

Scott C.

Just one guy
I like biscuits and gravy, I think that would be my number one choice....

I like pancakes, thick, not over cooked, not neatly shaped either. Butter and maple syrup on top. Bacon. Over easy eggs, must be runny. Good toast with butter for the eggs. Lots of milk.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Ok... being a kiwi, where "biscuits" (bikkies) are "cookies"...

What are biscuits? I'm assuming you're not eating cookies and gravy...
This is as difficult as having a language barrier, but I will try and explain. Rolls here are usually served with a lunch or dinner meal. They are like bread in their consistency and texture, sort of fluffy. Biscuits are also like a bread but have more oil in them and are heavier in texture. Also higher in fat and calories, that is the down side, but they are goooooood. Especially with butter, jelly, jam, marmalade, makes my mouth water just thinking about them :drool:
Cookies to us are "sweet treats" made of sugar, flour, eggs and depending what else you like added say like chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and etc.....
Hope I have made been able to explain to you so you have some idea the difference...But then if we have biscuits for dinner with some meals, then that would be confusing for you. Anyway eat whatever you like whenever you like, just leave my biscuits alone I want them with my gravy for breakfast :D

Post #32 Where is My Notecard does an excellent job showing the difference you can tell what I mean about the biscuit and the difference in texture and also the weight between the roll and a biscuit. Thanks Hannah one picture is worth a thousand words....

Last edited:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
This is as difficult as having a language barrier, but I will try and explain. Rolls here are usually served with a lunch or dinner meal. They are like bread in their consistency and texture, sort of fluffy. Biscuits are also like a bread but have more oil in them and are heavier in texture. Also higher in fat and calories, that is the down side, but they are goooooood. Especially with butter, jelly, jam, marmalade, makes my mouth water just thinking about them :drool:
So possibly kinda like scones. Though - I wouldn't want scones with gravy...

Cookies to us are "sweet treats" made of sugar, flour, eggs and depending what else you like added say like chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and etc.....
Hope I have made been able to explain to you so you have some idea the difference...But then if we have biscuits for dinner with some meals, then that would be confusing for you. Anyway eat whatever you like whenever you like, just leave my biscuits alone I want them with my gravy for breakfast :D

Hehehehe chocolate chip bikkies with gravy doesn't sound too appealing :p

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Why not just call biscuits cookies, or crackers? ;)

Because biscuits/cookies are different to crackers.

Bikkies are sweet
Crackers are savoury - especially good with cheese:
crackers_with_spread_hires1.jpg

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I see..

Why not just call them rolls? 0.o
Because they're not rolls. :)

If it helps, think of an American biscuit as a scone, but with a more regular, uniform shape than a normal scone. Personally, what they call just "biscuits", I call a tea biscuit, but Wikipedia says that's particular to Canada, so I don't know if you'll be familiar with the term.

Aahhhhhhh.... You mean Biscotti!
I LOVE Biscotti!
Every now and then, my wife makes biscotti. :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My favorite breakfast is not too healthy, so I don't have it often. Waffles or pancakes with sausages and orange juice.
My usual breakfast is string cheese (low fat) and diet coke.