• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your opinion of Jesus?

Sargonski

Although I don't approve of abortion I think it should be a choice and there are circumstances under which it might be warranted.
But I don't think abortion should be used as a method of birth control, which is essentially the way it had been since Roe v. Wade.

Well that is good -- passing the founding principle and main teaching of Jesus test :) Remember back when Biden had his faculties .. debating one of the religious right dorks on abortion .. think was Paul Ryan .. said "Myself .. being devout Catholic do not agree with abortion but I don't agree with forcing my personal religious beliefs on others"

but, for those that do- believe in forcing religious beliefs on others through physical violence = Law .. When the soul arrives is an important question.. and if you want to force religious belief - A human exists at conception with rights including the right to life - on others through Law .. one needs to be able to justify that belief .. with something other than repeating "Its a human .. Its a human over and over and saying " I don't have to justify my beliefs to anyone"

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well that is good -- passing the founding principle and main teaching of Jesus test :) Remember back when Biden had his faculties .. debating one of the religious right dorks on abortion .. think was Paul Ryan .. said "Myself .. being devout Catholic do not agree with abortion but I don't agree with forcing my personal religious beliefs on others"

but, for those that do- believe in forcing religious beliefs on others through physical violence = Law .. When the soul arrives is an important question.. and if you want to force religious belief - A human exists at conception with rights including the right to life - on others through Law .. one needs to be able to justify that belief .. with something other than repeating "Its a human .. Its a human over and over and saying " I don't have to justify my beliefs to anyone"
Okay, now I think I understand what this thing about the soul was all about. ;)
I not agree with abortion but I don't agree with forcing my personal religious beliefs on others.

Sargonski

Okay, now I think I understand what this thing about the soul was all about. ;)
I not agree with abortion but I don't agree with forcing my personal religious beliefs on others.

Yes .. "this thing about the soul" :) I was just making sure yours was not heading down the path to the fire !! .. blaspheming the spirit- that "unforgivable sin" .. .. putting words in God's mouth .. thats what us Hall Monitors do on the Soul Patrol .. Keep the Souls out of harms way :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes .. "this thing about the soul" :) I was just making sure yours was not heading down the path to the fire !! .. blaspheming the spirit- that "unforgivable sin" .. .. putting words in God's mouth .. thats what us Hall Monitors do on the Soul Patrol .. Keep the Souls out of harms way :)
No, I am not a Christian. :D

Sargonski

No, I am not a Christian. :D

Who accused you of that crime friend ?! bullocks ! Tarry not over that .. nor the cat in the hat .. and tell me do you know you of the way of Maat ? .. and what happened to the Fat Cat ! When come to the Scales of Justice ... at the end of days .. .don't need to be Christian to face the Judgement .. "first the Jew . then the Gentile" .. just kidding at the end .. not a fan of Paul.. even though he kind of gets the judgement part right .. perhaps a broken clock moment.

Maat .. Tell me bout dat :)

Sargonski

Nobody. I just wanted to be sure you knew. ;)

It matters not to me the religion of the soul - the soul Patrol is an all inclusive inquisition :) What be the difference between one of Islam .. and an Islamist ? So it is written .. so it shall be done .. same song that is sung .. no matter from where you come .. cause Dat .. is the way of Maat. what u know about that ? and the fat cat .. speaking of the Islamist now .. and one of Islam .. which one down the dark path ..

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It matters not to me the religion of the soul - the soul Patrol is an all inclusive inquisition :) What be the difference between one of Islam .. and an Islamist ? So it is written .. so it shall be done .. same song that is sung .. no matter from where you come .. cause Dat .. is the way of Maat. what u know about that ? and the fat cat .. speaking of the Islamist now .. and one of Islam .. which one down the dark path ..
The soul Patrol? Are you saying Islam has a soul Patrol?

Ajax

Oh, do they?

2 months ago,

New Delhi: A miraculous incident took place in Haryana, where an 80-year-old man who was declared dead by doctors came back to life after his ambulance hit a pothole on the road. The man, identified as Darshan Singh Brar, is currently undergoing treatment at a hospital in Karnal, but is alive and breathing.

I stay on what i said previously , i am skeptic about your skepticism.
What on earth are you talking about, again? I have said that if the brain stops working when people die, then there is no consciousness. Your reply is totally irrelevant. Are you trying to imply that people get resurrected, or that the old man was conscious, after being declared dead?
Dead people and those who are even anesthetized, certainly don't have any consciousness, let alone loss of consciousness if somebody just faints. (We don’t know what went wrong at the other hospital, whether it was a technical glitch or something else.. the second hospital doctors said) .
I am skeptic about your logic.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What on earth are you talking about, again? I have said that if the brain stops working when people die, then there is no consciousness.
Hi Ajax. You are correct. if the brain stops working when people die, then there is no consciousness in the brain, but that does not mean there is no consciousness. I believe that the soul is responsible for consciousness, and after we die the soul takes on another form, a spiritual body, and consciousness continues in that body. All this happens when we ascend to the spiritual world, what Christians refer to as heaven.

Ajax

Hi Ajax. You are correct. if the brain stops working when people die, then there is no consciousness in the brain, but that does not mean there is no consciousness. I believe that the soul is responsible for consciousness, and after we die the soul takes on another form, a spiritual body, and consciousness continues in that body. All this happens when we ascend to the spiritual world, what Christians refer to as heaven.
Hi Trailblazer. This is the belief most people follow, but it has never been documented, not only for the afterlife, but also for it's own existence. We had a discussion about it. Scientists have shown that all soul's supposed actions, are brain actions. The soul story started well before Christianity from various philosophers and is a belief based on faith only. And faith/belief is the acceptance of a claim, fact or possibility, regardless of whether it can be justified or not. In Christianity alone, there are over 45,000 denominations which have some different beliefs.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hi Trailblazer. This is the belief most people follow, but it has never been documented, not only for the afterlife, but also for it's own existence. We had a discussion about it. Scientists have shown that all soul's supposed actions, are brain actions. The soul story started well before Christianity from various philosophers and is a belief based on faith only. And faith/belief is the acceptance of a claim, fact or possibility, regardless of whether it can be justified or not.
You are correct in saying that the soul and the afterlife have never been documented. How could they be documented?
You are also correct in saying this is a belief based on faith.

Whether or not a belief is justified or not can only be decided by the believer who justifies the belief in their own mid.
What is justified to me will not be justified to you since you are thinking with a different mind, the contents of which are wholly different from the contents in my mind.

Last edited: